Friday Chat Has Begun

Tom Kessenich

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:27 am

Originally posted by JB:
Thomas Jones had a couple good runs last night but do you think he's overrated? I mean come on, the whole idea of trying to use him like Marshall Faulk is ridiculous. Jones hasn't done squat in the NFL and they never even tried to throw him the ball last night. I agree Jones hasn't done anything, but this offense certainly brings out the best qualities in RBs -- see Faulk and Holmes. Now I'm not saying Jones will be that good, but remember how many people laughed a couple of years ago when Dick Vermeil said Holmes would be a poor man's Marshall Faulk? How many of those folks are laughing now?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

JB

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by JB » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:30 am

Atleast Holmes had shown he was capable of greatness with a few great games with Baltimore. I honestly can't remember ONE good game that Jones ever had!

Tom Kessenich

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:32 am

I can. He had a nice game against the Packers last season and I remember he had a big game for the Cardinals two years ago. OK that's two. :D

Holmes had some nice moments with the Ravens, but he wasn't anything special which is why they let him go. This is a very RB-friendly scheme, no doubt about that. If Jones is ever going to do something, I think this is the year he'll do it. I like him this season.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

JB

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by JB » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:32 am

Was the A-train hurt because I never saw him in the game? I guess they are not going to trade him or they would have "showcased" him a little.

JB

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by JB » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:33 am

You have a lot better memory than me I guess

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I can. He had a nice game against the Packers last season and I remember he had a big game for the Cardinals two years ago. OK that's two. :D

[ August 13, 2004, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: JB ]

Tom Kessenich

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:35 am

I actually just remember Jones' big game two seasons ago because I was decimated by injuries at RB and needed someone to pick up for one week. Jones had a big game vs. Seattle and the Cardinals were playing the Seahawks again. Seattle's run defense was putrid, so I grabbed Jones off the waiver wire, just needing one decent game out of him.

He stunk up the joint. lol
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

JB

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by JB » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:47 am

So do you know if the A-train is hurt? What did you think of Steven Jackson?

Tom Kessenich

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:49 am

Thomas will miss 1-3 weeks with a rib injury. All of the reports I've seen about Jackson were very positive. He was the RB most scouts believed was best prepared to make an immediate impact in the NFL, so the Rams look like they have a real prize there.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

JB

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by JB » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:59 am

Oh so you didn't see the game? I thought he looked like the real deal and I definately bumped him up a little more after seeing him. That's what sucks about drafting Faulk...you're going to have to use a 5th or 6th round pick to handcuff him.

Tom Kessenich

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:03 am

Originally posted by JB:
Oh so you didn't see the game? I thought he looked like the real deal and I definately bumped him up a little more after seeing him. That's what sucks about drafting Faulk...you're going to have to use a 5th or 6th round pick to handcuff him. No I didn't see the game. I'm not a 100 percent believer in the handcuff theory and this year in particular I think you can find some solid options later in the draft if you miss out on the backup you need. But if you draft Faulk, you will want to target Jackson, however you may have to reach for him about a round earlier than you like. I agree that he seems to be the real deal.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich