Start/Sit Week 4

Sandman62

Start/Sit Week 4

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:38 am

Originally posted by FalconsGuy:
quote:Originally posted by Sandman62:
I'd like to know how the heck you even thought this, given that Gore said all week he wasn't sure he'd play and that less than an hour before gametime, a SF beat writer said Gore might even be inactive??? :eek: I want some of your crystal ball! ;)

[We sat him for Hunter :rolleyes: ] It's not a crystal ball but rather a special or keen "sense". It's the same reason I started Cam instead of Cutler.
[/QUOTE]May be keen sense. But unless your keen sense is right a lot more than wrong, it could also be just pure dumb luck.

Please share your tea leaf reading on Gore then? As I said in another thread... I'd venture a guess that 80+% of Gore owners played viable [no bench garbage who had 0 chance of breaking double digits] alternatives yesterday, especially those with Hunter. Let's take a poll? Gore owners??? How many started Gore (and please also specify if you had heard the news prior to game time that he might be deactivated)???

[ October 03, 2011, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

mattjb

Start/Sit Week 4

Post by mattjb » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:40 am

Oh god is FalconsGuy snake?

renman

Start/Sit Week 4

Post by renman » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:53 am

I am not a gore owner, but I do own Hunter. I started Hunter over Shonne Greene once it was reported that he was starting.

I am a great fantasy gm!

Oh, wait.. I started Reggie Bush AND Donald Jones over Beanie Wells with last second lineup changes.

Then watched the Jets defense score 20 to beat me by 2 points.

Without fantasy football pain there can be no euphoria when things go right...

Sandman62

Start/Sit Week 4

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:05 am

Originally posted by mattjb:
Oh god is FalconsGuy snake? I thought the same thing when I saw the "keen" and "sense" in the same sentence. :rolleyes: And the arrogant M.O. suggested it too - the whole "I can't provide any DATA I used to make a decision; I just have better HUNCHES than everyone else, blah blah blah" gave it away too.

Look I'm not suggesting that everyone uses other website commentary to help with decisions (though I suspect most do). But if not that, then certainly SOME form of DATA is used - stats, watching game film, local news items, etc.??? I mean, other than pure dumbass luck, who on earth would, in such a vaccuum, make the decision to start Gore yesterday, given the news at hand, unless they just had NO other alternatives?

And seeing his user name now shows "Unregistered" beneath it, I'd guess that Greg and Tom checked his teams to see if he has the players being discussed and found he did. Heck, I checked his Classic, Primetime and Online teams and couldn't find a match. So maybe it's his Super or Diamond or similar team?

At any rate, they've apparently disinfected the message boards for us (again!). Thanks guys!

[ October 03, 2011, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

BillyWaz

Start/Sit Week 4

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:23 am

Where did Eddie's post go?

I benched Gore in the only 2 leagues I had him, and Eddie is right on the money with his comparison to Moreno the week before.

I did figure Gore would get 8-10 touches, but the worry that he would reaggravate his injury AND the fact I thought Philly would be up by a bunch and they wouldn't put him on the field in a blowout was how I made my decision.

Not sure what "lines" were supposed to be read between, but I see that FalconsGuy is now "unregistered". :confused:

thegambler

Start/Sit Week 4

Post by thegambler » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:27 am

i am new here and not trying to start anything but who is this snake guy that you all talk about?

BillyWaz

Start/Sit Week 4

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:31 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
quote:Originally posted by mattjb:
Oh god is FalconsGuy snake? I thought the same thing when I saw the "keen" and "sense" in the same sentence. :rolleyes: And the arrogant M.O. suggested it too - the whole "I can't provide any DATA I used to make a decision; I just have better HUNCHES than everyone else, blah blah blah" gave it away too.

Look I'm not suggesting that everyone uses other website commentary to help with decisions (though I suspect most do). But if not that, then certainly SOME form of DATA is used - stats, watching game film, local news items, etc.??? I mean, other than pure dumbass luck, who on earth would, in such a vaccuum, make the decision to start Gore yesterday, given the news at hand, unless they just had NO other alternatives?

And seeing his user name now shows "Unregistered" beneath it, I'd guess that Greg and Tom checked his teams to see if he has the players being discussed and when they found he did. Heck, I checked his Classic, Primetime and Online teams and couldn't find a match. So maybe it's his Super or Diamond or similar team?

At any rate, they've apparently disinfected the message boards for us (again!). Thanks guys!
[/QUOTE]It sucks that they have to be on "red alert" for every new person to sign up on the boards, because of one person.

These boards definitely have a new "feel" to them, and are really starting to get back to the football talk that once made them enjoyable. We can all come on and admit mistakes, talk about the game we love, etc. I really hope it stays that way, and they continue to progress in the right direction.

Eddiejag

Start/Sit Week 4

Post by Eddiejag » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:24 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Where did Eddie's post go?

I benched Gore in the only 2 leagues I had him, and Eddie is right on the money with his comparison to Moreno the week before.

I did figure Gore would get 8-10 touches, but the worry that he would reaggravate his injury AND the fact I thought Philly would be up by a bunch and they wouldn't put him on the field in a blowout was how I made my decision.

Not sure what "lines" were supposed to be read between, but I see that FalconsGuy is now "unregistered". :confused: Wow what happened to my post as i see Billy saw it but i dont. :(
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Jaidanut

Start/Sit Week 4

Post by Jaidanut » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:31 pm

BillyWaz
Member # 80

Member Rated:
posted October 01, 2011 12:02 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Round 2 -:
Need 1 for flex
Jacoby Ford
Garcon
Jacobs

I would go Garcon. He and Painter were looking like they were in sync last week, and if Painter puts a bit more air on that one pass....it's a TD. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BillyWaz looking into the crystal ball. Great call!!