ZMan v. BWaz - Who is your $ on?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:18 pm

Originally posted by FI$HER:

Last but not least, can you do a running tally to see who has the most points during 2005, 2006 , 2007 and 2008 at the end of the season. Their may be a new sheriff in town, and his name is Reggie Hammond :cool: I'm not questioning your talents either Fi$her, as you guys are definitely one of the best. I have much respect for your abilities, as you guys always are right there.

That being said, if I could have the guy in front of me take Deuce in 2005, and I take who I intended to take (Portis), and I take Palmer over Plummer I literally went down to 2 seconds deciding on that one) I WALTZ into the 2005 championship round and would be a perfect 5 for 5 in NFFC championship appearances.

However, I can't DISCARD that, much like you can't say "2004 shouldn't count".

Maybe you have been better over the last 4 years with your cousin, but just like the tagline reads.....

i
i
i
i
i
V

[ December 02, 2008, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:20 pm

Round 3,618 :eek: :D
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:22 pm

Originally posted by JohnZ:
Round 3,618 :eek: :D Nah John, just a little jabbing from each of us.

No need to eagerly wait on this, as you will most likely be disappointed. ;)

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:29 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by FI$HER:

Last but not least, can you do a running tally to see who has the most points during 2005, 2006 , 2007 and 2008 at the end of the season. Their may be a new sheriff in town, and his name is Reggie Hammond :cool: I'm not questioning your talents either Fi$her, as you guys are definitely one of the best.

That being said, if I could have the guy in front of me take Deuce in 2005, and I take who I intended to take (Portis), and I take Palmer over Plummer I WALTZ into the 2005 championship round and would be a perfect 5 for 5 in NFFC championship appearances.

However, I can't DISCARD that, much like you can't say "2004 shouldn't count".

Maybe you have been better over the last 4 years with your cousin, but just like the tagline reads.....

i
i
i
i
i
V
[/QUOTE]I am not saying that 2004 shouldnt count, I am saying that the birth of FI$HER in NFFC was in 2005. And I was simply asking you to tally it up at the end of the year to see which "TEAM" has the most points in that era.
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:44 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by JohnZ:
Round 3,618 :eek: :D Nah John, just a little jabbing from each of us.

[/QUOTE]Just havin' fun while I put in these 15 hour days with end of FB (breaking ties/posting playoff matchups) and start of off-season baseball.

I finished worse than Glenn that year. Most of it was Jules stealing every player I wanted a round early, a bad draft on the other picks, and other good owners like Todd and Capt.

It's great you've hit all the years, but many a good player has had a stinker. You've recently mentioned this yourself.

I'm happy with my 3rd cash in 5 years. :D
I've never really cared about the overall stuff. The only thing that matters is what you've done lately anyways..

For the love of God Glenn, please don't brown nose this post. ;) thanks much....
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:08 am

Originally posted by JohnZ:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by JohnZ:
Round 3,618 Nah John, just a little jabbing from each of us.

[/QUOTE]Just havin' fun while I put in these 15 hour days with end of FB (breaking ties/posting playoff matchups) and start of off-season baseball.

I finished worse than Glenn that year. Most of it was Jules stealing every player I wanted a round early, a bad draft on the other picks, and other good owners like Todd and Capt.

It's great you've hit all the years, but many a good player has had a stinker. You've recently mentioned this yourself.

I'm happy with my 3rd cash in 5 years. :D
I've never really cared about the overall stuff. The only thing that matters is what you've done lately anyways..

For the love of God Glenn, please don't brown nose this post. ;) thanks much....
[/QUOTE]I hear what you are saying John, but there is a difference between a bad year (finishing in the middle of the pack to 75%) and finishing with a "stinker". Basically I don't agree that "all" good players will have a "stinker" every so many years, but I suppose I can see how it would happen.

As for not caring about the "overall stuff", you have made MANY posts about how if you wouldn't have had that one disasterous (and uncharacteristic) year you would be up there too, but there in lies the separation of the "top players", and those that are a bit behind.

While I agree "what you have done lately" is important, taking JUST one (or even two) recent years and basing an opinion on whether that owner deserves to be mentioned with "the best" (for lack of a better term) is a little ridiculous.

As you may know, I am 99% sure I am going to be joining the NFBC Main this year. If I win the 100K (stop laughing and bear with me! ), does that mean that I should be mentioned with Shawn Childs, Rick Thomas, Gekko, etc. as the "better" players in the contest? I don't think so at all.

Another example is Martin Bedell. I think he goes by MGB309 (sorry if I messed that up Marty) on the boards. He was 3rd or 4th in lifetime standings coming into this season and for whatever reason, he has fallen to 16th or so. Since it is his most recent year, can we assume Marty is a terrible owner??? OF COURSE NOT. The guy brought it, and was as consistent as they come for FOUR years.

Everyone doesn't want to count their "bad year(s)", but when they have one or two "great years", that is their skill???? :confused:

Bottom line each year not counting injuries, whether you had a partner or not, whether you were in the right "frame of mind", who was in your league, etc. is DID YOU GET IT DONE, OR DIDN'T YOU?

The rest is just smoke and mirrors, as the points and $$$ earned doesn't lie. ;)

P.S John, Nice job cashing in 3 of 5 seasons, as I know that puts you well ahead of many here! :D

[ December 03, 2008, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:32 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JohnZ:
[qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by BillyWaz:
[qb] [QUOTE]Everyone doesn't want to count their "bad year(s)", but when they have one or two "great years", that is their skill???? :confused:

Bottom line each year not counting injuries, whether you had a partner or not, whether you were in the right "frame of mind", who was in your league, etc. is DID YOU GET IT DONE, OR DIDN'T YOU?

The rest is just smoke and mirrors, as the points and $$$ earned doesn't lie. ;)

P.S John, Nice job cashing in 3 of 5 seasons, as I know that puts you well ahead of many here! :D ...actually if you count this year as TWO years - and you arguably should as thre are TWO Main's being played (the NFFC & NBC) then The Humble & Brillaint Serpent would also indeed qualify and be a ca$her in 3 out of 5 years too!...thanks much for the kudos here Billy...hehehe...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Agreed, but I think you realize that if you count this year as TWO, then it would be 3 of 6 for cashing, yes?

And 2 of 6 if we are only counting MAKING $$$. ;)

Again Glenn, congrats on a GREAT year, as I truly believe that youhave the potential to continue your success next year and beyond! :D

Sound Advice

Post by Sound Advice » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:54 am

Originally posted by FI$HER:
...Their may be a new sheriff in town, and his name is Reggie Hammond :cool: Now THAT was funny.