Week 1 FAAB

Sebadiah23

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Sebadiah23 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:02 pm

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
quote:Originally posted by Sebadiah23:
My favorite bid seen was Brandon Lloyd for a dollar, about right there, but dropping Mike Sims-Walker! are you for real. is that allowed ? thats your 900 bid. [/QUOTE]It's an online championship league at least. Almost expected to see lunacy there.
-Durant/GWallace/Millsap/Ibaka ride it
http://kielinski.blogspot.com/

BLACKHAND

Week 1 FAAB

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:04 pm

Originally posted by Sebadiah23:
quote:Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
My favorite bid seen was Brandon Lloyd for a dollar, about right there, but dropping Mike Sims-Walker! are you for real. is that allowed ? thats your 900 bid. [/QUOTE]It's an online championship league at least. Almost expected to see lunacy there.
[/QUOTE]its hard to play in that league if stuff like that goes on. thats not to cool at all.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Sebadiah23

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Sebadiah23 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:07 pm

Originally posted by GK:
My favorite bid seen was Brandon Lloyd for a dollar, about right there, but dropping Mike Sims-Walker! ...aw c'mon man, WHO dropped MSW and in WHAT league please?...thanks much...GK [/QUOTE]Online Championship 08/22/2010 #24

Lloyd acquired for $455 less than you got him, drop was MSW.

rkulaski

Week 1 FAAB

Post by rkulaski » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:08 pm

Originally posted by Singletary's Samurais:
rkulaski...what'd you bid just out of curiosity? I bid on him in 3 leagues. My bids ranged from 150 to 280 depending upon my need at WR.

Sebadiah23

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Sebadiah23 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:11 pm

Originally posted by Sebadiah23:
quote:Originally posted by GK:
My favorite bid seen was Brandon Lloyd for a dollar, about right there, but dropping Mike Sims-Walker! ...aw c'mon man, WHO dropped MSW and in WHAT league please?...thanks much...GK [/QUOTE]Online Championship 08/22/2010 #24

Lloyd acquired for $455 less than you got him, drop was MSW.
[/QUOTE]I think Erick Lindgren's girlfriend is managing it.

GOD Loves You

Week 1 FAAB

Post by GOD Loves You » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:14 pm

Should've saved some dinero with a Camarillo/Amendola purchase.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

chriseibl

Week 1 FAAB

Post by chriseibl » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:26 pm

I'm the idiot who went insane on clayton.

i could be wrong but i'm confident in clayton being the most talented receiver in that group, even if he's no better than an average at best player

comparing 13 weeks of a usable receiver to what people get on average throughout free agency going back and looking at bids the past couple years, i thought it made sense. the reality is 8-10 teams in your league are going to get nothing out of free agency and by securing clayton i feel my chances of being one of those teams has decreased by a lot.

not to mention a couple of the players i like based on speculation are still available for $1 when i have room on my roster to cut someone, even if that someone i end up cutting is mark clayton

i actually feel as though my bid was the "safe" route, rather than hoping a.) another guy who is usable is available in free agency and b.) i get the winning bid in on that guy... which again, even if that did happen would offer far less than 13 weeks of production.

for example, if you get a stud at week 7 he has to be twice as valuable as clayton was to provide the same impact to your team. i'm not saying there isn't a player or two who won't do that, but there certainly won't be many.

me and mark are off to go hang out!!!!

Chris

rkulaski

Week 1 FAAB

Post by rkulaski » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:32 pm

Originally posted by GK:
...either way, dropping MSW the Jags # WR after ONE stinkin' week, well I think that was indeed a HUGE mistake (I have him finishing overall anywhere from #20 - #28 or so overall at the wideout position) and like Frank stated "not cool" at all...if this was done in a Main Event league he should now have to be removed from the FA pool imho...GK I'm not in the main event again this year but completely agree here fwiw.