Hurricane IKE

Gordon Gekko

Hurricane IKE

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:25 am

If the game can't be played, it looks like zeros for those players.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

pizzatyme

Hurricane IKE

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:28 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
If the game can't be played, it looks like zeros for those players. That's some mighty fine insight! :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Gordon Gekko

Hurricane IKE

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:36 am

Originally posted by UltimateFFCheatsheets:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
If the game can't be played, it looks like zeros for those players. That's some mighty fine insight! :D [/QUOTE]i take it you are the master of "mighty fine insight"

what other remedy is there?

pizzatyme

Hurricane IKE

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:50 am

quote:Originally posted by UltimateFFCheatsheets:
If the game can't be played, it looks like zeros for those players. That's some mighty fine insight! :D [/QUOTE]i take it you are the master of "mighty fine insight"

what other remedy is there?
[/QUOTE]Your comment just struck me as funny.

As for other remedies, I'd say that could give all of my rostered players 30 points each.

Yes, I'd say if the game isn't played, they will be a lot of zeros in the record books. ;)
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Gordon Gekko

Hurricane IKE

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:12 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
..so are there any FF contingency plans being discussed here in the wake of the expected and upcoming Ike barrage?...SNAKE Don't put yourself in a position that requires u to start a texan or raven. Although somehwhat unlikely, u could be getting a zippo this week.

wayne123

Hurricane IKE

Post by wayne123 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:31 am

quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
..so are there any FF contingency plans being discussed here in the wake of the expected and upcoming Ike barrage?...SNAKE Don't put yourself in a position that requires u to start a texan or raven. Although somehwhat unlikely, u could be getting a zippo this week. [/QUOTE]Spoken like a chump without any Ravens or Texans on their team. Obviously, the points would need to count when the game was "made-up". That is how the NFL manages its stats and would expect our stats to count the same.

For the record...I don't have A. Johnson (WR).

Cheers!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

Gordon Gekko

Hurricane IKE

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:33 am

Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
..so are there any FF contingency plans being discussed here in the wake of the expected and upcoming Ike barrage?...SNAKE Don't put yourself in a position that requires u to start a texan or raven. Although somehwhat unlikely, u could be getting a zippo this week. [/QUOTE]Spoken like a chump without any Ravens or Texans on their team. Obviously, the points would need to count when the game was "made-up". That is how the NFL manages its stats and would expect our stats to count the same.

For the record...I don't have A. Johnson (WR).

Cheers!
[/QUOTE]Whoa big boy! I do have a raven on my team. Please refrain from calling other people "chumps". It's bad for the message board and relects badly on you.

Double cheers!

Gordon Gekko

Hurricane IKE

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:36 am

Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
Obviously, the points would need to count when the game was "made-up". So if the game was made up weeks down the road, you would advocate going back and changing wins and losses for applicable teams. Seems like a slippery slope there. Good luck with that one!

williamhare

Hurricane IKE

Post by williamhare » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:53 am

Gordon is right. NFFC should put out a warning that any Ravens or Texans should be inserted in to lineups "Solely at the risk of the Owner". It should be posted right away so Waiver activity remains an option, for those distressed owners, in setting a quality week #2 lineup.
Besides, doesn't STATS have a Wed. cutoff?
Banana peels everywhere on this one.
HMan83