Chris Berman's Snide Remark About Fantasy

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:10 am

great cut boobie.these guys dont live in the real world.its all about them. if you dont bet on these games or are in pools or play fantasy do you think prople would watch the 4th quarter of the colts up by 17 over the bills with the line 11.then thow in the score is 30-13 and the over / under is 44. guys like berman are two faced fakes.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

renman

Post by renman » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:37 am

Quahogs is an artist... an absolute artist...

I actually worked for NBC sports with the NFL coverage (studio show) for about 6 years in the late 90's. I also worked directly with Bob Costas and his distain for fantasy sports runs extremely deep. I remember trying to explain to some of these old school media guys that a freight train is coming and they either can get on board or get forced on board. I find it funny now watching these guys be forced to address fantasy sports. I am amazed by how shortsighted some of them can be. Tom makes a great point... who (outside of regional market diehards) would be watching pre season football?

Berman was a lot of fun in 1992... Not so much now...

Bezoar

Post by Bezoar » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:39 am

Hold on guys, you are starting to sound like a bunch of gossipy school girls. "Did you hear what X said about Z".

It's their loss that they don't enjoy what we enjoy with fantasy football. Of course, they are laughing all the way to the bank but that is a different story. What irks me is the way society values entertainment and rewards entertainers rather than those that really make our lives better.

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:51 am

I rememeber watching the first day of ESPN with my dad.He said this station would never "MAKE IT".We were watching curling from 12am to 3am.,but BERMAN and the boys made it happen.Now 2008 I can't stand the ANTICS between stuart scott and the boys.You are absolutely correct.If it wasnt for us DIE HARDS hanging around this ,program would be in trouble..Thank god for DIRECT TV,NFL NETWORK,and SYRIUS RADIO....The ANTICS are up and OUR SHOW will go on...

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:17 am

He is like a QB who doesn't know the game has passed him by.

He is a dinosaur.

I have as much use for him as I do Gumball.

[ August 26, 2008, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: Ted's Cracked Head ]
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:50 am

"thanks Nate, and now for some REAL fantasy"

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:01 am

Originally posted by Bezoar:

It's their loss that they don't enjoy what we enjoy with fantasy football. Of course, they are laughing all the way to the bank but that is a different story. What irks me is the way society values entertainment and rewards entertainers rather than those that really make our lives better. Well that's another discussion entirely.

My point here isn't that they should love us but I do think they can spare us the condescending attitude. If you don't like fantasy sports, that's fine. Nobody is insisting that you do. But if you're in the broadcast industry you need to be aware of who your audience is and I don't think it's smart to spit on a large segment of your audience. You may not like the reason why they're watching you but the bottom line is they are watching you. I'm surprised people like Berman and Costas can't understand the importance of that.

[ August 26, 2008, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:12 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:

2 hours in above's presence and you'll be begging for a losing coin toss from below..

Notice the similarity of the hair styles?
:D
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:04 am

Javier Bardem sprays on his hair, too?