Overvalued Players

Diesel

Overvalued Players

Post by Diesel » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:05 am

This year, I would give you Driver for Colston and G. Jennings, if we had trading...lol
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

RiFF

Overvalued Players

Post by RiFF » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:16 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
This year, I would give you Driver for Colston and G. Jennings, if we had trading...lol Don't blame you...I would too. But again, I'd gladly trade Colston for Driver straight up...which was my original reference. Not sure how Jennings got into the discussion. Unless you were intending to include Branch with Driver!!

Diesel

Overvalued Players

Post by Diesel » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:43 am

My insinuation was that Jennings will be a better value this year than Driver.

Also, I would take Jennings and Colston for Driver and Branch...Done deal. Call Greg and put the trade through...lol...I think Branch is a one trick pony. He's going to have a small handfull of good games followed by mysterious Branch disappearances.

RiFF

Overvalued Players

Post by RiFF » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:54 am

My insinuation was that Jennings will be a better value this year than Driver.

Also, I would take Jennings and Colston for Driver and Branch...Done deal. Call Greg and put the trade through...lol...I think Branch is a one trick pony. He's going to have a small handfull of good games followed by mysterious Branch disappearances. Darn!!! I knew there was something to be said for trading!! lol... And I don't necessarily disagree that Jennings is a better "value" than Driver if both their ADP's don't materially change. ;)

Route Collectors

Overvalued Players

Post by Route Collectors » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:27 pm

Your boy Colston scored 50 less NFFC points than Driver in 2006 but also played in 4 less games.
Had he gotten his average in those games he would've outscored "The Donald" by 23 points.

Even so....I'm with Riff on this one. I'll take Driver hands down this year. I like DD's experience and at 32...he's still at peak performance.

Anyone who's watched Favre over the years has undoubtably noticed his trend of really working with his go-to guy. He did it with Brooks...he did it with Freeman...and now he does it with Driver.

GB has a young unproven backfield and will throw as much in 2007 as they did in 2006 IMO. Last year DD had 92/1295/8. I think he will duplicate those #'s this season.

Colston had 70/1038/8. I also think he will hit these #'s....but it will take 16 games this year.
Colston has upside but DD is the safer pick IMO.

Diesel

Overvalued Players

Post by Diesel » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:57 pm

Originally posted by Route C:

Anyone who's watched Favre over the years has undoubtably noticed his trend of really working with his go-to guy. He did it with Brooks...he did it with Freeman...and now he does it with Driver.

Favre also did it with Sterling Sharpe. Man, that was a LOOOONG time ago. How old is Favre? 64?

RiFF

Overvalued Players

Post by RiFF » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:05 pm

quote:Originally posted by Route C:

Favre also did it with Sterling Sharpe. Man, that was a LOOOONG time ago. How old is Favre? 64?
[/QUOTE]D, can't have it both ways, pimpin' Jennings then raggin' on Brett. ;)

GOD Loves You

Overvalued Players

Post by GOD Loves You » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:53 am

I had to laugh at the list from the magazine. From what I've seen in early drafts, none of these players are really "overvalued"....heck, a few might be undervalued.

Footballguys??? I think not....who is overvaluing Chester Taylor this season after Peterson was drafted?? Who's overvaluing Winslow when no one is really sure how he will respond to the surgery?? Based on his stats last season, Winslow is greatly undervalued IMO. And Ginn Jr......who in their right mind would draft him at all unless the league rewards pts. for return TD's. He wasn't a good WR in college so how can a move to the Dolphins change that??

Man, so many of these magazines are a joke. Footballguys, I haven't read the magazine, but wouldn't even consider it after seeing this so-called overvalued list. I wonder if the magazine also stated that L.T. is a pretty good player who should be on the top of everybody's wish list.

When are the people who actually watch the games AND win money playing fantasy football going to come through and prove who the real "experts" are. "I have my hat filled with names, somebody draw out a few and we will call them our overvalued players for 2007!" :D

BTW, no way Colston duplicates his numbers from last season. I would be surprised if he had over 1,000 yards receiving this season.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Coltsfan

Overvalued Players

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:15 am

In the satellite last night Driver and Colston were the 2 players that I was choosing from at 3.7. (Honestly I was glad that both fell to me) It was 50/50 in my mind with which one to take. I ended up selecting Colston mostly because I felt there was more upside there. Andre Johnson was who I really wanted but he went right in front of me.

Without Joe Horn in the mix Colston is clearly the go to receiver so we'll so what happens. Barring injuries, I don't see a lot of differnce between the two.

Wayne