Steve Smith (Carolina) is KILLING his owners!

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:28 pm

Delhomme threw 3 TDs total the last 5 games of 2008.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Old School

Post by Old School » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:05 am

Originally posted by GK:
...simply as an fyi here to this thread - despite the anarchy and chaos surrounding him (specifically Carolina's OL & Delhomme) Steve Smith has now officially redeemed himself and justified his draft slot (as an alternative I was only considering Rowdy Roddy White there and not considering Greg Jennings) - at least in the SNAKEeyes...GK

Steve Smith led the Panthers with seven receptions for 87 yards and a touchdown against the Dolphins in Week 7.

It could have been so much better. Smith was open all night against single coverage, including twice on deep balls, but Jake Delhomme consistently under- or over-threw his playmaker. His leaping 27-yard touchdown was a reminder that he catches in traffic as well as any receiver in the league. Absolutely GK. I've never seen a WR so open on every play. Those who say he's lost a step are nuts. It's all the QB

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:25 am

Steve Smith crushed me earlier in the year but the last 5 week's he been making a small comeback.I HAD Smith ranked 5th at wide reciever even ahead of Wayne and Roddy and drafted him 6 of my 13 leagues.
Last night could have been even bigger as he over threw him on that bomb.You would think with that running game they would use more play action but they dont.How can they not see this.Still i wake up happy this mourning looking at those 22 points on all my Smith teams.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:53 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Steve Smith crushed me earlier in the year but the last 5 week's he been making a small comeback.I HAD Smith ranked 5th at wide reciever even ahead of Wayne and Roddy and drafted him 6 of my 13 leagues.
Last night could have been even bigger as he over threw him on that bomb.You would think with that running game they would use more play action but they dont.How can they not see this.Still i wake up happy this mourning looking at those 22 points on all my Smith teams. We also have SS on both our main event teams.

He dropped in both our drafts ... and we took him in early and mid second round.

If he gets hot now ... he could be a difference maker.
Hakuna Matata!

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:24 am

I have Smith on a few teams as well....was also high on him coming in this year....as I am every year. He's one of my favorite non-Jets.

With that running game & his talents, imagine if he even had a half way decent QB.
He'd be the best WR in football if Brady, Brees, or Manning were throwing him the ball.

Glenn

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:31 am

THAT IS A BIG STRETCH GLENN SAYING HE WOULD BE THE BEST WR'S IN THE GAME.

NO WAY. IT STILL WOULD BE A THREE WAY BATTLE BETWEEN FITZ, MOSS AND JOHNSON.

YES HE WOULD BE BETTER BUT NOT THE BEST.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:34 am

You're probably right....

Which Johnson though.....Andre or Calvin?

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:04 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
THAT IS A BIG STRETCH GLENN SAYING HE WOULD BE THE BEST WR'S IN THE GAME.

NO WAY. IT STILL WOULD BE A THREE WAY BATTLE BETWEEN FITZ, MOSS AND JOHNSON.

YES HE WOULD BE BETTER BUT NOT THE BEST. I don't agree ... if Moss and S Smith switched teams ... Smith would be the top WR ... Moss would return to Raider production (almost undraftable ... worse than SSmith is now ... he would leave his mouth piece every other play)
Hakuna Matata!

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:45 am

Why does Steve Smith need to draw attention to himself after every catch? Is it to show people that he thinks he is still great? Isn't he SUPPOSED to catch the ball? He was so annoying last night.