I still have not received my prize money!

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:14 pm

Originally posted by Erok:
quote:Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
Either way, why post this in a public forum? Either way, how is it any of your business? You do not know what communications we've had prior to this. Emails were exchanged. Bottom line though is, it's been almost 8 weeks since I was supposed to have received my money and still have not. That, coupled with the fact I've been stiffed out of my money from other outlets before has me on edge a little, thats all.

Now, having said that, I will say that both Tom and Greg seem like top notch guys, having met them in NY. The NFFC is a first class league and in my opinion, the best run league of them all. Once this situation gets resolved, I will still continue to play the NFFC every year with no worries at all.
[/QUOTE]You made it my business when you posted it in a public forum.

I never mentioned I had knowledge of your previous communications.

I asked why you would post something that is between you and the business in a public forum.

Thanks for the reply! :D

[ February 19, 2008, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets ]
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:01 pm

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
quote:Originally posted by Erok:
Either way, why post this in a public forum? Either way, how is it any of your business? You do not know what communications we've had prior to this. Emails were exchanged. Bottom line though is, it's been almost 8 weeks since I was supposed to have received my money and still have not. That, coupled with the fact I've been stiffed out of my money from other outlets before has me on edge a little, thats all.

Now, having said that, I will say that both Tom and Greg seem like top notch guys, having met them in NY. The NFFC is a first class league and in my opinion, the best run league of them all. Once this situation gets resolved, I will still continue to play the NFFC every year with no worries at all.
[/QUOTE]You made it my business when you posted it in a public forum.

I never mentioned I had knowledge of your previous communications.

I asked why you would post something that is between you and the business in a public forum.

Thanks for the reply! :D
[/QUOTE]In all fairness to Erok, I believe Greg & TK posted a thread saying that checks are going out on such and such date...it seems reasonable that since they did post that, anyone of us could, in return post that they didn't get their check (and not have it seem like a blast against the NFFC).
@RedRyder

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:50 pm

And, I'm not trying to blast anyone. I asked a simple question.

I mean this was an obvious oversight that really didn't need to be called out publically. Especially in light of the situation with the AFFL.

While I'm guessing the OP had no real intention of trying to harm the game, I can see it doing no good whatsoever for the NFFC or high stakes contests. I think we know there are potential new clients that read these boards. Why take a chance of running them off when this could and would have been handled behind the scenes.

A simple clerical error need not come to this.

And that is my final answer.

:D

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:35 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:

I mean this was an obvious oversight that really didn't need to be called out publically. Especially in light of the situation with the AFFL.

While I'm guessing the OP had no real intention of trying to harm the game, I can see it doing no good whatsoever for the NFFC or high stakes contests. I think we know there are potential new clients that read these boards. Why take a chance of running them off when this could and would have been handled behind the scenes.

:D uffc, I wasn't saying YOU were blasting anyone. My quote was intended to read that Erok's post DID NOT blast the NFFC.

He had every right to post in these forums, especially since the NFFC made a post in regards to pay-outs.

As far as newbies reading the boards, well, why don't you give them an ounce of credit that they can actually read and read more than one post on the entire thread. Both Greg & Tom answered the thread. And BTW, Tom stated that Erok did nothing wrong by posting on the forums, that alone should be good enough for you to lay off.

You say you asked a simple question, well you got several answers, but didn't like any of them.
@RedRyder

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:40 am

You Go Girl! :D
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:50 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
You Go Girl! :D I need to stay off these boards and prepare for baseball, huh!?! :D
@RedRyder

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:11 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
You Go Girl! :D I need to stay off these boards and prepare for baseball, huh!?! :D [/QUOTE]Okay, now that we've got this answered, let's get back to forming that Keeper League!! :D The truth of the matter is that we obviously paid everyone since nobody else came on this thread to say they hadn't gotten paid. Whatever clerical error delayed Eric's $500 payment is being worked out through Tom and our accounting department and I promise Eric will get his $500. AFFL's situation is spooking everyone, but trust me we have no problem securing our prize funds and paying folks as soon as possible after the NFFC season, which is what happened this year.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:47 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:

:D uffc, I wasn't saying YOU were blasting anyone. My quote was intended to read that Erok's post DID NOT blast the NFFC.

He had every right to post in these forums, especially since the NFFC made a post in regards to pay-outs.

As far as newbies reading the boards, well, why don't you give them an ounce of credit that they can actually read and read more than one post on the entire thread. Both Greg & Tom answered the thread. And BTW, Tom stated that Erok did nothing wrong by posting on the forums, that alone should be good enough for you to lay off.

You say you asked a simple question, well you got several answers, but didn't like any of them.
[/QUOTE]Jules, I appreciate you taking up the cause. That is commendable. Please don't put words in my mouth. I never said I didn't like all of the responses. However, I certainly didn't like Erok's. I asked a question as I have just as much right to post as Erok did.

Erok replied and obviously took exception to my question. Obviously Erok thought posting on the MB was the best thing for his cause. I questioned that. I never said HE blasted the NFFC.

There was no need for me to "lay off". I asked a question. I got a response that asked me what business was it of mine to respond to a post ON A MESSAGE BOARD. I responded to that.

It appears that you felt the need to speak where Erok, Greg, and Tom could not convey their message. Again, I thank you for your concern to clearing up the matter.

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:33 am

uffc, the cause I'm taking up is more of a freedom of speech cause. It has nothing to do with the AFFL situation. It has nothing to do with "putting words in your mouth".

I do not know you or Erok. But what I do know is he should be able to question the NFFC on their Message Board, ESPECIALLY since the NFFC posted on their Message Board that checks were sent out.

I do not want to be accused of putting words in your mouth again, but it seems from your posts that you took/take exception to his question. Which is fine, but if one posts, then it is reasonable to except other posts (some that do not share one's opinion).
@RedRyder