NFFC Notables

SNAKE II

NFFC Notables

Post by SNAKE II » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:52 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE II:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE II:
Greg,SNAKE wrote that was never in the equation nor posted anywhere. He states that he shall be back to once again impart his ever-so-humble FF wisdom upon the masses and herds after Sunday's games. In the meantime I am still making some extra money by posting for SNAKE in the interim although to tell you the truth, the dude is kind of weird and all. if snake's team posts under 90 pts this weekend, will he still come back to the MB? [/QUOTE]Again, I'm just posting for SNAKE but he wrote these two responses here;

1) yes, most certainly (but also added that he doesn't see that as a realistic possibility because his team "MIGHT FINALLY be at full strength for the first time since Week 2".

2) wants you to capitalize SNAKE in your posts.
[/QUOTE]Ahman Green (knee) sat out Texans practice Wednesday.
[/QUOTE]Sorry but I simply refuse to write SNAKE's reaction and response to this bit of news in print as I don't know if there are children who read this MB or not. But let's just say that it wasn't very pleasant.

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Notables

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:56 am

Snake 2: do u know if snake 1 will be making a faab run at priest holmes?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

SNAKE II

NFFC Notables

Post by SNAKE II » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:58 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Snake 2: do u know if snake 1 will be making a faab run at priest holmes? SNAKE wrote to say yes but he really means no. I am not entirely sure what that means but again, I am only the messenger here. Sorry guys.

SNAKE II

NFFC Notables

Post by SNAKE II » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:01 am

SNAKE wrote that he will no longer be available because it is his Birthday today and he is going to his party now. He says bye-bye to all of his "loving and adorable hordes of fans and comrades out there in FantasyLand". Man, this conduit gig sucks.

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Notables

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:10 am

Originally posted by SNAKE II:
SNAKE wrote that he will no longer be available because it is his Birthday today and he is going to his party now. He says bye-bye to all of his "loving and adorable hordes of fans and comrades out there in FantasyLand". Man, this conduit gig sucks. happy b-day snake 1 and snake 2 :D
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

sportsbettingman

NFFC Notables

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:14 am

Originally posted by 4D:
I look at it like this. One end of the luck scale has the card game war. No skill involved, it's all a matter of how the cards are dealt. At the other end is chess. No matter how lucky I may get I'm not beating Bobby Fisher. His skill level is insurmountable. Somewhere in the middle is fantasy football. As Greg says, impossible to put a percentage on, and it will vary from week to week and year to year. You can improve your skill level to move up the "skill ladder" but you will never, ever approach chess. You're just looking for that slight advantage that makes sure luck works more for you rather than against you.

In any event, I'd rather play fantasy football than war or chess.

Lastly, while I don't think anyone expected it, wouldn't it have been nice if we could have taken Snake at his word? This reminds me of an interesting quote from a Chess book re: luck.

I cannot recall, nor find it on the web, but it had to do with Luck in Chess...(among the elite)

It explained how the mood of the combatants, the general health, and how a persons day had gone all had a large impact on their level of play that day. Those "out of their control" factors were attributed to luck.

Pretty interesting perspective, coming from a Chess expert.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Inf4life

NFFC Notables

Post by Inf4life » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:15 am

Originally posted by JohnZ:
I wonder what would happen if Greg or Tom checked the logged IP addresses.

Bets please.

Let's set an over/under and then change it 12 hours later. I'd be willing to bet that they are one in the same.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

ultimatefs

NFFC Notables

Post by ultimatefs » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:20 am

Originally posted by Go Getta:
quote:Originally posted by JohnZ:
I wonder what would happen if Greg or Tom checked the logged IP addresses.

Bets please.

Let's set an over/under and then change it 12 hours later. I'd be willing to bet that they are one in the same.
[/QUOTE]Same leading 2-0
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

mkrucek

NFFC Notables

Post by mkrucek » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:31 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
quote:Originally posted by 4D:
I look at it like this. One end of the luck scale has the card game war. No skill involved, it's all a matter of how the cards are dealt. At the other end is chess. No matter how lucky I may get I'm not beating Bobby Fisher. His skill level is insurmountable. Somewhere in the middle is fantasy football. As Greg says, impossible to put a percentage on, and it will vary from week to week and year to year. You can improve your skill level to move up the "skill ladder" but you will never, ever approach chess. You're just looking for that slight advantage that makes sure luck works more for you rather than against you.

Lastly, while I don't think anyone expected it, wouldn't it have been nice if we could have taken Snake at his word? This reminds me of an interesting quote from a Chess book re: luck.

I cannot recall, nor find it on the web, but it had to do with Luck in Chess...(among the elite)

It explained how the mood of the combatants, the general health, and how a persons day had gone all had a large impact on their level of play that day. Those "out of their control" factors were attributed to luck.

~Lance
[/QUOTE]Lance, that may be true with two players of equal skill. But I'm talking about different skill levels. For example, me and Bobby Fisher. I don't care how he's feeling that day, I'm gonna lose. No ifs, ands, or buts.

To relate it to fantasy football, let's compare Billy and Snake. Obvious difference in skill level, yet on occassion, because of luck and factors outside anyone's control, Snake will finish ahead of Billy. That wouldn't happen in chess.

And I vote SAME on the tale of two snakes.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

sportsbettingman

NFFC Notables

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:38 am

Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
quote:Originally posted by 4D:

~Lance
[/QUOTE]Lance, that may be true with two players of equal skill. But I'm talking about different skill levels. For example, me and Bobby Fisher. I don't care how he's feeling that day, I'm gonna lose. No ifs, ands, or buts.

To relate it to fantasy football, let's compare Billy and Snake. Obvious difference in skill level, yet on occassion, because of luck and factors outside anyone's control, Snake will finish ahead of Billy. That wouldn't happen in chess.

And I vote SAME on the tale of two snakes.
[/QUOTE]I know what you meant...but still wanted to post what I thought was an interesting thought...how a chess master can even perceive luck is involved to a degree.

...and wanted to say WHATUUUUP 4Doz!

I vote same.

~Lance

[ October 17, 2007, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver