Seeing Favre In Purple At Lambeau Field

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:46 pm

LoL...Introducing Tom Kessenich. The new chief editor/analyst and writer for SPORTSLINE! Booooooooooooooo!
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:48 pm

Greg,

Mixed emotions indeed. I will tell you watching MNF in the Metrodome 3 weeks ago really hurt watching Favre shred the Packers D. For 16 years, I cheered for him shredding up every other defense in the nfl. Besides "weird", I didn't know how I'd feel watching Packers at Vikings. I remember cheering against each pass and sinking my head with each completion. Then I'd think to myself, Favre still has that something special. I'm happy that Brett is having a good season and continuing to do what he loves to do at a high level. I'll cheer him and clap for him as he takes the field while I watch from home on my tv. But once the game starts, I'll hope every pass he throws falls into the Packers' hands. After the game, I'll continue to remember the many memories he gave Packer fans and feel lucky that he was on my side for 16 years and gave it his all every single week.

On a side note, I was watching a Packers-Bears game in 2006 or 2007 and FOX flashed a stat on the screen listing every single QB to have started a game for each team since 1992. The Bears started 18 different QBs (maybe it was 14 or 21, but you get the picture) during all those years. The Packers started 1. Favre. Just one of those stats that surprises you. Interceptions or not, win or loss, sun or snow, every Sunday you could count on #4 being there.

Have a great Sunday. I'm beyond jealous because I got a taste of Lambeau Field last November and want to go back more than anything. Enjoy.

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:45 pm

This is straight up impressive to see on one page...

http://data.jsonline.com/sports/favre/F ... s.aspx?s=1

Here's an idea, Greg...Scream his middle name...

"LORENZO!!!!!" :D (That name caught me by surprise)

Despite all the haters...he's got a boat load more TD's than INT's, and only had two years where his INT outnumbered his TD's.

His Hall of Fame and still running career holds many NFL records including: most career touchdown passes, most career passing yards, most career pass completions, most consecutive starts, and most career victories as a starting quarterback

Career wins...SH.IT! :rolleyes: He could go 0-16 for the next 4 years and still have a winning career record.

Go Brett!!!

[ October 28, 2009, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:59 am

Greg - are you going to the "Favre Funeral"?

If so, what are you throwing onto the funeral pyre?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:56 am

Well, we did our best to throw him off his game, but nothing gets to Favre. He looked the same as he did for the past 16 years, only much uglier in purple and white!! :D I'll give the guy his due, he's unbelievable when the pressure is on and he can pick apart any zone defense that can't apply pressure.

Favre is still amazing. He is without a doubt the quarterback I like to watch in person more than anyone else. The way he just slides away from pressure a little bit to give himself that extra second of time, the way he sees the blitz coming and fires it off in less than a second from the shotgun. He's just too cagey, too experience, to beat with a good back and a solid offensive line. And he has both in Minnesota.

McCarthy and Capers could not figure him out and they remained stubborn to the bitter end. They couldn't blitz him. They couldn't beat him with the zone. They couldn't stop kicking it to Harvin, because they were too freakin' stubborn. And it cost them.

I dislike Thompson and McCarthy more than I ever did. I'm not sure that's a winning combination. Favre more than proved his point and he proved to everyone that he's still one of the Top 5 QBs in the league. That sonofabitch is tough. And good. And he deserved the win and everything else yesterday. We tried to rattle him, but he beat us fair and square. I'll give that one to him.

But damn was it fun at the old ballpark yesterday!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:58 am

Manning
Brees
Brady
Palmer/Favre/Big Ben

I'd put him in the top 5.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:01 am

Right now I'd rank the top 3 MVP candidates as follows:

1. Peyton
2. Favre
3. Brees

Favre and Brees are very close but while Brees is sensational I think the two keys for the Saints so far this season are a much improved defense and a stronger running game. For the Vikings, it's all about Favre. That's pretty much the exact same team as last season except at QB.

I still give Peyton the vote, though, because he continues to win with half of an offense. As I posted in my Week 8 thoughts thread, the Colts' running game is pretty much non-existent. But Manning still puts up huge numbers and has Indy unbeaten.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

renman

Post by renman » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:14 am

Regardless of where one falls on the like/dislike Favre scale... anyone who appreciates sport or is/was a competitor themselves... has to tip their hat to Favre.

The guy can play and in my opinion has added a good bit to his legacy this season. I heard local sports radio guys arguing with callers saying Favre isn't close to being a top 10 all time QB. With each flawless performance by Favre their position on that point gets less logical. As a Steeler fan I was impressed with how he dealt with the Steeler defense regardless of the flukey turnovers that went the other way for TD's.

The man is an NFL immortal and is adding to it this season.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:16 am

I don't know how anyone can say he isn't close to being a Top 10 all-time QB. He was the first 3-time MVP award winner, he's gone to two Super Bowls, won one and has set several records. It's difficult for me to take anyone seriously who doesn't think Favre is a Top 10 all-time QB. Hell, you could make a strong argument that he's Top 5.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich