What Will The First Round Look Like In 2014?

David U Kennedy

Re: What Will The First Round Look Like In 2014?

Post by David U Kennedy » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:02 am

I know its hard to put them in top 10 but they have the opportunity to be top ten players. I might boot Andre out for sake of his age, QB questions, new coaching staff, and emergence of Hopkins. I am not totally sold on A Brown's first big year. His talent isn't tremendous. Alshon Jeffrey might slip next year. Hard to gauge if he is truly awesome or the beneficiary of Marshall's presence.

TR

Post by TR » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:44 am

David U Kennedy wrote:I know its hard to put them in top 10 but they have the opportunity to be top ten players. I might boot Andre out for sake of his age, QB questions, new coaching staff, and emergence of Hopkins. I am not totally sold on A Brown's first big year. His talent isn't tremendous. Alshon Jeffrey might slip next year. Hard to gauge if he is truly awesome or the beneficiary of Marshall's presence.
Jeffery is awesome and I'd have him ranked ahead of Marshall if not for Marshall's bromance with Cutler. This was Antonio Brown's first year as the number 1 WR and look what he did...he will continue to soak up the targets as feature WR in Haley offense. And he is alot more talented than u think...caught 5 + passes EVERY game..can't ask for better consistency than that...torched Joe Haden after Haden locked down AJ Green as well..I wont even mention what he did to your bills :lol:

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:46 pm

TR wrote:
JETS SB wrote:
David U Kennedy wrote:I was going to say I am the Andre Reed of Hall of Fame but low and behold he finally gets in. Hooray for the Jim Kelly Era. I pose this question are Hilton and Allen top ten WRs next year???
Which of these WRs are you putting Hilton and Allen ahead of? I would say they are both around 15ish :

Calvin Johnson
Josh Gordon
Julio Jones
Antonio Brown
AJ Green
Demarius Thomas
Brandon Marshall
Alshon Jeffery
Dez Bryant
Andre Johnson
Eric Decker
Pierre Garcon
Randall Cobb
Desean Jackson
Jordy Nelson
Vincent Jackson
Larry Fitzgerald
I'd put Keenan Allen ahead of Decker, Andre Johnson, Cobb, Desean, Vincent, Larry Fitz, Josh Gordon next year
I could see most of these. Gordon is a superior talent that can only improve with a better QB and other decent receivers. The numbers he put up with who he is playing with was pretty impressive.

TR

Post by TR » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:18 pm

Which of these WRs are you putting Hilton and Allen ahead of? I would say they are both around 15ish :

Calvin Johnson
Josh Gordon
Julio Jones
Antonio Brown
AJ Green
Demarius Thomas
Brandon Marshall
Alshon Jeffery
Dez Bryant
Andre Johnson
Eric Decker
Pierre Garcon
Randall Cobb
Desean Jackson
Jordy Nelson
Vincent Jackson
Larry Fitzgerald[/quote]

I'd put Keenan Allen ahead of Decker, Andre Johnson, Cobb, Desean, Vincent, Larry Fitz, Josh Gordon next year[/quote]
I could see most of these. Gordon is a superior talent that can only improve with a better QB and other decent receivers. The numbers he put up with who he is playing with was pretty impressive.[/quote]

True but there is still the lingering possibility of Gordon screwing up off the field again and getting lengthy suspension...2 risky for me to spend early rd pick on him which is what it will take next season. I'd much rather have Keenan Allen coming off a very good rookie season who could only get better in his 2nd year.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:21 pm

TR wrote:Which of these WRs are you putting Hilton and Allen ahead of? I would say they are both around 15ish :

Calvin Johnson
Josh Gordon
Julio Jones
Antonio Brown
AJ Green
Demarius Thomas
Brandon Marshall
Alshon Jeffery
Dez Bryant
Andre Johnson
Eric Decker
Pierre Garcon
Randall Cobb
Desean Jackson
Jordy Nelson
Vincent Jackson
Larry Fitzgerald
I'd put Keenan Allen ahead of Decker, Andre Johnson, Cobb, Desean, Vincent, Larry Fitz, Josh Gordon next year[/quote]
I could see most of these. Gordon is a superior talent that can only improve with a better QB and other decent receivers. The numbers he put up with who he is playing with was pretty impressive.[/quote]

True but there is still the lingering possibility of Gordon screwing up off the field again and getting lengthy suspension...2 risky for me to spend early rd pick on him which is what it will take next season. I'd much rather have Keenan Allen coming off a very good rookie season who could only get better in his 2nd year.[/quote]
Well, you will likely get him anytime you want in the second or third round, while Gordon is going off the board in the first.

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:30 pm

TR wrote:
David U Kennedy wrote:I know its hard to put them in top 10 but they have the opportunity to be top ten players. I might boot Andre out for sake of his age, QB questions, new coaching staff, and emergence of Hopkins. I am not totally sold on A Brown's first big year. His talent isn't tremendous. Alshon Jeffrey might slip next year. Hard to gauge if he is truly awesome or the beneficiary of Marshall's presence.
Jeffery is awesome and I'd have him ranked ahead of Marshall if not for Marshall's bromance with Cutler. This was Antonio Brown's first year as the number 1 WR and look what he did...he will continue to soak up the targets as feature WR in Haley offense. And he is alot more talented than u think...caught 5 + passes EVERY game..can't ask for better consistency than that...torched Joe Haden after Haden locked down AJ Green as well..I wont even mention what he did to your bills :lol:
+1,,,,wouldn't surprise me if Jeffrey is top 5 this year and ABrown right behind him.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:47 pm

JETS SB wrote:
TR wrote:Which of these WRs are you putting Hilton and Allen ahead of? I would say they are both around 15ish :

Calvin Johnson
Josh Gordon
Julio Jones
Antonio Brown
AJ Green
Demarius Thomas
Brandon Marshall
Alshon Jeffery
Dez Bryant
Andre Johnson
Eric Decker
Pierre Garcon
Randall Cobb
Desean Jackson
Jordy Nelson
Vincent Jackson
Larry Fitzgerald

True but there is still the lingering possibility of Gordon screwing up off the field again and getting lengthy suspension...2 risky for me to spend early rd pick on him which is what it will take next season. I'd much rather have Keenan Allen coming off a very good rookie season who could only get better in his 2nd year.
Well, you will likely get him anytime you want in the second or third round, while Gordon is going off the board in the first.[/quote]

I might by August rank WR like this
1. Dez Bryant
2. Calvin- only cuz of knee concerns
3. Julio
4. Green
5. D. Thomas
6. B. Marshall
7. Flash Gordon reluctantly with possible suspension issues.
After that 8-20 look very comparable and hard to rank. Lots can happen and no home run type players in my eyes. Brown had a fabulous year but he was very average with Wallace around. Who knows maybe Roddy White re-emerges in to top ten?? Cobb could be a top ten. If Arizona figures out how to block for Carson then Larry becomes a top 5.

TR

Post by TR » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:04 am

I might by August rank WR like this
1. Dez Bryant
2. Calvin- only cuz of knee concerns
3. Julio
4. Green
5. D. Thomas
6. B. Marshall
7. Flash Gordon reluctantly with possible suspension issues.
After that 8-20 look very comparable and hard to rank. Lots can happen and no home run type players in my eyes. Brown had a fabulous year but he was very average with Wallace around. Who knows maybe Roddy White re-emerges in to top ten?? Cobb could be a top ten. If Arizona figures out how to block for Carson then Larry becomes a top 5.[/quote]

Yet u have Julio ranked only 1 spot behind Calvin...no concerns over Julio's far more serious injury and surgery? And the whole pt is Walace is NOT around...Antonio Brown got the feature role in Haley's offense that Wallace had his last year in pittsburgh. We saw what happened to Wallace when he left for miami...Antonio Brown the more rounded receiver and much better fit for the Haley offense..Steelers made the right decision keeping him..if only a bills receiver could be so average eh...LOL

Monkeyville

Post by Monkeyville » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:10 pm

Can we open up the slow drafts??? I'm ready after seeing this debate :D
FEAR THE MONKEY!!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:54 pm

Monkeyville wrote:Can we open up the slow drafts??? I'm ready after seeing this debate :D
Yes, we will have that available soon. Our goal is to begin drafts in February, whether they be private DCs or more. Stay tuned.

But I agree, LET'S START DRAFTING!!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius