+++++NFFC Main Primetime Teams+++++

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:07 am

Originally posted by Renman:
I am not sure why we post teams since very seldom does anyone comment on a team that was posted...lol That is true Renman! It's hard to glance at a team and make any kind of constructive comment without seeing the entire draft. Most teams look pretty good and it's just a matter of having the players ranked similiar to the person who posted their team or not. Sometimes I get better teams because of what falls to me while other times I do everything right (at least in my own mind) and either the value doesn't happen or the draft changes courses and what you expect to be there isn't.

I have a couple of friends that critque each others drafts pick by pick based on who we chose verses who we passed on at any given pick. Now that is great information to have and it offers a lot of perspective on how to set up a team during the draft.

I have posted teams here in the past and either nobody has anything to say or my favorite is "nice team except so and so is an injury risk." This is the nfl and I would love to see a list of who isn't an injury risk - especially at RB. Some RB's have just been luckier than others.

In regards to your team - the first 2-3 rounds of picks all look good to me. I may have some in slightly different orders than others here but there isn't anybody I wouldn't take with the right value. The real question on your team (for me anyways) is how do I feel about Percy Harvin and Eddie Royal. If I think they step up in a huge way then I love the team, if not then I wouldn't be that excited about it. That really wasn't very helpful was it... :D

Good luck this year!

Wayne

kingraiders

Post by kingraiders » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:08 am

Chicago League 2 from the 6 spot

Flacco, Cassel, JCampbell
R.Rice, PThomas, JBest, Slaton
BMarshall, Boldin, SMoss, DHester, Burleson
ZMiller, Shiancoe
SF

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:14 am

Originally posted by kingraiders:

ZMiller, Shiancoe
SF Bob,

I went back through your draft this morning and I thought you did a very nice job with this draft. You had great values fall to you such as Rice at 1.6, Marshall at 2.7, Best at 5.7, and Moss at 7.7. Each time the value was there you took advantage of it and made the best pick. You hit the last player on the tier (at least by my rankings) several times so that represents excellent value.

To critique it a bit, I personally would have grabbed McGahee in the 11th to back up Rice instead of a D. I also might have taken ARomshodu over Hester but I was thankful to get ARomashodu! :D All in all I thought it was a very good draft for you and when I ranked the teams this morning I had your team in the top 4 in the leauge.

Wayne

kingraiders

Post by kingraiders » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:26 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
quote:Originally posted by kingraiders:

ZMiller, Shiancoe
SF Bob,

I went back through your draft this morning and I thought you did a very nice job with this draft. You had great values fall to you such as Rice at 1.6, Marshall at 2.7, Best at 5.7, and Moss at 7.7. Each time the value was there you took advantage of it and made the best pick. You hit the last player on the tier (at least by my rankings) several times so that represents excellent value.

To critique it a bit, I personally would have grabbed McGahee in the 11th to back up Rice instead of a D. I also might have taken ARomshodu over Hester but I was thankful to get ARomashodu! :D All in all I thought it was a very good draft for you and when I ranked the teams this morning I had your team in the top 4 in the leauge.

Wayne
[/QUOTE]Thanks Wayne, it was good to meet you. In all the prep, I wouldn't even have imagined Rice at 6, as #8 w/ Gore I imagine. It was an interesting draft, with some interesting picks along the way. I'm really high on JBest & was very happy that he kicked back to me. McGahee would've been nice, but he went higher than I expected. I figure getting Slaton in 13th made up for it.

You guys had a real solid draft, I really was hoping for McCluster before you guys nabbed hm 3 picks before me. Alot of guys on your squad that I really like. Should be a fun year. G'luck!

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:08 am

..can't post my Classic team yet as I have The Super draft coming up in 5 minutes ...GK Like anybody in that league gives 2 shitts who you or anyone else wants. They paid $2500 and are waiting to see who YOU covet? Seriously.

You are a funny little reptile and I wish you the best of luck this year.

The team you posted above, only after being goated into it, is a solid team. Nicely done.

Note: In the future, it is probably best to offer up your team off the git-go when soliciting others to do so. Call it board etiquette or whatever you want but most of us call it lame to do otherwise.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

renman

Post by renman » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:38 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
quote:Originally posted by Renman:
I am not sure why we post teams since very seldom does anyone comment on a team that was posted...lol That is true Renman! It's hard to glance at a team and make any kind of constructive comment without seeing the entire draft. Most teams look pretty good and it's just a matter of having the players ranked similiar to the person who posted their team or not. Sometimes I get better teams because of what falls to me while other times I do everything right (at least in my own mind) and either the value doesn't happen or the draft changes courses and what you expect to be there isn't.

I have a couple of friends that critque each others drafts pick by pick based on who we chose verses who we passed on at any given pick. Now that is great information to have and it offers a lot of perspective on how to set up a team during the draft.

I have posted teams here in the past and either nobody has anything to say or my favorite is "nice team except so and so is an injury risk." This is the nfl and I would love to see a list of who isn't an injury risk - especially at RB. Some RB's have just been luckier than others.

In regards to your team - the first 2-3 rounds of picks all look good to me. I may have some in slightly different orders than others here but there isn't anybody I wouldn't take with the right value. The real question on your team (for me anyways) is how do I feel about Percy Harvin and Eddie Royal. If I think they step up in a huge way then I love the team, if not then I wouldn't be that excited about it. That really wasn't very helpful was it... :D

Good luck this year!

Wayne
[/QUOTE]Wayne,

Now that is the kind of conversational stuff that would make posting teams more fun. I appreciate the feedback. I went into the draft looking to attack WR's early but the one I targeted was gone and I didn't want to reach for one I was lukewarm on (as a first round pick) so I took the RB I like (even though so many seem down on him).

I agree with you about guys like Royal and Harvin. I believe Royal is going to be a solid PPR wr in an offense that seems to be very much in sync, though no dynamic vertically. I think Harvin has huge talent and the loss of Rice leaves a hole. His headaches are an obvious risk. I actually like a couple of my other WR's that most people would be down on.

That is what makes this so much fun. We all have our opinions and assumnig health is reasonable, we will find out soon enough who was right.

How did your draft go?

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:48 pm

My draft went okay. I waited at Qb a bit too long and paid a price so it could have been better. Three teams doubled up at Qb in the 9th so it cost me the guys I was targeting but oh well. Maybe I'll get lucky with someone the breaks out.

Wayne

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:18 pm

Originally posted by GK:
...okay Mike, here's the SNAKEsquad's Primetime Team;

Jay Cutler
Michael Turner
Arian Foster
Greg Jennings
Dwayne Bowe
Mike Simms-Walker
Zach Mller
Reggie Bush
Redskins
Rob Brionas

Jason Campbell
Brandon Jacobs
Willis Mcgahee
Johnatan Dwyer
Bernard Berrian
Laurent Robinson
Braylon Edwards
Danny Amendola

...can't post my Classic team yet as I have The Super draft coming up in 5 minutes ...GK Nice job Glenn. We have a lot of similar players in Primetime: Cutler, Turner and Miller. I like Bowe a lot this year but haven't landed him for value. Bush too, though we got him once. Nice bench too.

This team's starting 8 position players would rank 4th in our league by my projections. Good luck this year.

[ September 05, 2010, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:25 pm

NFFC - Primetime - Buffalo - 12th pick

QB - Drew Brees
RB - Michael Turner
RB - Ahmad Bradshaw
WR - Anquan Boldin
WR - Chad Ochocinco
WR - Johnny Knox
TE - Visanthe Shiancoe