Show Your NFFC Teams And Get Ready For Feedback

Highlander

Post by Highlander » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:24 am

12 team with no rb 1 but hoping my wr will make up the difference...feedback would be appreciated thanks
QB
Rivers
J. Freeman
RB
K. Moreno
C. Benson
F. Jackson
Spiller
Mcgahee
C. Williams
WR
H. Nicks
G. Jennings
V. Jackson
P. Burress
G. Little
D. Driver
P. Crayton
TE
M. Lewis
J. Gresham
DEF
Pittsburgh
K
Kaeding
Carpenter

Roger

Post by Roger » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:39 am

My picks in 12 team online championship this week. As harsh as it may be, I enjoy the analysis, especially from some of the more seasoned players (and they are usually accurate). If I screwed anything up, I'd like to address this when I do another OC draft in 2 weeks.

We did not get a WR until round 5, so the strategy at that point was to replace quality with quantity and play matchups with this group from week to week.

QB - Brady, Hoyer, Grossman

RB - Rice, Hillis, Sproles, Hardesty, Ricky Williams

WR - Manningham, Edwards, Moore, Sims-Walker, Branch, Driver, Avery

TE - Clark, Tamme

Flex - Vernon Davis

Def - Pittsburgh

K - Gostkowski

How will this team do? Where are my problems?

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:47 am

Lack of a WR1 or 2.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:59 am

TE - Clark, Tamme

Flex - Vernon Davis

Def - Pittsburgh

K - Gostkowski

How will this team do? Where are my problems? I am really high on Manningham and think he will be a solid #2 and almost feel the same way about Lance Moore as a solid 3 with 2 upside, but I wouldn't want to have to play the matchup game with the rest of the wideouts in a league where you have to start 3. There is bound to be some hair pulling every week. I definitely want to secure my top 3 WRs before I add my flex position and this includes a must have of a top tier WR.

Brady, Rice, Hillis, Clark and VD are golden but I would sure like to see who you passed up to take your second or first TE for that matter. Plug in any one of those wideouts on the board and you may have had a much stronger chance for success.

In a 14 team league I feel this team could be competitive but in a 12 team league my first instinct would be to say that this is a middle of the road team.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:12 am

12 team with no rb 1 but hoping my wr will make up the difference...feedback would be appreciated thanks

QB - Rivers, J. Freeman
RB - K. Moreno, C. Benson, F. Jackson, Spiller, Mcgahee, C. Williams

WR - H. Nicks, G. Jennings, V. Jackson, P. Burress, G. Little, D. Driver, P. Crayton

TE - M. Lewis, J. Gresham
DEF -Pittsburgh
K -Kaeding, Carpenter I agree with the Maetro's analysis.

If this was a DC I would feel much better about drafting the RB duos from Denver and Buffalo but in a 12 team league, you should not have a hole that large at any position. You'll be playing RB Roulette all season but if you can hit them right, the rest of you team is definitely strong enough to overcome those shortcomings. If not and you get minimal points from each back, I doubt you have the firepower to win your league.

Nicks, Jennings and V Jax are a sick core of WRs. Your leaguemates should be ashamed of themselves for allowing that to happen.

If Moreno and/or Benson carry the loads and getter' done, you will be strong.

Note: If you had passed on Rivers and selected a RB with that pick, I think you would own that league. I am assuming you took him in the 4th?
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Highlander

Post by Highlander » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:31 am

Thanks for the feedback and I agree..there was a run on rb early so I went the wr route....Rivers was there in the 5th so I took him there....should of got a rb/wr instead of freeman in the 9th.......live and learn

reddeer

Post by reddeer » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:36 am

Originally posted by Highlander:
Thanks for the feedback and I agree..there was a run on rb early so I went the wr route....Rivers was there in the 5th so I took him there....should of got a rb/wr instead of freeman in the 9th.......live and learn If I draft one of the big 6 QBs, I wouldn't take a backup until the last 2-3 rounds...

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:48 am

Originally posted by Trust In Bill:
My picks in 12 team online championship this week. As harsh as it may be, I enjoy the analysis, especially from some of the more seasoned players (and they are usually accurate). If I screwed anything up, I'd like to address this when I do another OC draft in 2 weeks.

We did not get a WR until round 5, so the strategy at that point was to replace quality with quantity and play matchups with this group from week to week.

TE - Clark, Tamme

Flex - Vernon Davis

Def - Pittsburgh

K - Gostkowski

How will this team do? Where are my problems? Honestly, I don't think I would want to go into the year with this team. Not that things won't change between now and the season because there are always injuries and the wavier wire.... But since you have to start 3 WR's, I don't think you can ignore that position that long. You have upside guys who will have good weeks but I suspect your scoring will be somewhat inconsistent since you don't have the big name go to receivers on your team. With that being said, I do like the choices you made at WR - just not the method of putting together the team. I did something like this in a draft earlier this year (early Qb and double TE) and I hated my team when I got done. Just my opinion which could be or probably is wrong.

Wayne