TE- T Heap

K- Vinitieri
D- Atlanta

Route Collectors

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:43 am

Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
quote:Pocket Aces -

Yo, what is your squad this year lookin' like?

BTW- why r u a member of th Antonio bryant fan club? We have antonio...do we get any perks?Don't know about perks, Fisher, but you probably do have this year's version of Mushin Muhammed.
[/QUOTE]Amen to that Rick.
Glenn (K of Q) also drafted AB. Should be a great battle Wednesday night. I hope we get some log in info by tomorrow.

Mankind

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by Mankind » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:43 am

TamuScarecrow,
I love it, your post was from pure "FEAR" and "ENVY" after observing the DREAM TEAM, you must of had a beer when you posted. Lions low scoring team this year, I don't think so. Your right about Barlow, but I see lots of garbage points, looks like GG agrees with his selection of Barlow. Who said Vick is the #1 on my team, I said he was a great value pick at #102. Griese will do just fine, take a look at his stats last year when he took over the reigns. I love this game...."RESERVOIR DOGS"

LB Big Richards

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by LB Big Richards » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:49 am

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by The Next Big Thing:
quote:Originally posted by UFS:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nag':
[qb] Barring extremely good fortune during the draft, every team is going to have a hole somewhere. Most of those holes will be at either the 3rd RB or the the 4th WR - which is basically the FLEX spot. Show me a team that has a legitimate THREE starting RBs and FOUR #1/1A wrs on their roster, coupled with a top 10 QB and a Top 10 TE and I'll be really impressed. almost...

plummer(top 10)
joey H.

mccalaster(10)
l.jordan (10)
c. taylor
pittman
a-train
m. morris
Fargas

wayne(10)
s. smith (10)
bruce (15)
t. taylor (25)

heap (3)

jets d (5)

stover (5)

this is my squad from the chicago 2, I think its pretty well rounded.

many "head scratcher" picks in this draft. What ever the guy was smoking that took mike anderson with the 6th pick...let me try some cause i could use a taste. I mean dude, he would have been available for you in the second. Me like most folks, think that this team im fielding is "top notch", and that chcago 2 is mine to lose. There is one squad with a alexander/chad j/harrisson combo i think will make some noise. i cant belive they let chad go in the 3erd. I got him pegged as the #2 recever this year. Any commments? am i delusional to think i got league chcago 2 rapped up before the first snap of the season? Anyways props to my league iv'e got a bunch of great guys in my league.

Anyone else laugh at the whole "moneymaker no show"? That was quite the sham. Who do you really think was drafting "the so called moneymaker team"
I'm starting to wonder if it ws all just a big publicity stunt. I'm guessing there was noone on the other end of the phone, or if the was it was probally moneymakers "maid" or something. And finally, how hard is it to get a couple of "decent broads" to work the draft boards? i mean the guy siiting across the table from me had a bigger rack than the girl working the draft board. Is it to much to ask for a little silicone next year? I mean iv'e found prostatutes in mexico that were easier on the eyes. If you want my help next year i'll swing by scores on friday night with a bag of some "devils drandruf" and i'll bring in some "good young talent", to work the boards. It's just a thought, since half of chicagos Draft board chicks were not qauilified for husler, and the other half were 40 year old men who probally play in one or two softball leagues, when there not debating on whether or not it's gonna be a "big mac" night, or whether or not 2 dozen crispie creams will give them a stomach ache.

anyways that was a little off topic but i'd like some "back patting" for my squad. It was my first year in the league and wasn't sure what to except.

I heard mike tysons in line for next years celebrity "phone drafter".
[/QUOTE]If you're really looking for an honest opinion - sure.
Back patting before week 1 - ask your wife or girlfriend as nobody here REALLY cares about any squad but their own.
I'd stop talking about the "draft girls" if I were you as they were the daughters of your draft moderator.
The 40 year old softball guys as you put it would kick your a$$ in any FF league. Real good people that I consider friends. I know them and you don't so here's a small piece of advice - eat a little crow and throw these people you've offended an apology. As I said, they're good people and would forgive your ignorance.
As far as your team goes, only time will tell if you're successful or not. The only fair way to assess how well you did is to thoroughly analyze your draft choices as they related to your draft board. Who has time for that?
This is a good thread for teams to blow off some steam but right now most owners think they've got the $$$$$$ team.

