RvB - SPANS THE GLOBE tonight!

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:54 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:
I would really like for Glenn to come on to Red vs Blue sometime. He's had as much success as anybody in the nffc the last 2 years.

Wayne ...thank you Wayne and as you know I appreciate it much...and for the record, I am NOT lobbying for "recognition" nor am I in need of ego-stroking here but man, it's incredible to me how the masses can so suddenly turn, if you know what I mean...again, thanks much Wayne as you know how highly I think of you on a personal basis most importantly, your FF prowess and your opinion as well ...GK
[/QUOTE]Get a room! :D

Just kidding. GK knows his stuff and usually hits on mid-round WRs. Get him on the show and force him to give up the goods. ;)
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:46 pm

http://url4t.com/1AD

Things are heating up gang!

Unfortunately, the bad news keeps rolling in.

The AFFL has announced they will be OPEN for business in 2010. Their grand prize winner and countless others have significant winnings yet to be paid!

PLUS, the FFOC situation just won't go away. More news is breaking and it's not good for those winners. The late arrivals are pouring in with emails wondering what just happened.

We'll be drawing for some draft slots for some prominent leagues and hopefully we'll find the time to squeeze in some DRAFT SLOT STRATEGY.

11PM EST! TONIGHT!
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:25 am

Originally posted by FPA - Scott Atkins:
http://url4t.com/1AD

Things are heating up gang!

Unfortunately, the bad news keeps rolling in.

The AFFL has announced they will be OPEN for business in 2010. Their grand prize winner and countless others have significant winnings yet to be paid!

PLUS, the FFOC situation just won't go away. More news is breaking and it's not good for those winners. The late arrivals are pouring in with emails wondering what just happened.

We'll be drawing for some draft slots for some prominent leagues and hopefully we'll find the time to squeeze in some DRAFT SLOT STRATEGY.

11PM EST! TONIGHT! Well Scott, I didn't listen to your show last night but it's good to see that you got the other board all fired up about the FFOC again. And I see that ol' venerable David Dodds is now throwing out all kinds of accusations that he doesn't have any common sense about. This is the same David Dodds who emailed me and Ryan telling us we should leave the 12-team online space because we had no chance against them. And in return their new venture wouldn't enter the 14-team contest area in the future. Sheesh. Go crazy Double-D, go crazy.

You know, I've talked with a lot of the former FFOC players this week and this is a great, great group of fantasy players who are looking for another alternative game this year, one that will pay off their prizes and provide them with a competitive playing field. We are getting all kinds of crossover play right now and you can see it with our Online Championship signups. We have over 210 teams registered right now and we're going to hit 600, I can tell. These folks want to play again in 2010 and I'm glad we're able to reach out to them and talk with them.

I wish all of the free entries had been paid by FFOC's owners too, but that game has left. There is no FFOC in 2010. We sure wish they would have returned too as it was a part of our back-end business, just like the other contests are for RT Sports. But we have our own contests to run and hopefully we can provide an area for these players to compete in.

And as DD knows, he can email me or Ryan with any of those questions if he wants. He certainly knows how to get a hold of us, as do you Scott.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:47 am

As a wise man once said: "Serious accusations require serious evidence." To date, I have yet to see a smoking gun.

Scott's FPA has the potential to be an excellent advocate for high stakes fantasy football players. Unfortunately, by presenting these allegations as a witch hunt, he is firing some people up while alienating others. Perhaps a less sensational tone is in order.

Old School

Post by Old School » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:26 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
As a wise man once said: "Serious accusations require serious evidence." To date, I have yet to see a smoking gun.

Scott's FPA has the potential to be an excellent advocate for high stakes fantasy football players. Unfortunately, by presenting these allegations as a witch hunt, he is firing some people up while alienating others. Perhaps a less sensational tone is in order. Considering the source is always useful as some say, so are you saying Scott has an agenda? The FFPA is supposed to be independent. Are you saying he is not Glenn?

Old School

Post by Old School » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:34 am

I will say this. This whole FFOC drama is sucking the fun right out of the anticipation of football season for me

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:52 am

Originally posted by Old School:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:

Scott's FPA has the potential to be an excellent advocate for high stakes fantasy football players. Unfortunately, by presenting these allegations as a witch hunt, he is firing some people up while alienating others. Perhaps a less sensational tone is in order. Considering the source is always useful as some say, so are you saying Scott has an agenda? The FFPA is supposed to be independent. Are you saying he is not Glenn?
[/QUOTE]Joe, if the goal of that organization is to protect the players then why is Fanball the total focus of the FFOC talk? And why is this talk always on a competing message board? I just talked with Scott on Thursday and even got him on the Sirius radio show as a guest and at no time did he ask me to come on his show on Friday and explain our email to past FFOC members. I just was on his show for over an hour and spoke openly about Fanball's role and he could have easily asked me to be on it.

There are FFOC owners if people want to ask them why they didn't return in 2010 and why they didn't want to pay off the free entries. Those same message boards have posted the owners' names. Yet Fanball continues to be the focus and it's crazy, especially for a supposedly independent organization.

I was a founding member and the president of the Fantasy Sports Trade Association for four years. We were independent and fair. I think the FPA has the potential to fill a role that the FSTA for whatever reason has abandoned. But so far I think they've appealed to a minority audience who isn't really trying to protect the players who they feel someone wronged.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:15 am

Originally posted by Old School:
I will say this. This whole FFOC drama is sucking the fun right out of the anticipation of football season for me If I read something like this on the other boards I'd be sick too. Here is Alex Kaganovsky stating without any facts about the FFOC $1 million winner, who just joined our NFFC Online Championship (so he must at least feel good about us):

"It is very likely that the "million" dollar winner will not get his $700,000 annuity. That a guess but I bet most will agree. This will make this the largest forfeit in FF history."

Let's see some facts about this.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:19 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Old School:
I will say this. This whole FFOC drama is sucking the fun right out of the anticipation of football season for me If I read something like this on the other boards I'd be sick too. Here is Alex Kaganovsky stating without any facts about the FFOC $1 million winner, who just joined our NFFC Online Championship (so he must at least feel good about us):

"It is very likely that the "million" dollar winner will not get his $700,000 annuity. That a guess but I bet most will agree. This will make this the largest forfeit in FF history."

Let's see some facts about this.
[/QUOTE]Was just about to post this on the FFPC boards. In fact, I think I'll go do that right now.