Thoughts & Prayers For Greg's Mom

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:51 am

I pray that your mom has a thorough recovery.

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:56 am

All the best to Greg and his family.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:13 am

I'll be praying for you and your family today Greg.

Wayne

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:27 am

Thanks all. My mom is 83, tough as nails, the most devout Catholic you'd ever meet, and a Saint to everyone she meets. She has lived through a tough accident these last 24 years like no one else and yet she just keeps her faith and keeps living life to the fullest. Sports is what keeps her going as nobody is a bigger sports fan than my mom, who has her TV schedule set around ESPN, the Golf Channel and of course every Packer, Brewers, Bucks or Badgers game. As commissioner of our fantasy football league, she was preparing for our family reunion/league fantasy draft on July 23rd despite her incredible disdain for this lockout. Fantasy football has become the great uniter in our family, bringing six kids from all across the country and twice as many grandkids together each summer for our league draft, with my mom as the commissioner. I made her commish long ago so that everyone had to call her each week with their starting lineups and would stay in touch with her during her down times and now she has embraced the job, learning the Internet enough to even post smack on the message boards!! :D She's something else.

Doctors cleared a blood clot last night and we're all hoping for the best today. She is alert, doing much better and showing signs of movement from the area affected. Knowing her, she will be home in time for our league draft and presiding over the draft while her sons and grandkids drink beer and make toasts to the family's Saint. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts because if there is anyone who believes in the power of prayer it is my go-to-church-every day beloved mother. Thanks.

[ July 08, 2011, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Azzurri

Post by Azzurri » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:46 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Greg's mom had a stroke today so I'd like to ask everyone to keep her in their thoughts and prayers. She's 83 and the stroke was pretty severe but Greg said the doctors got to her early and gave her blood clot medication which helped immediately. He said she's stable but showing improvement. She'll undergo more tests tomorrow but let's all pray that everything goes well and she has a quick recovery. God Bless my prayers are with her and her family.
Pat Tillman is my Hero.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:58 am

Your mom is in my thoughts and prayers Greg. Sounds like she's on her way to recovery - great news.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:44 am

Our thoughts and prayers are with the "Grand Commish" and family.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:45 am

She sounds like one remarkable lady! My prayers go out to her speedy recovery and your family.
Pat Sorge

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:10 am

God bless you are your mother greg.....

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:54 am

Greg - your mom is in my prayers. May God bless her.