My Early NFFC RB Rankings Top 15 Flamers welcomed!

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:27 pm

My top 5 RBs right now:

1) LT
2) S Jax
3) Gore
4) Addai
5) LJ

and Henry is a top 10 back for me right now. I set my prefs at 12 knowing he will be there for me when I pick.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:29 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
MJD can not and will not take the pound-down that NFL linebackers, d-linemen and safties will lay on him throughout an entire season...he's not of the same mold as his dimunitive RB predecessors ISHO...plus don't count the always highly motivated Fred Taylor for dead just yet...MJD is a MAJOR bust simply waiting to happen in 2007...

...as for Portis, he's fresh and Betts is nowhere near his skill level ISHO...add that to the way that Gibbs relies on his RB1's historically and you have a RB that is ready to DETONATE in 2007, Betts or no Betts...SNAKE My god am I scared as hell, I agree Snake 100%

3'

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:11 pm

There are a number of RB's that will be drafted in the 1st round that have question marks. Currently my top ten are:

1. LT-not by as wide a margin as many think
2. LJ-close 2nd
3. S Jax-recpts. down to ~50
4. S Alex-assuming foot is 100%
5. C Portis-assuming shoulder is 100%
6. R Bush-12 td's (4th in pt/rec leagues)
7. B Westbrook-has to play at least 14 games
8. R Brown-finally does it 1750 total yds-10 TD's
9. E James-1700 total yds-8 TD's
10. T Henry/Addai/Mcgahee/Rudi-take your choice

Although after the top 3, assuming they stay healthy, its somewhat of a crap shoot. (Yeah, I don't believe Gore will be in top 10, between new offense and health issues)

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:12 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Travis Henry will never make it to 15th if I"m drafting 12th. Tons of upside in Denver and nobody there to split carries with. I'd take him 12th and he has much more upside than several of the backs going ahead of him.

Wayne The password is.........

MIKE BELL

I too like Henry this year, but Shanahan might get his coffee at Starbuck's one Sunday morning with one too many shots of espresso and decide Mike Bell should start that day! :eek:

Seriously, if the stars aren't aligning correctly, you have no idea what that crazy bastage will do! :D

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:34 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Travis Henry will never make it to 15th if I"m drafting 12th. Tons of upside in Denver and nobody there to split carries with. I'd take him 12th and he has much more upside than several of the backs going ahead of him.

Wayne The password is.........

MIKE BELL

I too like Henry this year, but Shanahan might get his coffee at Starbuck's one Sunday morning with one too many shots of espresso and decide Mike Bell should start that day! :eek:

Seriously, if the stars aren't aligning correctly, you have no idea what that crazy bastage will do! :D
[/QUOTE]Right idea...wrong password. Think 2004..think Reuben Droughns.... THINK CECIL SAPP

TURBOUGH

Post by TURBOUGH » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:25 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
There are a number of RB's that will be drafted in the 1st round that have question marks. Currently my top ten are:

1. LT-not by as wide a margin as many think
2. LJ-close 2nd
3. S Jax-recpts. down to ~50
4. S Alex-assuming foot is 100%
5. C Portis-assuming shoulder is 100%
6. R Bush-12 td's (4th in pt/rec leagues)
7. B Westbrook-has to play at least 14 games
8. R Brown-finally does it 1750 total yds-10 TD's
9. E James-1700 total yds-8 TD's
10. T Henry/Addai/Mcgahee/Rudi-take your choice

Although after the top 3, assuming they stay healthy, its somewhat of a crap shoot. (Yeah, I don't believe Gore will be in top 10, between new offense and health issues) This list is very interesting. I think Addai could be as high as #3 for me. Edgerrin James 1700 total yards? I'd love to see that but truly have my doubts.

Top 5 would have to be:

1. L. T.
2. S. Jackson
3. J. Addai
4. R. Bush
5. L. Johnson

Of course, some of this can change as the time gets closer.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:22 pm

Originally posted by TURBOUGH:
quote:This list is very interesting. I think Addai could be as high as #3 for me. Edgerrin James 1700 total yards? I'd love to see that but truly have my doubts.

Top 5 would have to be:

1. L. T.
2. S. Jackson
3. J. Addai
4. R. Bush
5. L. Johnson

Of course, some of this can change as the time gets closer. [/QUOTE]I also like Addai, but at this point unlike Belicheck or Shanahan or many others coaches, I'm taking Dungy more or less at his word; that is, he intends to use Addai in a very similar manner as last year to ensure him being strong for the playoffs. Which, to the extent he can find someone else or even multiple players to take Rhodes's role Addai won't fare much better stsatistically this year than he did last year. Obviously dependent on training camp and the success or failure of these replacements, my opinion could be altered.
As far as James; he had close to 1400 total yards last year averaging less than 3.5 yards per carry. With marginally better lineman, a better line coach and an infinitely better team attitude and the easiest run schedule in the NFL, I believe a per avg. carry of 4.0+ is realistic along with 1700 total yards. Its still early and a lot can change, but its fun to do a preliminary analysis.

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:33 pm

Here's what I've got

1. LT -- by far
2. S Jax --- less catches than last year
3. LJ --- more catches, less rushing yards than last year
4. Addai --- will be a beast. he has no one and i mean no one to split with
5. Alexander --- they'll be back to relying on him
6. Westbrook
7. FWP
8. Gore
9. Henry --- (he's my only good keeper in my the league i run. here's hoping he lives up to this ranking!)
10. Bush ---- should be up about 3 spots in ppr leagues
11. Ronnie Brown
12. Rudi
13. McGahee
14. Maroney
15. Benson --- gotta have a semi sleeper show up somewhere

jbeauch

Post by jbeauch » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:49 pm

I'm liking Portis over MoJO!!

What about Parker as a dark horse for top point scorer this year?