You ask/I answer-I ask/You answer

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:51 am

Originally posted by renman:
quote:Originally posted by GOD Hates You:
I have Owens, Wayne, Welker, Marshall, and Breaston on my auction squad. Assuming Wayne plays this week, would you start Breaston over TO?

Thanks I would be careful. I am not one of those guys who has the logic "you must start your studs no matter what" because I bench mine quite regularly if I see something better on my bench. My point is that when a player like Owens has an invisible game (several in this case) where they are not getting the ball to him... sometimes offenses go out of their way to force the ball to him to get him in the flow and get defenses focused on him again.

I guess I just added to your confusion...
[/QUOTE]Plus if the Boys don't have Witten, that will make it that much harder for TO to have a huge game. But this coming from a guy who benched R.White two times this year. :mad:

John

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:52 am

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
Will you win in Week 10 without Portis and Cooley? More importantly, does it even matter? I think it might not matter for the winner of our match up. Who ever loses might only have a one game lead and you have to play your division one more time. As long as we don't collaspes we are in. I think you have the edge that week, but we have Kevin Smith!! How much do you bid on him? [/QUOTE]K.Smith, if your happy with 8-10 points, than he's your guy. ;) By far my worst pick.

John

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:21 am

Hey Shawn, will this kid from Cincy come trick-or-treating at my door today ??

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:32 am

Originally posted by GOD Hates You:
I have Owens, Wayne, Welker, Marshall, and Breaston on my auction squad. Assuming Wayne plays this week, would you start Breaston over TO?

Thanks Beaston has been great over the last month. I could see why you would want to play him over Owens. With those receiver, I would think you are in pretty good position in your league. If you are near the top of the standings, I might go with Breaston to play it safe. He is still the third option in the passing game. If you are behind, you might not be able to afford to miss a big game from Owens. Wayne has some problem so he might help you make you desicion easier.

I think Brad Johnson hasn't been very good. The first week it might have been rust. Last week I'm sure Tampa doubled Owens most of the game. This week the Giants will pressure the quarterback. Owens will have his chances to make big plays with one on one coverage.

I think Owens has a higher chance of scoring a TD. Beaston could score, but they probably won't be looking for him at the goal line.

I hope that helps you.

OK GHY-

Here's your question: Does Vince Young have any fantasy value going forward? I know the Titans have been playing well, but can you imagine Vince Young running that Wildcat offense.

[ October 31, 2008, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: CC's Desperados ]

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:58 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:
Hey Shawn, will this kid from Cincy come trick-or-treating at my door today ??

Is this considered child abuse in New Jersey? I don't it's right to dress your kids up to take pictures to post on the message board.

I won't be seeing a check until next week.

[ October 31, 2008, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: CC's Desperados ]

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:04 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
Will you win in Week 10 without Portis and Cooley? More importantly, does it even matter? I think it might not matter for the winner of our match up. Who ever loses might only have a one game lead and you have to play your division one more time. As long as we don't collaspes we are in. I think you have the edge that week, but we have Kevin Smith!! How much do you bid on him? [/QUOTE]K.Smith, if your happy with 8-10 points, than he's your guy. ;) By far my worst pick.

John
[/QUOTE]In that format he is the 22nd ranked player in total points. He might not be a stud, but he is been ok. He is a bye week fill in or injury replacement for that team. I can't complain about what he did last week for me. I think he improves as the season goes on.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:03 am

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by CC's Desperados:

John
[/QUOTE]In that format he is the 22nd ranked player in total points. He might not be a stud, but he is been ok. He is a bye week fill in or injury replacement for that team. I can't complain about what he did last week for me. I think he improves as the season goes on.
[/QUOTE]Agree, on my team K.Smith is good for 8-10 points. On your's more like 25-30. ;)

Keep up the Great start!

John

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:15 am

Shawn,

Sorry forgot in week 15, if I were You I would take out the Big Guy, if you know what I mean. ;)

John

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:27 am

Steve Breaston in the last 4 games has gone for atleast 7 catches and 75 yards a game.And even with Boldin back he catches 9 playing in the slot.Look what Warner did to Carolina the same Carolina who completly shut down the mighty Drew Bree's just the week before.The Card's get the Ram's this week which mean's another big game from that offensive.I would play Breaston foe sure.
My Question' s. Does Hightower get more carries than EDGE this week.
Will Mo Morris have value this year.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:20 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
Shawn,

Sorry forgot in week 15, if I were You I would take out the Big Guy, if you know what I mean. ;)

John hey raiders is this you ?