Tom & Greg Live Chat: 3 pm ET Today

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:15 am

If anyone wants to mock against me I'll be in the first 12-team league in the NFFC section. Come on in. The draft starts in four minutes.

[ August 11, 2010, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:34 am

Originally posted by FAST MONEY:
What is the average makeup in a (14 team league) of the 9 reserve positions? Everyone does things differently Joe, but don't be surprised if it's close to this for a 19-man roster:

2 QBs
6 RBs
6 WRs
2 TEs
2 Ks
1 D

Hope that helps.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:38 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
Will there be any incentive to sign up for the online championship?

I'm holding out for a signed Jeff George bobble-head. :D We obviously want people to sign up for the Online Championship and I think we do have a lot of incentives in place already that folks don't realize:

3-Pack was available for $950, $100 off

86% payout for the league and overall prizes

Combined standings with your Classic team with $8,000+ in additional prizes

This is a great contest for the players; almost too good. Now if I can find a Jeff George bobblehead around here, I'll add that in!! :D But all I have is a Mike Ditka one over on the shelf.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:01 am

Greg,

It was said by you after the Gamers DC, that the Fanball online leagues ad would be REMOVED from the middle off the page (as the much more useful draft summary could be there instead of having to toggle).

I realize it still might be on the mock site (where I can understand the advertising), but WHY is it still in the "real" draft room??? :confused:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:18 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Greg,

It was said by you after the Gamers DC, that the Fanball online leagues ad would be REMOVED from the middle off the page (as the much more useful draft summary could be there instead of having to toggle).

I realize it still might be on the mock site (where I can understand the advertising), but WHY is it still in the "real" draft room??? :confused: I understand it's a sore spot for some Billy, but that design is all tied into one Flash layout. It just can't be changed quickly for us as the whole site is combined with DraftPractice.com. I know you think it has more symbolism than that, but it doesn't. The Draft Summary tool is very nice -- in fact, all of these tools are very nice -- and I hear the feedback.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:12 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Greg,

I realize it still might be on the mock site (where I can understand the advertising), but WHY is it still in the "real" draft room??? :confused: I understand it's a sore spot for some Billy, but that design is all tied into one Flash layout. It just can't be changed quickly for us as the whole site is combined with DraftPractice.com. I know you think it has more symbolism than that, but it doesn't. The Draft Summary tool is very nice -- in fact, all of these tools are very nice -- and I hear the feedback.
[/QUOTE]...I actually agree with BOTH Billy & Greg here :eek: :eek: :eek: ...GK
[/QUOTE]This has the makings of a very strange fantasy football season!

WAyne

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:25 am

A couple quick technical questions related more towards convenience and fun than critical functionality....

1- As you know, I've been asking about the Live Scoring Toggle in baseball for awhile now. Will it be ready for opening weekend in football? For those of us with multiple teams in the NFFC, I'd hate to go back & forth between the "My Teams" page and each league page when I want to check scoring.

2- In the NFBC, we have the ability to "Order Teams" on our My Teams page. For me, again as a player with multiple NFFC teams, this provides the ability to list my teams by their order of importance to me. Will this be available for football?

3- We were never provided access to add icons to our team pages in the NFBC this year. Will that function be available for football?

Let me know & thanks,
Glenn

[ August 11, 2010, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Glenneration X ]

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:41 am

A couple more critical technical questions....

1- What protections have been put in place to assure that we won't have the issues in FAAB that we've seen in the NFBC this year?

2- Is position eligibility being double checked now to assure that there aren't the arguments and debates I've seen there as well? Will there be or is there a list showing position eligibility that will carry through the season available somewhere for review as there are a number of hybrid type players whose value would increase depending upon how they're listed? Will this list be coordinated with the player listings in the draft software & FAAB to avoid further confusion & incorrect moves?

3- When Fanball ran the back end for the FFOC last year, there was at least one instance that the servers were down for quite some time on Sunday morning and the ability to making final set lineups were affected. What protections have been provided to assure this doesn't happen with the NFFC's back end? Will there be customer service in place on a Sunday morning to assure that if this does occur, we're all not just bombarding you two on your cellphones?

Again thanks,
Glenn