Should NFFC follow WSOP?

Ted's Cracked Head

Should NFFC follow WSOP?

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:53 am

I did bring my wife a couple of years ago to try and get her to understand my passion for the game and draft and she left KNOWING that I was seriously F'd up. This backfired on every level and I would not recommend it unless you have a good prenup/attorney.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

mikeybok

Should NFFC follow WSOP?

Post by mikeybok » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:18 am

I would have no problem with this at the main event.

Who know's ... if it draws a lot of beautiful single available women who like to watch Fantasy Football and love to cook .... Hmmmmmmm (OK ... time to wake up and get back to work) :D
Hakuna Matata!

RiFF

Should NFFC follow WSOP?

Post by RiFF » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:19 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RiFF:
[qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Z-Men:
[qb] (
Now if you need a miracle ear to hear the facilitator, that's another story! LOL...actually I passed the hearing aspect of my last physical with flying colors. So I do not believe I'm in need of a miracle ear; but I could use a miracle RB or 2!! The reason our table kept asking the facilatator to repeat his pick announcement was at least partially tied to what you brought up. We could clearly hear all the announcements at adjacent tables because of the "megaphone" booming voices of their facilitators.

RiFF

Should NFFC follow WSOP?

Post by RiFF » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:23 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
I would have no problem with this at the main event.

Who know's ... if it draws a lot of beautiful single available women who like to watch Fantasy Football and love to cook .... Hmmmmmmm (OK ... time to wake up and get back to work) :D lol...For the most part, a bunch of out of shape middle aged and older men participating in a hobby tied to a game most women do not understand nor have any desire in ever trying to understand...yeah, I can see how this would be a magnet for "a lot of beautiful available single women"...or NOT!! Of course if the contest was confined to participants with a net worth of $10 million or greater, you might be on to something. :rolleyes:

lichtman

Should NFFC follow WSOP?

Post by lichtman » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:43 am

This was parody, right? A joke?
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

TURBOUGH

Should NFFC follow WSOP?

Post by TURBOUGH » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:16 pm

There is nothing exciting about watching a fantasy football draft. Watching people play for millions on dollars where every hand counts is another story.

KAPEFEAR2

Should NFFC follow WSOP?

Post by KAPEFEAR2 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:40 pm

LEE.whats your BEEF. If you had 1-2-3 I think they are pretty much scripted.Who get's Gates and the rest is Moss or Owens.If you want to keep whining stay home or do on line drafting.Otherwise "MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU"

Robert Zarzycki

Should NFFC follow WSOP?

Post by Robert Zarzycki » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:44 pm

I hear what you guys are saying... and I guess the bottom line here is that it wouldn't matter if we kept it open to the public because what everyone is saying, and I'm not disagreeing with what everyone is saying, is that no one would show for the event, or for anyone who would show wouldn't stay that long anyway.

I'm looking for a reason not to open it to the public. If no one shows, doesn't make a difference. -z-
Robert Zarzycki
Author of Drafting To Win & Fantasy Football's Big Six (AuthorHouse.com)

Route Collectors

Should NFFC follow WSOP?

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:09 pm

Originally posted by stool pigeon:
apples and oranges with football and poker.

with poker there is an immeditate "excitement payoff" with what cards will be turned. every hand is a new game.

with football there are 16 weeks that determine a winner.

" oh my god, he got running duces to quad up to beat the full boat"

" oh my god, he got larry johnson with the 4th pick. i can't wait til 5 weeks from now when lj goes for 4 td's." ROFLMAO :D :D