Fantasy Flashback

kapefear

Fantasy Flashback

Post by kapefear » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:52 pm

I'll give you a 1 week memory...Typical bye week "special." I was forced to play David Patten at wr vs. the Colts,can't remember what year or exactly how many points he scored,but he Ran,Rec. and passed for a TD,3 in all.....

1. of my favorite 'hookups", Scott Mitchell qb,detroit to Herrrrrman Moooooooooore...Man I loved those days...

1. back I truely enjoyed watching and in fantasy was Eddie George...Strong & powerful

Alltime name team and took one of the best hits ever was Snoop Minnis, wr. Kc., FSU star never quite put it together,but got popped and tried to get up and did a 3 step and fell back down...Looked like mike tyson just knocked himout.. :D

Diesel

Fantasy Flashback

Post by Diesel » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:24 am

I'm still in denial here that the NFL is over.

Is there anybody out there? ! (Cricket)

Ow about some 1-2 punches that made for some great fantasy points?

Fred Barnett and Calvin Williams

Ernest Givins and Haywood Jeffries

Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens...NOT! They did play together, but Owens spent most of his time in San Fran calling Jeff Garcia gay. Like that is going to make your QB throw the ball more your way! Lol
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

hammer

Fantasy Flashback

Post by hammer » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:44 am

Steve Beurline to Mushin Muhamad was ridiculous for a fantasy playoff run down in Carolina;

Billy "the mad bomber" Volek to Drew Bennett not so long ago was also pretty incredible in Tennessee

Those are the most prominent connections I remember, though I do also remember Steve Young very fondly... one year he was a one-man wrecking machine in SanFrancisco... absolutely ridiculous fantasy season

BillyWaz

Fantasy Flashback

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:12 am

I'll dip into the old days for a bit.

Guys I remember dominating for at least a season....

QB- Steve Young was awesome, but I was always partial to Jeff George. HORRIBLE "real life" QB, but got the job done in fantasyland! Aaron Brooks fell into that mold as well.

RB- Thurman Thomas, Neal Anderson, and a true beat in his day.....DALTON HILLIARD. That guy could do it all, ala Roger Craig. Christian Okoye and Barry Word fizzled quick, but Terry Allen had that one remarkable year, but two favorites of mine then were CHRIS WARREN and DERRICK FENNER. Chris Warren was the best fantasy RB no one knew about.

WR- Andre "bad moon" Rison and the three amigos in Denver (was always partial to Vance Johnson). Haywood Jeffries was a stud, as was Andre Reed. Sterling Sharpe was the greatest of all for fantasy (not named Rice), and two of my other faves were ARKANSAS FRED BARNETT and EDDIE BROWN.

TE- Eric "Green Machine" of the Steelers was dominant, but the consistent guys were WESLEY WALLS and KEITH JACKSON. Mark Chimura was solid until he started banging the babysitter! :eek:

I had one team (1994?) that drafted after the first week of the season.

I started out with Steve Young who had an injured thumb (nothing serious), Sterling Sharpe, and took Emmitt Smith in the 4th round (he was holding out, and I believe he returned after week 2.

Add in Chris Warren, and WOOOOOOOO, that team was a doozy! Ah the days of local leagues BEFORE the internet and 20 magazines! :D

[ February 22, 2010, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Diesel

Fantasy Flashback

Post by Diesel » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:05 am

Here is a good indicator that not much will change in the QB part of fantasy in 2010...

I read an article about how Dante Culpepper "tops the free agent talent pool in 2010". Are you kidding me? Man, the teams without a QB right now have a LONG road ahead of them.
Dante Culpepper the top free agent? I think Kordell Stewart would have more value if he came back in 2010. WoW.

Diesel

Fantasy Flashback

Post by Diesel » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:57 am

Fantasy NewsFlash:

Thomas Jones will be released by this Friday.

This is a sure fire way of crumbling a team's spirit. Not only was Thomas Jones the leader of this Jets' team, but he just came off TWO excellent seasons, and only tapered off towards the end of the year, when he was told that his role would be diminished to get Shonn Green in the game more.

Even if Leon Washington comes back at full strength, the Jets WILL realize what they let go as soon as they find themselves on a 4th down and a critical 1 or 2 yards for a 1st down or TD and come up short. Jones ALWAYS got that score or first down. This team is about to make one huge mistake by letting T.J. go.

GOD Loves You

Fantasy Flashback

Post by GOD Loves You » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:10 am

David Boston anyone?
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

kapefear

Fantasy Flashback

Post by kapefear » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:38 pm

God, I was a HUGE David Boston fan...What a waste..