Is it time for PPR across the board?

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:08 pm

I would not be in favor of a full PPR across the board AND removing 3RR! That would only get us back to a top-heavy situation IMO.

I would absolutely keep 3RR/KDS as that's what makes the NFFC along with 14 team leagues.

I would also ask everyone to keep in mind that there were plenty of people who wtill wanted to be at the front of the draft this year even though they knew the rules in place.

As for 1.5PPR for TEs, I only suggest this to even further diversify the first 3 rounds. Yes, I understand a Gates/Witten/Clark Gonzo would be very valuable then, but why shouldn't they be? Isn't strategy why we play this game? Imagine a first round of 6 WRs, 6RBs, and 2 TEs. This is how you bring even more equality into the event IMO.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

D-Day Heroes

Post by D-Day Heroes » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Originally posted by Just Russ:
I would not be in favor of a full PPR across the board AND removing 3RR! That would only get us back to a top-heavy situation IMO.

I would absolutely keep 3RR/KDS as that's what makes the NFFC along with 14 team leagues.

I would also ask everyone to keep in mind that there were plenty of people who wtill wanted to be at the front of the draft this year even though they knew the rules in place.

As for 1.5PPR for TEs, I only suggest this to even further diversify the first 3 rounds. Yes, I understand a Gates/Witten/Clark Gonzo would be very valuable then, but why shouldn't they be? Isn't strategy why we play this game? Imagine a first round of 6 WRs, 6RBs, and 2 TEs. This is how you bring even more equality into the event IMO. I have to be Honest , I'm not smart enough to fure out how you get there , BUT i am smart enough to know , thats the place I want to be.

A first round with diversived postions like you describe would be Great , IMO :cool:
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Old School

Post by Old School » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:23 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
When the NFFC started with one half point per reception for RB's it balanced out the playing field and made the game much more balanced. I think it was the perfect scoring system.

However, today's NFL game has drastically changed. Teams are predominantly using RBBC with 2 or even 3 RB's sharing the workload. Now it seems that the NFFC is too much about WR's. I'm just wondering if it's time to look at PPR across the board next year?

Thoughts?

Wayne Agree 100% on this change. Right now it's all about WR's. KDS is great-no change. 3RR I can take or leave

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:04 pm

ppr across the board is the way to go.

i don't really like the 4rr rule at all.

just my two cents.

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:08 pm

I would vote to keep 3RR/KDS and 14 team league's.
Perhaps 1 ppr across the board would be ok.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:26 pm

I love the idea of 1PPR for RB's...

I would never touch KDS or 3RR.

Remember how many times teams felt like they were in the holde, immediately, when they pulled a 10 spot, when guys like LT,LJ,S.Alexander were scoring 20 td's a year...EVERYONE would ask for slots #1-3 in their KDS without 3RR, IMO.

But ADD ON THAT 1PPR for the RB'S!!!!
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Mike Costaglio

Post by Mike Costaglio » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:52 pm

Maybe we could make all receptions one pt, passing TDs worth 4 pts, dump KDS, dump 3RR, minimize "D" pts, move to all 12 team leagues, and be just like every other high stakes league. All kidding aside I like that the NFFC is unique.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:20 pm

Speaking of knee-jerk reactions ... I think this thread defined it.

In my 14-teamer, the first round consisted of 8 RBs, 5 WRs, 1 QB.

What all of the RBBCs have created, along with Greg's 0.5pt PPR, is greater balance. But by no means have the top WRs passed the top RBs. It's just that we're used to seeing more imbalance, like 12-13 RBs.

I like the shift toward greater balance - it creates different draft strategies. Do we really need to go back to the old cliche days of get your stud RBs and win the league?

Likewise for 3RR/KDS - I would guess that Greg saw the most balance ever this year with draft preferences, which means 3RR worked better than past years - dare I say it may have worked almost PERFECTLY this season?

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:43 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

What all of the RBBCs have created, along with Greg's 0.5pt PPR, is greater balance. But by no means have the top WRs passed the top RBs. It's just that we're used to seeing more imbalance, like 12-13 RBs.

I like the shift toward greater balance - it creates different draft strategies. Do we really need to go back to the old cliche days of get your stud RBs and win the league?

Likewise for 3RR/KDS - I would guess that Greg saw the most balance ever this year with draft preferences, which means 3RR worked better than past years - dare I say it may have worked almost PERFECTLY this season? Prize winner.

How many times do we have to say it was not a knee jerk reaction to LT?

What 3RR did was level the draft day decision process for all.

No longer could teams 1-3, maybe four script their teams with precision like they use to do. They have to carefully calculate each pick now, just like the rest always have had to do. That's the level field a game operator is looking for.

The best format is 1-14, 14-1, 14-1, 14-1, 1-14, and was proven on FBGuys.com to statistically be the best 14-team model.

All that said, need to move to 1 pt rb ppr and it really has nothing to do with 3rr.

[ September 06, 2009, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: FantasyFactor ]
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Old School

Post by Old School » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:11 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

Likewise for 3RR/KDS - I would guess that Greg saw the most balance ever this year with draft preferences, which means 3RR worked better than past years - dare I say it may have worked almost PERFECTLY this season? Not sure why you call this a "knee-jerk reaction"
I would guess most who advocate 1PPR felt that way before the drafts. NFFC is unique and still would be even if it full PPR was used. After all, "change" is what helped make it unique by instituting new rules as the NFL changed. It will continue to evolve and the NFFC has done a good job of adapting IMHO