LOCKS of the week

TamuScarecrow

LOCKS of the week

Post by TamuScarecrow » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:45 pm

KW3, I can understand you being a Giants fan and a 3-1 start getting you excited for the first time in God knows how many years, but try not to get carried away. I do believe I said this is going to be a high scoring affair. But I don't want a rundown of 02 and 03 because my view of the Giant secondary and yours are very different. I put the 04 facts right in front of your face. If the Giant secondary is so good, why are they giving up more yards a game than Dallas? You can use the one bad game line against Philadelphia but Dallas can use the same argument with Minnesota. The fact is neither one of these secondaries are good. Which leads us to the obvious difference maker in this game which is the O lines. Warner's been sacked 13 times to Testaverde's 3. Advantage Dallas. Barber is outrushing the entire Dallas backfield. Advantage Giants. Should be one heckuva game but don't make it sound like a Giants cakewalk because you'll lose your butt betting anything but the over on this game.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

KW3

LOCKS of the week

Post by KW3 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:19 pm

Tamu...your arguments just get weaker and weaker. You start off with the Giant CBs suck and they weren't worth the draft picks. That was bad enough. Just about the most uninformed opinion I've heard this year.

Than you mention the "rookie" Wilson and I counter with the 2 rookies that Dallas has and the best you can do is come back with 04 stats after 3 games? That is weak.

Let me clear that up for you.

#1. Garcia had something like 60 yards passing. That had a major effect on the avg after only 3 games. So the 3 game avg doesn't mean jack. Give it time. The Min game will be closer to the norm for that secondary.

#2. More improtantly, your starting CB this Sunday wasn't playing for Dallas in the first 3 games. In fact, he's never played CB in the NFL before. Reeves wasn't the starter in any of those games was he? If Reeves and Jones are getting a lot of time at CB than I guarantee you that passing average will soar. Jones was beaten like a drum in the Big East. If he's playing Carter it's going to be very ugly for Dallas.

The OL? Sure your OL is better. But how's that running game coming along? What good is the OL when you still don't have a running game?

The league will catch up to the Dallas O very soon. Or maybe I'm wrong....having Vinny throw it 35+ times a game has proven to be very succesfull in the NFL over the past 15+ years.

richieprimo

LOCKS of the week

Post by richieprimo » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:19 pm

First off, you guys are getting a bit too worked up over what will ultimately be a battle of attrition between two mediocre teams. That being said, I like Dallas to win this game, but the “hook” on the point spread may come into play. Trust me…the oddsmakers know much more than we do. Nathan, I give you my picks for the week, without getting into too much detail, as I’ll save that for the real thing.

Dallas -3 ½ -- Parcells will NOT lose this game, although it may be decided by a FG, but I’ll lay the hook anyway.

San Diego + 3 – In an ugly, ugly game, LT runs amuck against the vaunted Jags defense.

Buffalo + 6 ½ -- C-Mart returns to Earth and the Bills pull off the road upset. Crazy, huh?

That’s it for the NFFC Board, Nnoy…next week we do it the right way, compliments of “Outright Richie.”
:cool:
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

JB

LOCKS of the week

Post by JB » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:46 pm

Since we are all making picks...here goes...

Miami + 13 (I have a very strange feeling they may actually win the game but my brain says HELL NO)

Cleveland +6 (Lee Suggs is a difference maker!)

Rams +7 (Seattle D not quite as good as numbers indicate)

Baltimore PK (Ray Lewis doesn't like losing, he may kill someone this game!)

Packers -3 (Packers lose 3 in a row at home...I don't think so!!...as long as Favre plays the WHOLE GAME)

FFMadMan

LOCKS of the week

Post by FFMadMan » Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:44 am

Baltimore (PK)- "lead pipe" lock - J. Lewis gets 45 carries heading into 2 week suspension. Prime Time returns to the 3rd house he built.

Steelers (-6) - Cleveland will have 4 turnovers and can't stop the run.

Oakland (+9) - Look for Collins to rebound and keep it close. Vandy's hammy is a problem and Woodson and Buchanan match up well. Colts can't stop anyone without turnovers. Take the OVER too.

richieprimo

LOCKS of the week

Post by richieprimo » Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:41 am

Agree with the Collins theory. Start your Curry's and Gabriel's. Hell, I might even start Jolley. :eek:
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

TamuScarecrow

LOCKS of the week

Post by TamuScarecrow » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:19 am

KW3, eating crow today as I have to give you your due for the Giants pick. Will not question the Giant defense in the future except against the Eagles and Vikings.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

nnoy

LOCKS of the week

Post by nnoy » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:06 am

Updated Results:

NNOY 3-0 (SD W, Car W, Stl W)
KW3 2-1 (NYG W, Min W, Jax L)
Swearengen 2-1 (Dal L, SD W, Buf W)
JB 1-2 (Cle L, Mia L, Stl W) only wanted 3 games, but he added (Bal, GB)
FFMadMan 1-1 (Pit W, Oak L) (Bal)

Looks like this group could put a hurt on Vegas.

[ October 10, 2004, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: nnoy ]

nnoy

LOCKS of the week

Post by nnoy » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:42 pm

That's 9 for my last 9 and 11-4 on the year (went 0-3 week 1.)

richieprimo

LOCKS of the week

Post by richieprimo » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:55 pm

Man, Nnoy...I HATE when I miss an outright dog call. SD worked out, but the Jets kick a FG with under 2:00 left. The Giants "shocked" me, but today's results put me at a very monetarily viable 11 and 4 on my weekly Primo 3-Pack, with 6 total outright dog winners on the season. Not being a degenerate, I won't bet on Monday night football unless I like the game in question. Tomorrow night falls under that category. I'll shoot you an e-mail to confer on our previous discussion.

"Outright" Richie Primo :cool: