Fanball.com Acquires NFFC, F+W Fantasy Products

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:11 am

Congrats Greg and Tom!

I just hope as KOTRAX said you guys are the 'Point Men' and we always be for NFFC.

Does Fanball.com also own FFOC?

So again Congrats,

John

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:13 am

This is good stuff, and anything that can expand this contest into THE premier event in fantasy sports....I'm all for it!

Congratulations to both of you, as the two of you have worked VERY hard to make the NFFC/NFBC what it is (was), and now it looks like the best is certainly ahead!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:16 am

Originally posted by OrCal Crapshooters:
Greg

Will anything change as far as the online draft room or the way the league will be run from week to week ? No changes right now. The lawyers delayed this deal so long it's business as usual for 2009, except for maybe a few more drink tickets on Draft Day!! :D We are running all online drafts through MockDraftCentral.com and the game site will be the same through STATS.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:20 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
I CERTAINLY HOPE SO. YOU GUYS RUN A GREAT EVENT AS IT IS.

I KNOW SOMETIME CHANGES CAN BE GOOD. I JUST HOPE YOU AND GREG STILL CONTINUE TO CALL THE SHOTS AND NOT SOMEONE ELSE. The beauty of this move Ormond is that Charlie and Ryan and the folks at Fanball trust us to run a good event and a good league. Nothing will change there. The beauty is that they have an existing customer base of fantasy players who I think will join our NFFC family in the near future and I think we can really grow this contest internally and externally through their promotional powers. We never were able to do that here.

And with a fresh start comes fresh ideas. Ryan has already trumped me with his thoughts of enhancements, giveaways, TV around this and more. If he comes through with all he's talking about, the sky is the limit.

This is a fresh start at the right time with the right guys. And of course, Tom and I are staying on board fully, so what's not to like? :D This might not have worked as well without us, which is what we'll say at our first meeting for a raise. Hear that Charlie? ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:22 am

Greg - what happens to the NBC/Rotoworld participation?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:23 am

Originally posted by TOMDOG:
WOW.
I was stunned while reading this news.When you said you had a big announcement i thought it would be along the lines of a new contest,something like that.
Big time congratulations Greg and Tom,and i hope you got all you wished for in the deal.Its great that you guys are part of the package as well,i know i really like that. THANKS CHAMP!!

Not only are we part of the deal but again our Fantasy Sports Magazine was sold along with all of the custom publishing ventures we do. So we still retain our subscriber list from the magazine, we will produce our 21st season of Fantasy Sports Magazine next year, we now have incredible reach with all of the Fanball titles and our custom pubs and we'll be promoted heavily to the CDM customers and on Fanball and Rototimes.com. And CDM has some promotional ventures through ESPN.com that is driving traffic to our site right now. The promotional reach now is 10-fold compared to what we had before.

As I told them, I know how to run a contest. You get me the customers and I'll make sure they are happy with our game and our customer service. You bring them and I'll take care of them. Well, that's going to happen now.

All of fantasy we had here we still have with Fanball AND A WHOLE LOT MORE!!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:30 am

Originally posted by GK:
...also, (and The Serpent thinks that he echos the sentiments of most. if not all here), SNAKE is sincerely hoping that no one messes with a GREAT thing (14 team format, KDS, 3RR, great customer service, competitive payouts, etc.) because as the old adage goes; if it ain't broke...

...SNAKE I was just about to ask this myself, Glenn.

Taking away all that makes the NFFC unique (see above) would be a major step back IMO, also.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:33 am

JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY GREG, YOU AND TOM PLAN ON BEING WITH US FOR THE LONG HAUL CORRECT?

I KNOW WITH THE WCOFF LENNY AND EMIL SLOWLY BUT SURELY WALKED AWAY FROM THE WCOFF.

THIS IS NOT IN YOUR GUYS'S PLAN? RIGHT?

I CERTAINLY HOPE NOT!!