Week 16 Thoughts

Old School

Week 16 Thoughts

Post by Old School » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:24 am

Personally I can't see why the Bengals would play any starters unless it meant home field . It's very difficult to beat a team 2 weeks in a row. The Jets have to play their starters
and the Bengals can learn from the game.

Another week 16 thought has been a thought for the past 3 months. Why the Panthers are offering to keep John Fox? He stuck with Delhomme all season and cost the Panthers a playoff spot . All us Steve Smith owners would have been much happier all season with Moore or anybody. A few more points from Smith would have made the BIG diff!

Tom Kessenich

Week 16 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:46 am

I really want to root for the Bengals because they have been so bad for so long but I agree with Rodney Harrison that they are a fraud. A quality team doesn't struggle against bad teams the way the Bengals have. They should have pounded the hell out of the Chiefs yesterday. Instead, they barely escaped with a win.

At home.

They look like one of the worst teams in the playoffs to me. The only team I think could be more of a fraud is the Jets. They have no business being in the playoffs but they'll likely waltz in thanks to one team quitting on them and another treating the finale like a preseason game.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

sportsbettingman

Week 16 Thoughts

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:58 am

I think the fraud is the entire AFC North...watching how the AFC West who most considered the doormat of the entire NFL pre-season, pretty much held their own to beat the North overall.
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

pizzatyme

Week 16 Thoughts

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:08 am

Tom, good stuff as usual. Funny that you perpetuate the "skill versus luck" debate with your initial Jets rant.

The Colts brass quit on the players, fans, and city! Nothing short of a SB win will make this okay in this fan's eyes!

They have to change the rule regarding a QB throwing a ball with his whole body over the line.

Same goes for the whole getting hit after making a catch and basically having to stand up and hand the ball to the Ref. You can be in control of a ball moving in your posession. Just ask a juggler.

Thanks for the nice read throughout the season.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Tom Kessenich

Week 16 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:19 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
Tom, good stuff as usual. Funny that you perpetuate the "skill versus luck" debate with your initial Jets rant.
I didn't think anyone would notice.

I don't think there's any question that luck factors into both sports and fantasy sports. The question is how much luck? In fantasy sports, you can start the right player (like DeAngelo Williams last week, for example) and watch him get hurt early in the game and you get zip. That's bad luck. It happens.

I think the Jets are benefiting greatly from good luck. They are not a deserving playoff team in my opinion and I think it's a matter of good luck that they will likely make the playoffs.

However, I don't think their playoff trip lasts very long. That's where skill will enter the equation.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

3INTBOY

Week 16 Thoughts

Post by 3INTBOY » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:38 pm

If the Jets aren't a deserving FB team. Who is?

The Dolphins? The Texans? The Ravens? The Jags?

The saying goes "You are what your record says you are".

No different than the Colts winning against an easier schedule, the Jets are a playoff team if they win. They deserve it like any of the others, if they had lost a game along the way then these last two weeks would have been meaningless, but they are important because they won enough to make them important...(read that thre times!)..

And the Bengals are IMO the 2nd best team in the AFC playoffs. They played the Chargers to a near tie in SD and beat both the Steelers and Ravens TWICE.Cincy plays solid run D', excellent pass D' and can run the ball themselves.

Not sure how any of that makes the Bengals a fraud.

3'

Sandman62

Week 16 Thoughts

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:04 pm

Maybe CIN's a fraud because of THESE games, in which they either should've won or blown away their opponents?

CIN 23 @ CLE 20
HOU 28 @ CIN 17
CIN 17 @ OAK 20
CLE 7 @ CIN 16
DET 13 @ CIN 23
CIN 10 @ MIN 30
KC 10 @ CIN 17

BillyWaz

Week 16 Thoughts

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:10 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
I think the fraud is the entire AFC North...watching how the AFC West who most considered the doormat of the entire NFL pre-season, pretty much held their own to beat the North overall. Yet two of San Diego's three losses came against Baltimore and Pittsburgh. :confused:

San Diego is better than any team in the AFC North (maybe best in the AFC) However, I would EASILY take Cincinnati, Baltimore, AND Pittsburgh over Denver ANY day!

And Cleveland beat the other two doormats of the AFC West the past two weeks.

I'm so embarassed as a Steelers fan we lost to Kansas City, Oakland, AND Cleveland!

Shrink Attack

Week 16 Thoughts

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:16 pm

Originally posted by Old School:
Personally I can't see why the Bengals would play any starters unless it meant home field . It's very difficult to beat a team 2 weeks in a row. The Jets have to play their starters
and the Bengals can learn from the game.

That's actually a good point.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven