Any Interest In Higher Level Auction & Draft Champions Leagues

lumpy463

Post by lumpy463 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:27 am

Greg,

I think we did drink in Las Vegas on Sunday afternoon! Hey wait, I think I also paid!
With or without an additional draft on Sunday, we will have a few beverages. If it is later, we will go for a fancier dinner than the ESPN Zone!

Derek "Lumpy" Anderson
Derek "Lumpy" Anderson

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:42 am

Originally posted by Bezoar:
I don't know if you only want affirmative responses here but you asked for our thoughts.

I am happy at $650. The only negative in offering the higher dollar leagues is that they will siphon off some of the top notch competitors such as Lumpy's Losers.

Well, maybe the dilution in the competitive field at $650 isn't so bad after all. Maybe Maguire will go as well. ;) Yup, that is possible, but then again we run $650 and $1250 leagues in baseball and the competition remains tough throughout.

As for Brian, he MUST come back to Las Vegas and I'm FORCING him to buy me drinks this year after paying him over $3,000 from this football season! :D He's a good guy.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:43 am

Originally posted by Derek Anderson:
Greg,

I think we did drink in Las Vegas on Sunday afternoon! Hey wait, I think I also paid!
With or without an additional draft on Sunday, we will have a few beverages. If it is later, we will go for a fancier dinner than the ESPN Zone!

Derek "Lumpy" Anderson We did.
You did.
We will. I'm from Wisconsin. I don't need fancy, just cold brews.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:00 am

For the record, $650 is my max(obviously with the main event being the exception). I hope, for years to come, the $650 leagues remain. It is good to have higher stakes leagues if there is a call for it, but hopefully the $650 leagues will be a given every year.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

lumpy463

Post by lumpy463 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:35 am

I'm from Louisiana.
Cold brews!
Fancy food!

Derek "Lumpy" Anderson
Derek "Lumpy" Anderson

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:31 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
For the record, $650 is my max(obviously with the main event being the exception). I hope, for years to come, the $650 leagues remain. It is good to have higher stakes leagues if there is a call for it, but hopefully the $650 leagues will be a given every year. Agreed!

moyer1313

Post by moyer1313 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:24 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Follow Me:
Greg,

Sign me up for both the $1250 Auction and the $1250 Draft Champions Leagues on Friday.

And if I mention adding a Sunday afternoon draft, again, will you think it has been three different people suggesting it or just me for the third time?

Thanks,
Mark
Follow Me I heard you the first time on the Sunday afternoon gig, but I need to remind you and Lumpy about one thing: I WANT TO DRINK ON SUNDAY AFTERNOON!!! :D

Six days of events for me in Las Vegas (counting the Fantasy Sports Trade Conference) tires an old man out. But I guess if the demand is there, I'll always consider a Sunday afternoon higher stakes event and have my Corona's while you guys do that. Keep the chatter going and let me know when you're close to a full league on Sunday afternoon/evening. Then I'll promote it like crazy!
[/QUOTE]OK.

I'll bring the Corona for Greg, who wants to add a Sunday afternoon draft? Auction? Draft Champions? High Stakes? I'm up for anything.

Fill the list and then Greg can make it happen. He can do anything.

1. Follow Me - Any kind of draft

Thanks,
Mark
Follow Me
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95

Tested

Post by Tested » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:06 pm

I'm in for a higher-stakes Draft Champions league in Chicago, if one is offered.