Finally - yes it's too early to say the league is yours to lose. :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]You nailed it on the head Route C. I love rookies who think they have it in the bag. No offense dude, because your team COULD contend. Taking a flier on another WR instead of Fargas would've strengthened your team.

Mike Anderson with the 6th overall? This just adds to CHI's bad rep.

One more item - learn to spell.

Hojin
Hojin Kyung / Aram Penaranda
LB Big Richards
2003 WCOFB Champion

TamuScarecrow

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:53 am

Any commments? am i delusional to think i got league chcago 2 rapped up before the first snap of the season?TNBT, yes, you are dilusional as this team like every other team has holes. Yours happen to be at qb and rb as I am one who doesn't buy into Plummer or Jordan being top 10, Jordan certainly not as Zack Crockett will steal the 8-10 redzone tds. You Jordan drafters and lovers must not have looked at the Oakland offense for the last 5 years before you drafted him. Plummer's nickname (and we know who has the same name as his nickname on these MB's) is enough to turn me off from him but relying on Ashley Lelie to catch the ball would cause me many sleepless nights. :D Great thing is FA can be the cure.

Anyone else laugh at the whole "moneymaker no show"? That was quite the sham. Who do you really think was drafting "the so called moneymaker team"Sean Salisbury and Gil Brandt!!

And finally, how hard is it to get a couple of "decent broads" to work the draft boards?See my post in "OBSERVATIONS".
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Route Collectors

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:57 am

Hojin
I hope to see you in the playoffs again this year. How's your FBB team doing?

Jeff

TamuScarecrow

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:57 am

New York League #4 Pick #12..RB depth is weak gotta have faith in the WR's

QB : Collins / Brooks

RB : Westbrook / T. Jones / Bettis/ Moats / Pittman

WR : R. Moss / D. Jackson / H. Ward / R. Smith / B. Johnson

TE: B. Franks / H. Miller

K : M. Vanderjact

D : Tampa Bay / MinnesotaEdelman, love this team. :cool:
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place

TamuScarecrow

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:04 am

I would say yes. We finished 13th last year and had Michael Vick.Who was your other qb, Dave?
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place

LB Big Richards

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by LB Big Richards » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:07 am

Originally posted by Route C:
Hojin
I hope to see you in the playoffs again this year. How's your FBB team doing?

Jeff Unfortunately, Jeff, you won't see me in the NFFC playoffs. I had prior engagements to fulfill during Labor Day weekend, so no main event team for me. My only involvement is a LBS vs World satellite team.

Still heavy into the NFBC team. Moved up to 15th overall, but in a dogfight for the league title. Should go down to the wire.

Good luck with your teams.

Hojin
Hojin Kyung / Aram Penaranda
LB Big Richards
2003 WCOFB Champion

King of Queens

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by King of Queens » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:13 am

Originally posted by David Wooderson:
quote:Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
A question for my stat men, GG and Dyv, did any team with Michael Vick finish in the top 20 last year? I would say yes. We finished 13th last year and had Michael Vick. I think there were a few other teams that had him as well, but I cant remember the exact count. [/QB][/QUOTE]Last year we drafted Michael Vick in the 4th round. It almost killed us, but we were fortunate enough to pull 2 Top 15 QBs off the waiver wire (Brees and Griese). The results were excellent, as we finished in the Top 10 in the regular season (out of 224 teams) and Number 3 overall in the Championship series.

The lesson here is that one draft pick is not going to make or break you. That said, there was no way in hell that Michael Vick would be on our squad this year!!!