Vincent Jackson Has Not Been Traded

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:35 am

Reports out of San Diego are saying VJax is expected to sit out the season. He's obviously not very happy with the Chargers right now.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

da bears

Post by da bears » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:38 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Reports out of San Diego are saying VJax is expected to sit out the season. He's obviously not very happy with the Chargers right now. Good that makes my decision easy...Bye Bye Vincent Jackson. :D
Bauler Shot Caller

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:39 am

Lets hope there is a season next year or he'll have forgotten how to play :rolleyes:

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:02 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
The Vikings tried to get the deal done. They made in my opinion a very good offer. Smith decided to take less value than make the deal to trade a player he does not want and does not want to play for his team. I don't blame the Vikings here. Yep ... 6 mil and a 2nd round pick plus a contingent seems like a lot for 3/4 of a season.

Next year they will have Harvin, Rice and Camarillo in the slot which is fine as I am a Camarillo fan. The only reason they reached out to VJ was Favre. It was easy to give up the 6 mil, hard to give up the draft picks (which is the part Smith had control over).

I am OK with the way things lie. I think we can still win it all with what we got if Rice comes back and they let Camarillo play. I also believe in Santa Clause.

This year is still better WITH Favre.
Hakuna Matata!

SS

Post by SS » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:22 pm

Tom, considering how bad the Vikings need a deep threat why didn't they just cave in and give them 2 second rounders?
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

kingraiders

Post by kingraiders » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:05 pm

VJax is an idiot, I feel no sympathy for him, he got precisely what he deserved. Then again, I'm in the camp that's disappointed the Jets caved in to Revis. With the potential lockout looming VJax is willing to sit out this season in prime of his career, because the millions he could've made for playing a game weren't enough for his greedy ass. Makes me think of the idiot DB for the Bears that decided to sit out the '85 season (great call!). Sure AJ's stance is overly rigid & it's rather remarkable that ownership allows him to be so spiteful with a team that is looking to challenge for a title. But in this day & age, I'll applaud him. If I were a Charger fan I may feel different however.

Besides, I feel better about my S.Rice pick now. Get healthy Sid! :D

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:09 pm

I'm pissed, I draft VJax late expecting to have him soon, but just speculating here- maybe there was some league or owners' pressure given to the Chargers GM to not cave in to the players demands. To not set a precedent.

The league doesn't want players copying this strategy to get a better contract in the middle of a season.
-Durant/GWallace/Millsap/Ibaka ride it
http://kielinski.blogspot.com/

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:57 am

I think a 2nd rounder and a multi-million dollar contract is too much to give to a guy who is one (1) DWI away from being suspended for a year.

Poorly played on V-Jax's part. As they say in poker, he had no business being in this hand and is now looking for a straight on the river. :(
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

SS

Post by SS » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:01 am

Well, I will have to at least keep V Jax on my roster until the trade deadline, just in case something happens. After that see ya...
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

abruski17

Post by abruski17 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:52 pm

Originally posted by Unintelligent Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
I thought the deal was a good one for both Jackson and the Vikings.

Interesting how Jackson fell from 5 year 50 mil with 30 mil guaranteed, to 6 mil one year.

I think other players will understand that SD is not a team to play hardball with during negotiations. That alone is worth the change in draft pick IMO. Smith is also human and it appears he took this personal as well. Again ... this will pay off for him in future negotiations.

That reputation is how you get Chris Johnson to sign for 3.2 million instead of a hold out.

It's really to bad ... the Vikings could have really used VJ. VJ should fire his agent. His agent over played his hand from the get go and then obviously pissed off the one man who could veto any deal he made. The flip side of this is that free agents, agents, and other GMs won't want to deal with this guy, and that in its own is worth dealing away V-Jax, too.

I think it's safe to assume a strong, but sensible approach is best, and when you're a laughingstock among all league insiders it's safe to assume it's not the first time he's screwed the pooch this hard.