STATS Update: Game Site Is Ready

DIESEL02

Post by DIESEL02 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:10 am

Black Reign I like your point it does benefit those who don't have injured players....Team Diesel intends to draft ALL injury free players so that won't happen to us...lol...
Anyhow ...as I give my point from a commish of many low stakes fantasy sports..that's what a bench is for and the owner still has the right to change their lineup five minutes before game time...
But I'll also toot Gekko's horn...being on the right (East) coast , the left coast might be sipping on some lattes at Friday lunch and miss some important player news...
I'm all for bumping it up to 700pm est on Friday or Saturday..all practices are over and most of the player news is out there....but whatever Dictator Greg says...I mean...Commish Greg says I'm fine with...lol
"Fortis fortuna adiuvat"-"Fortune favors the brave"

khandy29

Post by khandy29 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:54 am

Biggest thing is being that you have only $1,000 to use for free agents so you want to wait as long as possible before deciding on who to spend that money on because money is hard to come by these days...

lichtman

Post by lichtman » Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:59 am

I actually think it is much harder (and requires more work to be a good owner) if it is earlier in the week. There are many times when I have had an idea for a pickup on Sunday night that is a few days ahead of all the "experts" I play against -- but by the time pickups roll around later in the week everyone knows about it. What benefit do you get from doing the hard work if everyone gets to hang back until Saturday and read all the websites!
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

khandy29

Post by khandy29 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:08 am

No matter how good an owner you are you cant deduce on Tuesday whether or not a players threshhold for pain will allow him to play on Sunday unless you got every NFL players cell number and have it going on like that...

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:22 am

I'm not saying I'm right and others are wrong. I'm saying there is a different school of thought out there. Having a website FAAB deadline of Sat at 7pm is certainly reasonable. The only arguement I'm hearing why not to do it, is because people may have plans on the weekend. Hey, they can still get their FAAB bids in on Friday. They won't get shut out. I hope owners who like as much information as possible before submitting their bids don't take it up the *** due to some owners going on vacation to Florida. This is a NATIONAL championship gentlemen. It's not Yahoo.

A later FAAB timeline enables owners to:
possibly hear some breaking news,
possibly hear updates on injured players

To play the devil's advocate again...
What about people who are at work on Friday that don't Internet access? I guess they have to put their FAAB in Friday morning or Thursday night?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:27 am

Originally posted by DIESEL02:
But I'll also toot Gekko's horn...being on the right (East) coast , the left coast might be sipping on some lattes at Friday lunch and miss some important player news...
I'm all for bumping it up to 700pm est on Friday or Saturday..all practices are over and most of the player news is out there....but whatever Dictator Greg says...I mean...Commish Greg says I'm fine with...lol Nice show! Even 7pm on Friday is an improvement. Keep it going!
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

JB

Post by JB » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:45 am

Let's compromise and have it @ 9pm Friday EST.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:58 am

Dictator Ambrosius continues to listen. I'm open to fairness and then will talk with STATS to make sure someone is available to run the free agent reports whenever our deadline is established. We have to make it at a time when they can do this and they've gone the extra yard in baseball to make sure staff members are there each Sunday night.

But keep the suggestions coming and we'll come to a compromise that is good for everyone. I'll likely poll the full audience before finalizing anything by Draft Day.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:05 am

Of course, Thursday games could mess up some of this... not having torn apart the rules, I'm sure there is some way to deal with the Thanksgiving day game, etc?

I'm going to get crazy here... but, what if we had a Tuesday FAAB clear at 8pm and another one Saturday at 8pm.

Crazy talk... TWO waiver timeframes each week? Nevermind, I'm going to go back and smoke my pipe.

I can see both sides - don't care which way it ends up. I guess I'd rather have more time to deliberate which suggests Saturday evening, but I can cope with whatever is determined.

Catch ya later.

Dave
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

JB

Post by JB » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:14 am

I proposed doing 2 FAAB times last year in the WCOFF and again this year and got shot down both times. I thought one on Wed. night and one on Sat. was perfect but I don't know if it's possible. It allows teams to pick up players on Sat. that were dropped on Wed. And if your kicker falls down the stairs Sat. morning you don't get screwed. It would add an extra dimension to the bidding...