Tired of FF

Coltsfan

Tired of FF

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:05 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Snake give him a break , he just explained what he meant.By the way nice NBC week. ...hey LLCEJ - SNAKE is a Defender of Truth and that is NOT being owned up to here...however in the spirit of an ol' Comrade much like yourself (not to mention runner-up to Champion King Reptile SNAKE in The SNAKE Classic II League last year - hehehe) The Serpent will unlock and unload here...thanks and continued nice work by you as well this past weekend...hey LLCEJ, Q for ya here - in the NFFC Main how many points do you think Holmes and Mendenhall have in them tonight against that ISHO vastly over-rated Ravens D?...SNAKE [/QUOTE]Probably enough to move you up from 161st place.

Wayne

Route Collectors

Tired of FF

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:57 am

Wow....another 2 pages of off topic thread hijacking.

Add that to my list of things in FF to be tired of! :rolleyes:

No wonder I decided awhile back to vacate these boards. What a waste of time reading the constant BS bickering that nobody cares about.

Now let me guess....I have to read 2 more pages about who started it. Obviously school is back in session and the pre-K class is quite active. :rolleyes:

Coltsfan

Tired of FF

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:06 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Snake give him a break , he just explained what he meant.By the way nice NBC week. ...hey LLCEJ - SNAKE is a Defender of Truth and that is NOT being owned up to here...however in the spirit of an ol' Comrade much like yourself (not to mention runner-up to Champion King Reptile SNAKE in The SNAKE Classic II League last year - hehehe) The Serpent will unlock and unload here...thanks and continued nice work by you as well this past weekend...hey LLCEJ, Q for ya here - in the NFFC Main how many points do you think Holmes and Mendenhall have in them tonight against that ISHO vastly over-rated Ravens D?...SNAKE [/QUOTE]Probably enough to move you up from 161st place.

Wayne
[/QUOTE]...figure to around 100 or above but either way the SNAKEsquad will still have a rather comfortable lead over The Great Non-Prophet - YOU - in BOTH leagues!...hehehe...peace and harmony Comrade Colt...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Snake,

Once again you are dead wrong. We are 71st in the main with Holmes going tonight. If Holmes puts up about 15 tonight then we should be top 50. And this is without any points from QB or PK week 2 due to the hurricane.

71. Coltsfan NFFC Chicago League 4 2-1-0 522.65 7 Wayne Ellis

It would be nice if you were actually right about something every once in a while.

Wayne

Coltsfan

Tired of FF

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:10 am

Originally posted by Route C:
Wow....another 2 pages of off topic thread hijacking.

Add that to my list of things in FF to be tired of! :rolleyes:

No wonder I decided awhile back to vacate these boards. What a waste of time reading the constant BS bickering that nobody cares about.

Now let me guess....I have to read 2 more pages about who started it. Obviously school is back in session and the pre-K class is quite active. :rolleyes: You're right Jeff. Sorry about my participation. I don't normally get off track with this stuff but I just find that Snake is getting under my skin lately. So much so that I'm considering using other boards to read and post on daily about my FF addiction. I've done a little bit of posting elsewhere and they don't have this BS. We had a great day yesterday in fantasy football - lot's of teams just went off - and the bottom line was I went to bed last night absolutely pissed about the junk that Snake continues to post here. This is just so wrong. I'm about done here.

Wayne

renman

Tired of FF

Post by renman » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:29 am

Route C,

Back to the topic... Let me chime in on fantasy football pain and frustration.

The one thing that frustrate me most (and I am sure others) is the "on paper vs what really happens..." thing. This is a competition about projections and we go over them constantly both before the season in our pre draft preparation as well as during the season when setting our lineups and looking at matchups. What drives me nuts some is when "on paper" we have what looks to be a big week ahead of us and players projected to perform big underperform or the games break in a certain way that does not allow them to produce while other players predicted to have limited value just a week or two ago (Lance Moore, Muhammad, Kevin Walter) go off and shoot their teams up the standings.

I know it is all part of the game and if not for the unpredictable nature of this it would not be too much fun. In snap shot moments bad luck impacts this process... The saving grace for me is that I know that over a bigger sample and longer season the better, deeper, stronger teams emerge...

Having said that... This sure has been a frustrating 1st month for a couple teams that to me, are very strong and have under performed.

Raiders

Tired of FF

Post by Raiders » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:32 am

Originally posted by renman:
Route C,

The one thing that frustrate me most (and I am sure others) is the "on paper vs what really happens..." thing. This is a competition about projections and we go over them constantly both before the season in our pre draft preparation as well as during the season when setting our lineups and looking at matchups. What drives me nuts some is when "on paper" we have what looks to be a big week ahead of us and players projected to perform big underperform or the games break in a certain way that does not allow them to produce while other players predicted to have limited value just a week or two ago (Lance Moore, Muhammad, Kevin Walter) go off and shoot their teams up the standings.

I know it is all part of the game and if not for the unpredictable nature of this it would not be too much fun. In snap shot moments bad luck impacts this process... The saving grace for me is that I know that over a bigger sample and longer season the better, deeper, stronger teams emerge...

Having said that... This sure has been a frustrating 1st month for a couple teams that to me, are very strong and have under performed. Long season, hang in there. You know your stuff. Ride it out.

Better luck in weeks to come,

John

Greg Ambrosius

Tired of FF

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:40 am

Originally posted by renman:
Route C,

Having said that... This sure has been a frustrating 1st month for a couple teams that to me, are very strong and have under performed. But isn't that the beauty of football?? I mean, it's interesting to hear all of the frustrated people watching football these days, but that's what makes football so great. On any given day....

Look at this past weekend. USC loses at Oregon State. Wisconsin blows a 19-point lead at Michigan. Florida loses. Georgia gets blown out at home against Alabama. Dallas loses at home to Washington. The Packers lose again and have no quarterback after Rodgers. The Vikings are 1-3 after Sports Illustrated picked them to go 13-3. The Eagles lose again and on paper they are still one of the top three teams in the NFL. I mean, you could go on and on.

Football is less predictable than baseball or basketball, which makes it such a great sport. Just when you think you've figured it out you're surprised again. That's what we all love about this game. Injuries is the big game changer for EVERY team, NFL or fantasy related. It's crazy.

I hated watching the Badgers and Packers this weekend. Thank God for the Brewers this weekend. Yeah, I hate fantasy football too.....until next week. :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Raiders

Tired of FF

Post by Raiders » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:42 am

By the way I know someone who had Lance Moore, Muhammad and Favre on there bench this week and still posted 185 points. :eek:

Know another guy who in a DC League last year only picked One Defense, when I saw one of his main teams this year he had picked two Defense's. I ask him why 2, he said he was making up for last year. :eek:

John