NFFC FAAB Deadline Update

renman

Post by renman » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:37 am

Snake,

I am talking about the different unforseen things that can happen between Fridays FAAB deadline and Sunday. The hurricane was a dramatic example of what can happen. But more realistic would be an injury Friday or Sat. night. A player getting sick. A player getting arrested or suspended. A player getting caught in a hottub with an underage girl (Chmura).

What are peoples thoughts on having access to the free agent leftovers that no one wanted to bid on Friday in case of an emergency but required to play a premium price for one?

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:42 am

I think the "in case of emergency" would need concrete, objective parameters or else it would essentially just be another waiver processing period in which ANY team could participate, irrespective of their roster? In that case, we're just back to the "How many waiver periods do we want?" discussion, no?

And the fact that "no one wanted the player on Friday" is kind of irrelevant; that player could become much more coveted by the weekend due to injuries in front of him, etc..

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:48 am

option c sounds the best and option d the worst. you should not be able to pick up a player cut the same week.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:53 am

Without question......C

renman

Post by renman » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:55 am

Sandman,

You are making my point for me. If a player suddenly has value AFTER Friday night, it shows that things can happen between Friday and Sunday.

I personally have never understood why FAAB runs on Friday as it is. Why don't we find out the results of FAAB Sunday morning at 11am eastern? These are not 'just for fun Yahoo leagues' where guys set their lineups on Friday and ignore pro football until the results are in Sunday night.

What is the downside to running FAAB a few hours before kickoff on Sunday?

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:14 am

Not sure telling players scooping up 10+ teams NOW they know who they have to start/bench - a mere 2 hours before game time.

Lordy-B if there's ever a FAAB processing glitch a mere TWO hours before game time. I couldn't even imagine what Greg/Tom would have to go thru.

Nah, two hours before g/t will NEVER happen.

[ September 20, 2011, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Quahogs ]

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:16 am

I agree. Plus people go to NFL games, church, parties and other things that they may not be chained down to a computer on Sunday. It's one thing to quickly make a lineup change on the one or two gametime decisions we might have each week; it's another to have to go through all our leagues to see who we got and have to delay many decisions until Sunday morning.

particra

Post by particra » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:17 am

Originally posted by Quahogs:
Not sure telling players scooping up 10+ teams NOW they know who they have to start/bench - a mere 2 hours before game time.

Lordy-B if there's ever a FAAB processing glitch a mere TWO hours before game time. I couldn't even imagine what Greg/Tom would have to go thru.

Nah, two hours before g/t will NEVER happen. For real. The Weds. deadline sucks for those of us with multiple teams. If two FAAB periods are not possible, I'd rather the whole thing just be done on Friday.