Week 15 Thoughts

Tom Kessenich

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:15 am

Originally posted by Rob B:
I wonder what your thoughts were when he started them? Were you thinking nice move or why would he do that?

I was feeling very good and even more confident. He sat Roddy White and picked up Cribbs. I didn't see Cribbs doing much (and he didn't other than his returns) so I felt good about that move. I thought the Chiefs would score a ton of points on the Browns (which they did) so I was feeling good about that move too.

Take away those two returns and Cribbs and the Browns did exactly what I thought they would do. That's what pains me the most. Two freakish plays from two highly unlikely sources. Unbelievable.

[ December 21, 2009, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Ted's Cracked Head

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:01 am

We can call the plays freakish but that owner picked up Cribbs and that crappy defense for one reason and he was spot on. I doubt very much that many of us would have made that move in week 15 (never occurred to me) and I too would have welcomed that move by my opponent.

Sorry Tom but tell me you don't love this game even more because of this bad-beat? These scenarios are why most of us will never stop playing this darn game. Because we come so close only to have our hopes shattered by some "freakish" play or cluster of performances that seem so unlikely at the time and even moreso in retrospect.

Freakish though? I have to disagree. Two in one game is closer to freakish but I think he has a knack for that aspect of the game. I think he has a skill you cannot teach. Like a QB who feels pressure without seeing it.

No, I am not referring to Jay Cutler. Did anyone else hear Brian Billick said about Cutler yesterday? He called him "Jeff George-esque" for his untapped potential.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Tom Kessenich

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:10 am

Sorry Rob but I think picking up Cribbs and the Browns and hoping to do well is one thing. Getting not one, but two kickoff returns, in the same game is something else entirely. That is 100% freakish. There is no way anyone could have predicted that was going to occur. Cribbs is incredible but two kickoff returns in the same game in the same week when you pick up the Browns defense/special teams is 100% freakish.

Actually, 100% is probably a significant understatement. I give the guy credit. It worked out. But it's tough to overcome someone who has that kind of roll going on. Had I been as smart as him I would've sat Chris Johnson and picked up Cribbs.

Who knew?
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Ted's Cracked Head

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:23 am

Who knew? This is fantasy sports, no one really knows ANYTHING.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Tom Kessenich

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:25 am

No doubt about that.

I could accept one kickoff return. Cribbs is that good. But two? That's the part that slammed me in the gut.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

3INTBOY

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by 3INTBOY » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:46 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Rob B:
I wonder what your thoughts were when he started them? Were you thinking nice move or why would he do that?

I was feeling very good and even more confident. He sat Roddy White and picked up Cribbs. I didn't see Cribbs doing much (and he didn't other than his returns) so I felt good about that move. I thought the Chiefs would score a ton of points on the Browns (which they did) so I was feeling good about that move too.

Take away those two returns and Cribbs and the Browns did exactly what I thought they would do. That's what pains me the most. Two freakish plays from two highly unlikely sources. Unbelievable.
[/QUOTE]Tom, not giving you a hard time at all. But I recommended the Browns D' two weeks ago.
The Chiefs are not a very good special teams coverage unit and Cribbs is a special guy.

The move to sit White for Cribbs? That's a damn ballsy owner with the nerve to say "Something has to give" in a game with two bad teams.
Darrelle Revis has shut down receivers as good or better than Roddy White, and before the game everyone assumed Chris Redman would be throwing to him.

That owner did a damn good job IMO.

3'

[ December 21, 2009, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: 3intboyBFD ]

mikeybok

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by mikeybok » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:12 am

The Tomatoes sat Roddy White this week and will probably sit Wayne next week. I don't see this as a reach of any kind. Anyone who auto played White this late in the game was not paying attention IMO.
Hakuna Matata!

Tom Kessenich

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:16 am

It paid off so he obviously did well. I just wish I would've sat Chris Johnson for Cribbs. That clearly was the Week 15 move to make in my league.

Yeah, I'm bitter.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

3INTBOY

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by 3INTBOY » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:25 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
It paid off so he obviously did well. I just wish I would've sat Chris Johnson for Cribbs. That clearly was the Week 15 move to make in my league.

Yeah, I'm bitter. That is funny man. Sometimes it really does hurt.

Passion...it's a good/bad thing.

3'

mikeybok

Week 15 Thoughts

Post by mikeybok » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:25 am

We lost the $650 Chicago Auction Semifinals by less than 13 because Brady scored 10.45 and our flex Meachem scored 9.3. His QB Rodgers scored 47.35 and his flex Maurice Morris scored 24.6. Yea ... pretty tough to win when Morris hits for 24.6.

I'll join you in the bitter box
Hakuna Matata!