Favre Returning?

RiFF

Favre Returning?

Post by RiFF » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:04 pm

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:

I can remember thinking how unfathomable it would be to ever see Joe Montana in anything other than a 49er uniform, but there he was one day, wearing Kansas City red. When I was listening to Mortensen talk about the remote possibility of Favre playing for someone other than GB, my first reaction was what an absurd possibilty.
But then my second thought was exactly that; it would have seemed absurd for either Joe Montana or Jerry Rice playing for anyone other than the 49ers. But then it happened.

DOOMSDAY

Favre Returning?

Post by DOOMSDAY » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:17 pm

Tough call to say if they actually would like to have him back or not. They have a talented and young team that can win now at the same time also having a young and talented QB in Rodgers who desperatley needs game experience.

Some may say that Favre is the reason they made it to the NFC Championship Game so of course they would want him back. But one could also say that Favre is the reason the Giants made it to the Super Bowl.

How about discussing that?

Sorry, Tom and Greg, I couldn't resist.

Greg Ambrosius

Favre Returning?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:08 pm

Originally posted by DOOMSDAY:
Tough call to say if they actually would like to have him back or not. They have a talented and young team that can win now at the same time also having a young and talented QB in Rodgers who desperatley needs game experience.

Some may say that Favre is the reason they made it to the NFC Championship Game so of course they would want him back. But one could also say that Favre is the reason the Giants made it to the Super Bowl.

Sorry, Tom and Greg, I couldn't resist. Your assessment is right on, Ken. The Packers made the NFC Championship Game because of Favre and he was definitely one of the reasons they lost that game. He wasn't the only one, but he was a big one, no doubt about it. Watching the replay of that game afterwards, there's no question it was one of his worst games and one in which he looked like he could hardly wait to get it over with. Us fans were freezing our as$es off too, but we would have stayed there for 5 more hours if it meant a victory and a Super Bowl berth. :D

Perry asked me earlier this week if there was ANY chance of Favre returning and I said 100% no way. I still can't believe he'd force the Packers' hand or play anywhere else. I still don't believe it will come down that way. I think he's naturally getting the itch to play, but he made his bed when he came to the press conference and cried like a baby. I love him to death, but this team is now ready to rock 'n roll with Rodgers and it's time to move on.

I'd love to see him play again, but the better call here is to remain retired and show up for that first Monday Night game to watch his jersey number being retired. It's time to end this once and for all. Stay retired, Brett, as much as I'd love to see you play again.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Diesel

Favre Returning?

Post by Diesel » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:20 pm

Favre to K.C.? ALA Joe Montana and Marcus Allen?
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

RiFF

Favre Returning?

Post by RiFF » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:32 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by DOOMSDAY:

Sorry, Tom and Greg, I couldn't resist. Your assessment is right on, Ken. The Packers made the NFC Championship Game because of Favre and he was definitely one of the reasons they lost that game. He wasn't the only one, but he was a big one, no doubt about it. Watching the replay of that game afterwards, there's no question it was one of his worst games and one in which he looked like he could hardly wait to get it over with. Us fans were freezing our as$es off too, but we would have stayed there for 5 more hours if it meant a victory and a Super Bowl berth. :D

Perry asked me earlier this week if there was ANY chance of Favre returning and I said 100% no way. I still can't believe he'd force the Packers' hand or play anywhere else. I still don't believe it will come down that way. I think he's naturally getting the itch to play, but he made his bed when he came to the press conference and cried like a baby. I love him to death, but this team is now ready to rock 'n roll with Rodgers and it's time to move on.

I'd love to see him play again, but the better call here is to remain retired and show up for that first Monday Night game to watch his jersey number being retired. It's time to end this once and for all. Stay retired, Brett, as much as I'd love to see you play again.
[/QUOTE]This sounds like....we GB fans are tired of your annual, I'm going to retire-I not going to retire rhetoric. So just retire already and get on with your life so our team can do the same. But by the way...you belong to us, so don't think about playing for anyone else.

liquidhippo

Favre Returning?

Post by liquidhippo » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:11 pm

I would love to see Favre back. Why? He's the only NFL player I'd pay money to see.

I get the feeling he's coming back.

Shrink Attack

Favre Returning?

Post by Shrink Attack » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:56 pm

Now Favre is saying it's "all rumor".

Hmmm...I think it's more than that.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

DOOMSDAY

Favre Returning?

Post by DOOMSDAY » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:32 pm

Good call Marc, I was thinking myself where else could he possibly fit in and never thought of KC, but that is almost too good of a fit to be true. I already love LJ with Croyle there, even better with Favre.

And Snake, I was only referring to the final INT in the Championhsip Game, as it seemed to reminisce of his games against the Cowboys in the playoffs, which were results I loved.

Let's start a Favre/LJ love thread, this combo could work!

Greg Ambrosius

Favre Returning?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:33 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
Your assessment is right on, Ken. The Packers made the NFC Championship Game because of Favre and he was definitely one of the reasons they lost that game. He wasn't the only one, but he was a big one, no doubt about it. Watching the replay of that game afterwards, there's no question it was one of his worst games and one in which he looked like he could hardly wait to get it over with. Us fans were freezing our as$es off too, but we would have stayed there for 5 more hours if it meant a victory and a Super Bowl berth. :D [/QB][/quote]

...the Giants also made Handsome Tommy & Co. look pretty lame for the most part in the Super Bowl as well...first and foremost, it was the Jints relentless and ferocious pass rush that lost the game for the Packers...that was the biggest reason why Favre looked bad and the Pack lost that game...start giving credit where it is due please...the Giants beat them...the Giants beat the Pats...the Giants SHOCKED THE WORLD and are the WORLD CHAMPS!...thanks much...SNAKE [/QB][/quote]

The fact that the Giants just shut down the Packers' running game didn't hurt any, either. In the NFL you have to stop the run and run the ball. That Giants did a good job of both in the playoffs and they certainly put the pressure on the QB. They deserved every playoff win they got.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius