The Dilemma/Chess Match and what would you do?

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:17 am

Hard to say specifically what to do without seeing the whole picture.

Generally ... you need to do what is best for your team that gives your team the best chance of winning the overall event. I doubt there will be a lot of difference makers available in the next couple weeks. If you have some depth at the other positions I would consider blocking him by outbidding him on Carr.

Playing the game to win (within the rules) is what we all expect others to do. It's a good game move if it makes sense for your team.
Hakuna Matata!

Old School

Post by Old School » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:53 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Strike first.
Strike hard.
No mercy. Well, I know you're not playing KOQ this week

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:57 pm

in this wacky season if you get kitna he will get 9 pts and if you dont get him he will get 35 pts. this you can count on. :D
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:24 pm

How is your teams depth? This is week 8 and we have two more bye weeks to navigate. Are you set for those weeks or will you have needs to address requiring funds?

How far into the middle of the pack are you? Points and H2H? You stated you have five weeks left, knowing how close you are would be a factor in the decision too. Are you 1, 2 or 3 games out of the H2H?

How does your team stack up against the other teams starters this week, of course assuming he will have a QB to play? Is either of your teams weakened by the byes? If you are strong and he is weakened, that needs to be considered. If you are weakened, the decision is made easier.

Have you considered that other teams may be thinking the same thing? Maybe another team or two in your league will notice his lack of QB or have the need for a backup and may target Kitna too? I know we cannot rely on what others may or may not do but this is more than likely considering the number of dinged and shitty qbs.

How do your current funds stack up vs the rest of the league, especially the teams ahead of you?

Lots to consider.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King