Calling out the quitters ...

renman

Post by renman » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:08 am

This issue comes up every single year and I still believe intelligent fantasy football minds, on this forum, can come up with a better way to deal with it.

Nothing soils a fantays football league like a team that quits and provides free wins to the teams who were lucky enough to catch them later in the season after they quit. With the technology we have today, I have to believe there is a way to insert a viable replacement that is on said teams bench. There would be black/white rules on this... it has been discussed in other threads in more detail.

It is a worthy discussion to have until the day comes we come up with a way to do something about it. We may never be able to fix it perfectly.. but we can definatey make the problem less of a problem.

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:03 am

This happens X times every season....not sure what the operators can do.....BUT if you have one of these teams in your league, have EVERY other team in the league send them an email about it and at least get some satisfaction points that way.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:17 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
This happens X times every season....not sure what the operators can do.....BUT if you have one of these teams in your league, have EVERY other team in the league send them an email about it and at least get some satisfaction points that way. Perry, in the Steve Sax case above, the damage has been done. If Sax starts setting his lineup going forward it just increases the advantage that he already has handed that team.

This is why I advocated having all-play at the end of the season rather than the beginning for 12 tm lges. Changing it to the first 2 games was one of the NFFC's worst decisions ever, as we will see over the final 2 weeks.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:21 am

I don't think there is any way to weed out the quitters and honestly, do we really want to? Most of them probaby work just as hard preparing as they do once their teams out of contention.

Over time each of us will benefit from the quitters the same amount as we are hurt by them. I have yet to see anyone come on the boards complaining about winning a game they shouldn't have won because somebody quit on their team. Send them a nice email asking them to remember to submit lineups but let's keep them in the leagues. There is no reason to make any changes here.

Wayne

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:17 am

I agree with Wayne. They paid their money. Let them do what hey want with their team (short of collusion).

To put the All-play at the end of the season means there is zero chance to catch the leaders in H2H at the end of the year.

To put players in arbitrarily means we're playing best ball. Plus, it still doesn't help when a team is decimated by injuries and there is noone to put into the lineup.

I vote to leave it as is.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:34 am

I am in last place in my league and headed for a 1-7 record unless I get 42 tonight from Jenkins, Moore, and Shockey. (So maybe I'll get to 2-6 LOL) It's only a $125 league but in my opinion you keep at it until the final bell sounds. It only takes 5 minutes a week to set the lineup. And those in the high stakes leagues have NO excuse not to keep managing their team, considering the $$$ they spent.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne