How is Fantasy Football different from Fantasy Baseball ?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:19 am

First.... if you don't like the answer, don't ask the question.

Second..... players who go on the "15 day DL" will miss sometimes miss MONTHS of baseball (4-6 weeks or more) with various injuries.

One TRUE 15 DL stint (and again, many are longer) = 1 missed NFL game.

Put it this way, at one point in time I had SEVEN players on my team (Start 23, 7 on bench) on the DL at the same time. Lots of sprains and strains that cause much missed time throughout the year. Vernon Wells for example has missed TWO 4-6 week sessions this year, which probably equates to 65 games and about 40% of the season, however, he was placed on the "15 day DL" both times.

Take your Main team last year for example which you claimed was "decimated" by injuries. Besides Javon Walker, Ahman Green, and Vernon Davis, did ANYONE of significance miss more than one game???

Injuries are every bit as much of a factor in baseball, and probably more.

That all being said snake, football is FAR more enjoyable for myself, as I have yet to muster up any passion for baseball.

[ August 20, 2008, 06:42 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:05 am

Starting 8 players in football...that one miss has way more impact. (DEF and K excluded)

Baseball has a large enough starting roster (23) to absorb injuries...not to mention the weekend DL moves (Fri-Sun) that also ease the blow.

Just my opinion.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

bmiller

Post by bmiller » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:42 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Starting 8 players in football...that one miss has way more impact. (DEF and K excluded)

Baseball has a large enough starting roster (23) to absorb injuries...not to mention the weekend DL moves (Fri-Sun) that also ease the blow.

Just my opinion.

~Lance 30 Roster spots and 15 teams is exactly why I disagree with your opinion. 450 players are on rosters leaving minimal FA pickup ability. There are more injuries in Baseball, as I have lost 6 of my 12 top picks to the DL including four of my top 6 (2 for the season). I agree a one for one injury comparatively is more impactful in football just by pure numbers, but a baseball team will suffer far more injuries in a season. Try replacing the likes of Carl Crawford with Corey Patterson, I guess I should of had depth, but I do, on the DL, in the likes of Church, Crede, Hafner(who I have since had to drop). In the last week Carlos Lee, Ian Kinsler, and Carl Crawford,(all top 25 players) have been lost for the season and adequate replacements 450 players deep wont be found. Injuries ruin both sports fantasy teams, but try replacing Larry Johnson 450 players deep into free agency.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:53 am

Originally posted by bmiller:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

Just my opinion.

~Lance 30 Roster spots and 15 teams is exactly why I disagree with your opinion. 450 players are on rosters leaving minimal FA pickup ability. There are more injuries in Baseball, as I have lost 6 of my 12 top picks to the DL including four of my top 6 (2 for the season). I agree a one for one injury comparatively is more impactful in football just by pure numbers, but a baseball team will suffer far more injuries in a season. Try replacing the likes of Carl Crawford with Corey Patterson, I guess I should of had depth, but I do, on the DL, in the likes of Church, Crede, Hafner(who I have since had to drop). In the last week Carlos Lee, Ian Kinsler, and Carl Crawford,(all top 25 players) have been lost for the season and adequate replacements 450 players deep wont be found. Injuries ruin both sports fantasy teams, but try replacing Larry Johnson 450 players deep into free agency.
[/QUOTE]Good point Bradley, and it is one of the reasons why I feel the way I do.

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:55 am

All I know is that our baseball team has pissed us off to no end this year. Constant injuries and underperforming. Football can't get here fast enough.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:55 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
First.... if you don't like the answer, don't ask the question.

Second..... players who go on the "15 day DL" will miss sometimes miss MONTHS of baseball (4-6 weeks or more) with various injuries.

Put it this way, at one point in time I had SEVEN players on my team (Start 23, 7 on bench) on the DL at the same time. Lots of sprains and strains that cause much missed time throughout the year. Vernon Wells for example has missed TWO 4-6 week sessions this year, which probably equates to 65 games and about 40% of the season, however, he was placed on the "15 day DL" both times.

Take your Main team last year for example which you claimed was "decimated" by injuries. Besides Javon Walker, Ahman Green, and Vernon Davis, did ANYONE of significance miss more than one game???

Injuries are every bit as much of a factor in baseball, and probably more.

That all being said snake, football is FAR more enjoyable for myself, as I have yet to muster up any passion for baseball. ...tsk, tsk, tsk...you simply can not let a sleepingSNAKE lie, can you?...well, The Serpent will choose not to get involved in this tedious tit for tat exchange with you other than to state factually that you are inaccurately mis-spewing once again in regards to the SNAKEsquad and injuries last season but that's cool...again, for the sake and the sanity of the fellow MB comrades SNAKE will choose not to engage here - perhaps you could learn to do the same?...peace and harmony, Comrade Wazass...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]No tit for tat, snake. I was simply trying to make you understand the whole "baseball injury thing" by comparing it to your 3 significant players who missed more than one game from last year.

Peace and harmony brother, peace and harmony! :D

[ August 20, 2008, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:02 am

I know what you are talking about Billy. We had JRoll go on the "15 day DL" and they couldn't retroactive it because Philly used him as a PH. It cost us like a month with him. Chris Young was on the DL for like 3 months and he is back there now. Lost CJ Wilson for the season, Sheff was on the DL, Mags on the DL, Longoria on the DL, Hudson out for the season. Etc...
2007 NFFC Classic Champion