12 Team Leagues

BillyWaz

12 Team Leagues

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:55 pm

I refuse to get into this with you.

The fact is someone gave me a compliment, you couldn't stand it, so you had to take a jab.

I'll ask again..

PLEASE stop with the stalking!

[ February 16, 2008, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Raiders

12 Team Leagues

Post by Raiders » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:48 am

Just in case, anyone has wondered why I haven't posted in a while? :rolleyes:

Snake, Billywaz is a proven player.
Nothing more, nothing less.

I could have gone with others, I choice Him because we disagree on players.
I was wrong, and He was right.
Just giving Billy His due.

[ February 17, 2008, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

BillyWaz

12 Team Leagues

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:23 am

Thanks again Raiders!

Sorry your simple compliment had to be sabotaged by someone who obviously has issues with my successes. :(

Greg Ambrosius

12 Team Leagues

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:52 am

Run away from this thread boys, run away.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Coltsfan

12 Team Leagues

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:09 am

When you play fantasy football the goal is to put yourself in position for success through a solid draft, working the waiver wire (roster management), and setting your lineups. At that point in time luck takes over. All you can do is put yourself in position to win.

For example:

Do you think that the people who picked Tom Brady this year did it with the expection of 50 TD's? He made some very average teams very good this year.

Was Randy Moss being considered by anyone as the top WR this past year? (I'm sure someone who took him will say yes but I would have to see it to believe it.)

Was it a bad decision to take Steven Jackson, Marvin Harrison, Travis Henry, Frank Gore, Steve Smith, etc or was it bad luck? Somebody will say that they were positive so and so would be a flop but overall the consenses amongst most FF players is that these players would be good producers this year.

Where I'm heading is that if you are consistently putting yourself in position to win, that is more of a testament to your fantasy football ability than actually winning. If I was in 12 leagues, I would rather have 7-8 top 3 finishes, 10-11 finishes in the top half of my leagues, and 1-2 non competitive teams than say 2 league championships, 2-3 top half finishes, and 7-8 bottom half finishes. I haven't even looked to see where BillyWaz finished in his 12 leagues but I guess that he was competitive in most. If not, then it was a bad year - not because he didn't eek out a first.

Many of the winners this year took Brady and while I give them credit for a solid decision I find it hard to believe that his actual numbers were anywhere near what was expected of him. Many others took Moss and it could be argued that he was not only a very risk pick but a bad early round pick prior to the season. Remember the injury?

I lucked into Westbrook at the 10th slot this year in the NFFC and Jamal Lewis in the 4th round. Was I a great player because I picked these players and my team performed well? No! I was luckier than .... than Westy fell to me becasue everyone else left was a landmine on my cheat sheet and Lewis wasn't even a player I was targeting. He was simply best available and I left the draft really questioning that pick. (Better lucky than good sometimes!)

Snake, I have no doubt you're a good fantasy football competitor and you know you're stuff. Billy not winning a league is no more a thorn in his resume than your having a bad main event in 2006. You can both be very good top notch fantasy football players despite this happening. I'm sure that I speak for everyone here in asking for you and BillyWaz to put to rest the attacks in 2008! It's time guys! Good luck to you guys in 2008 and if you want to run your cheatsheet past me this year I'll let you know what I think! :D

Wayne

BillyWaz

12 Team Leagues

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:11 am

I wouldn't totally disagree with that Snake.

However (and keep in mind that I also took Ahman in the 4th), taking players like A.Green, you (in general) CANNOT be naive enough to believe that "this is the year they will stay healthy".

That being said, I was very happy with my first 3 picks, and felt he was worth the risk (upside), so I pulled the trigger. Obviously it was the wrong choice, as I could have had Jamal Lewis (who I liked) and MarShawyn Lynch (who I wanted nothing to do with).

In other words, it is difficult to select players like Ahman Green, when you (in general) have a bunch of other injury prone players (recipe for disaster IMO).

BillyWaz

12 Team Leagues

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:33 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I wouldn't totally disagree with that Snake.

However (and keep in mind that I also took Ahman in the 4th), taking players like A.Green, you (in general) CANNOT be naive enough to believe that "this is the year they will stay healthy".

That being said, I was very happy with my first 3 picks, and felt he was worth the risk (upside), so I pulled the trigger. Obviously it was the wrong choice, as I could have had Jamal Lewis (who I liked) and MarShawyn Lynch (who I wanted nothing to do with).

In other words, it is difficult to select players like Ahman Green, when you (in general) have a bunch of other injury prone players (recipe for disaster IMO). ...SNAKE also felt pretty good about his first three picks as well (Westy, Wayne, Javon)...The Serpent also disrespectfully disagrees (as does TK and a swarm of other FF comrades who drafted him) with your assessment that Javon was "injury prone" especially being that it was his SECOND season coming off his knee surgery (after a fairly productive first season after the knee surgery in 2006) when players of his talents and abilties more often than not typically flourish...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Uhm....

perhaps you missed the "you (in general)" reference, as my post WAS NOT directed specifically to you.

Therefore, I have no clue why you are bringing up Javon Walker here as he was never mentioned in my post???? :confused: