32 Teams In 32 Days: Pittsburgh Steelers

TOMDOG

Post by TOMDOG » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:44 am

There is something to be said for cohesive play,and the STEELER o line is a cohesive unit,returning intact(starters),another year under their belt.
They truly underperformed last year,but add in that they lost both starting halfbacks last year,and Ben has a tendency to hold onto the ball,and that adds to the sacks and lower overall run game performance.
They arent great,but not as bad as last year,with an easier schedule.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:55 pm

Originally posted by slam:
"2009 Prediction: 11-5, Fourth Place "

Bold addd for emphassis

Am I missing something here?
I am sure this is a misprint.

Clev and CIN ahead of PIT?

I agree CIN will be better but ..........
Typo corrected. Thanks Sam. Always good to have more editors in the group. :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

TOMDOG

Post by TOMDOG » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:48 am

Today is my annual trip to Latrobe,Pa,to watch the 6 time champs practice,and i will post a full report here tonite or tomorrow.I have been reading good things so far about FWP and Limas Sweed,and not so good stuff about the oline.
If anyone has a specific question about a particular player please post it here,and i will report what i see about them.
Have a nice day all.

TOMDOG

Post by TOMDOG » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:55 am

Pretty tame stuff this year.Usually i go later in preseason to practice and there is more hitting going on.Today,not so much.Saw alot of passing though.
Random notes
Limas Sweed was on the field alot,and very invplved in the passing game.No drops,good practice.
Hine Ward did practice,a first for him in public i was told.He was limping at the end,but no big deal.
Matt Spaeth had most of the tight end balls thrown to him,and caught everything.
No Mewelde Moore today,don know why.
Troy Polamolu was in shorts and a t shirt,with his lower right leg bandaged,looked like an ice pack.
Big Ben threw some early,but most of practice balls were thrown by Charlie Batch and Dennis Dixon.
Santonio Holmes was returning punts today with a couple of other guys.
There are 7 or 8 rbs in camp,and they all look exactly alike in pads,same height and weight it seems.Parker,Mendenhall,Davis,Summers,ect,ect,ect.
Carbon copies of each other going through the drills.
Oline is huge,except for the centers.No Hartwig vtoday,starting c was Doug Legursky,a 2nd year pro out of Marshall,and backing him up was A Q Shipley,the rook out of penn st and moon high school(local kid)but he really looked small out there.I did not see him get pushed on his butt however.
The rest of the starters at line were Essex,Starks,Colon and Kemoeatu,looked good.
Little worried about center.
Defense looks very agressive,as usual.

I took a bunch of pics,but dont know how to post here,i need to take a class from KING of QUEENS,lol.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:33 am

Thanks for the report Tom. Great stuff.

If anyone else is visiting their team's practices and wants to post the info, that would be greatly appreciated.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:45 am

I will be at Cardinals camp on the 18th and will have a full report after that

TOMDOG

Post by TOMDOG » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:56 am

Perry,i will be very intrsted to hear about the cards,especially Fitz.

Glenn,you may be correct about FWP,and i have one more observation i forgot to put in yesterday.
During rb drills,there was one drill where the players would step out and make a lateral move ,one at a time,for the coach,a basic footwork drill.Mendy did his with his helmet in his hand,all the other guys wore theirs.Maybe nothing,maybe a little diva move on his part.

And i hope to see others post some team reports here as Tom suggests.Love your 32 teams in 32 days threads Tom,and i like to see what other ff players observe at camps also.