Who is your team ,And how they doing?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:20 am

Originally posted by nnoy:
Main event: Money in the Bank 0-5, 506.7 points (14th in league, 198th overall)
Auction: Drafthelp.com Bus Drivers 2-3, 674.8 points (most points in league, 5th highest overall)
Draft Champions: Drafthelp.com Easy Money 715.8 points (4th in league, 9th overall)

Take a guess which team has Deuce and S. Davis? That is bad luck, but taking Stephen Davis at that spot doesn't make sense to me. I have ALWAYS said Davis was overrated, and even now that he is the clear-cut #1 RB he still won't do well. The guy in my league took him at pick 2.06, and I thought to myself, "well this guy is already out of it!"

[ October 14, 2004, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:41 am

To answer the question, I am 4-1, 688 points (Pocket Aces). Was dealt my first loss (actually a pummeling) last week to Jones Falls Terrace.

Best of luck to everyone I don't happen to be playimg that week! :D

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:51 am

Originally posted by Primo:
Good luck to all, and enjoy my contribution. I'll be better next yearIn case you need a pep talk...You paid big $ to get in this league, you're angry about injuries (Heap, S.Moss, Fargas), pissed about underperformers (Rudi & Rod), and mad about wasting FA $ (Henry & Jolley). Teams are piling up 170-180 pts a week, while your team is limping in! Trust me, you are not alone. MANY teams are in the same situation. I had a 90 pt week last week. Everything can come together. Two weeks of 170 pts and you are back in it.

OK, here's your motivation (not just you, but anyone). I've waited all my life for this (high stakes FF). I've worked, slaved, read countless fantasy magazines, spent hundreds of hours running projections and even more time researching players to even have this opportunity, and I don't intend to give up on it now. Jimmy V - Don't give up, don't ever give up.

THAT'S YOUR MOTIVATION!

[ October 14, 2004, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

mrx

Post by mrx » Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:01 pm

Four Perps in LV4 have managed to go 1-4 with Manning, Bruce, and Gates - next year instead of filling out our roster with Bengals we'll try using more Cardinals.
Calhooooooooooooun
2007 NFFC 7-6
2006 NFFC 4-9 (rebuilding year)

www.myspace.com/karchadonis

lichtman

Post by lichtman » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:33 pm

My fantasy football team is 5-0 with 845 points. I got lucky drafting Priest, Terrell Owens, Tiki Barber, Eric Johnson, Culpepper, Andre Johnson and Randy Moss.

And oh what a fantasy it is.

However, my NFFC tea, (Kate & Halle in NY6) is 4-1 with 650 points. Not too bad, considering the following last-minute picks: Deuce over Shaun and Jerry Porter over McNabb. On that McNabb non-pick, all I have to say is that I'll never use the Rush Limbaugh cheatsheet again.
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:38 pm

Originally posted by I Cojones:
My fantasy football team is 5-0 with 845 points. I got lucky drafting Priest, Terrell Owens, Tiki Barber, Eric Johnson, Culpepper, Andre Johnson and Randy Moss.

However, my NFFC tea, (Kate & Halle in NY6) is 4-1 with 650 points. Not too bad, considering the following last-minute picks: Deuce over Shaun and Jerry Porter over McNabb. On that McNabb non-pick, all I have to say is that I'll never use the Rush Limbaugh cheatsheet again. BTW- it was Ico Jones who talked me out of those two players!!

:mad: :mad:
:mad:
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:56 pm

Originally posted by Liquid Empire:
quote:Originally posted by I Cojones:

However, my NFFC tea, (Kate & Halle in NY6) is 4-1 with 650 points. Not too bad, considering the following last-minute picks: Deuce over Shaun and Jerry Porter over McNabb. On that McNabb non-pick, all I have to say is that I'll never use the Rush Limbaugh cheatsheet again. BTW- it was Ico Jones who talked me out of those two players!!

:mad: :mad:
:mad:
[/QUOTE]Didn't he also almost cost you a win in Week 3 because if he was a minute earlier, he would have started Rashard Lee over Richie Anderson and cost you a win?

I'd fire his a$$! ;)

lichtman

Post by lichtman » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:22 pm

Can't take any heat for that one -- I was Richie all the way.

And Liquid fails to mention that I dreamed of Curtis Martin over Chad Johnson with pick 25.

Not to dump on my buddy Liquid too much, but it was also his brilliant idea to spend $1 on Jeb Putzier in week 2. What a disaster that has been.

[ October 15, 2004, 05:22 AM: Message edited by: I Cojones ]
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

khandy29

Post by khandy29 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:20 am

Cojones, what league did u draft in b/c i have no idea how you got Priest who i am sure was the 1st or 2nd pick in your draft and then a Moss and Culpepper. did they slip down to the end of the 2nd round and the beginning of the 3rd round?? and then Terrell Owens was a 4th round pick and Tiki a 5th rounder and Andre Johnson a 6th rounder??

lichtman

Post by lichtman » Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:23 am

Reign -- that is my "fantasy" fantasy football team. No such luck here on planet Earth!