Rev up the Saints!!!!!

rkulaski

Rev up the Saints!!!!!

Post by rkulaski » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:17 am

I'm excited too about getting Colston back in my 2 satellites.

For Saints receivers, I think I'd rather have Moore than Patten right now and maybe even more than Henderson. If Deuce gets more carries this week (and he should vs Oakland), that's less balls thrown to WRs and I think Henderson, Moore, and Patten all have minimal value the rest of the way except for the occasional big game. As for Meachem, time to drop him.

GOD Loves You

Rev up the Saints!!!!!

Post by GOD Loves You » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:55 am

In my mind, the return of Colston actually helps Moore/Patten(whomever is starting).

Who commanded double teams or the rotating of a man over top with Colston out.....Meachem? Nobody did.

With Colston back and Shockey(for a quarter or 2-3 games) it should open up things underneath for the little guys....as well as more recepctions for Bush :( . Doubling Colston and paying attention to the TE will give the others a chance to make a play. I'm not a fan of "Mr. Go-route" Meachem, but I think his value might go up as well.

There's no way I would drop Moore, but I definitely wouldn't be counting on him either....except in a DC league.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Inf4life

Rev up the Saints!!!!!

Post by Inf4life » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:00 am

Well considering that Moore played last year with all those guys healthy and only tallied 32 receptions I don't think it will be opening all that much for him. If anything it will boost Reggie's production. He should end up with over a 100 receptions this year.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

Bodie

Rev up the Saints!!!!!

Post by Bodie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:10 pm

Meachem is in a numbers crunch right now, but if any of you guys watched the game on Mon. night, he had Antoine Winfield on him most if not all of the time. That should tell you something about who the defense wanted to stop. IMO once Colston comes back, I would rotate Henderson/Meachem across him and keep Moore in the slot with a little of Patten mixed in.

renman

Rev up the Saints!!!!!

Post by renman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:37 pm

I personally avoided all Saint position players this year for this exact reason. With so many weapons you never have any idea who is going to have the big game. The Saints can score 35 and Colston or Bush could score 6 points.

Hammerheads

Rev up the Saints!!!!!

Post by Hammerheads » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:02 pm

Everything will open back up for Bush. Amen

GOD Loves You

Rev up the Saints!!!!!

Post by GOD Loves You » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:22 pm

Originally posted by Go Getta:
Well considering that Moore played last year with all those guys healthy and only tallied 32 receptions I don't think it will be opening all that much for him. If anything it will boost Reggie's production. He should end up with over a 100 receptions this year. I agreed with the Bush sentiment, but.....last year was last year. It's a different season now. Moore didn't play as much last year as he was/is going to play this season.

Look at last seasons stats from the guy(Patten) that Moore is replacing....54 receptions. He should easily exceed this as their slot guy. Of course he will be just like Patten; 2/29 one game, only to follow it up with a 10/120.

Plus, if you subscribe to the 3rd year WR theory......

Over/under on receptions for Moore the rest of the season??
I'll set it at 50.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

rkulaski

Rev up the Saints!!!!!

Post by rkulaski » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:46 pm

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
In my mind, the return of Colston actually helps Moore/Patten(whomever is starting).

Who commanded double teams or the rotating of a man over top with Colston out.....Meachem? Nobody did.

With Colston back and Shockey(for a quarter or 2-3 games) it should open up things underneath for the little guys....as well as more recepctions for Bush :( . Doubling Colston and paying attention to the TE will give the others a chance to make a play. I'm not a fan of "Mr. Go-route" Meachem, but I think his value might go up as well.

There's no way I would drop Moore, but I definitely wouldn't be counting on him either....except in a DC league. Good points GLY although Moore did have a huge game without either Colston or Shockey 2 wks ago... oh wait do the 49ers count as a NFL defense? Hard to believe R Bush could even see more receptions underneath once the Saints are back to full strength. On MNF, he finished with 7 catches but if I remember, all of them were in the 1st half. If he wouldn't have ran back 2 punts for tds, the Saints offense would've been on the field more and he surely would've finished with at least 10 catches.

bald is beautiful

Rev up the Saints!!!!!

Post by bald is beautiful » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:52 pm

Originally posted by Go Getta:
Well considering that Moore played last year with all those guys healthy and only tallied 32 receptions I don't think it will be opening all that much for him. If anything it will boost Reggie's production. He should end up with over a 100 receptions this year. Like GLY said, last year was last year. From what I've read, Moore may be taking over Patten's spot in the lineup.

Hammerheads

Rev up the Saints!!!!!

Post by Hammerheads » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:26 pm

What I was saying was the feild will open up for Bush again and his yards will increase but yes those returns hurt his numbers for the game.