Playoff System Protest

Tom Kessenich

Playoff System Protest

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:32 am

Originally posted by thegambler:
and the facts are, that the ffpc has grown to be the biggest HSFF event after only 3 years. not saying it is because they have a system very similar to wcoff but that is my guess. they came about because the owners and some players were getting frustrated with the wcoff.

they started out with i think 150 teams the first year and now are over 700+ teams FFPC has done extremely well without a doubt. Again, though, I don't think you can simply say that the format alone is what resulted in the increased growth. I think there are a number of factors, not the least of which was their partnership with footballguys, which put them front and center in front of the largest collection of fantasy football players in the industry. That was a great move FFPC made and it's paid big dividends for them in terms of their growth.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Playoff System Protest

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:34 am

and the facts are, that the ffpc has grown to be the biggest HSFF event after only 3 years. not saying it is because they have a system very similar to wcoff but that is my guess. they came about because the owners and some players were getting frustrated with the wcoff.

they started out with i think 150 teams the first year and now are over 700+ teams Oh boy, I think you've repeated this a few times now. Kudos to them for offering a $200,000 grand prize this year and being there on the weekend that WCOFFers were used to. Shame on us for offering two $100,000 grand prizes and never having been on that weekend before 2011. But again, either way we've both grown and we both have unique games. I think that's good. And I'm pretty sure both of us will pay quickly and in full this season, which EVERYONE will love.

So let's both continue to grow and may the next new game entering this space be as resilient and honest as both of us have been. And there's no need to repeat your statement above again, we get it.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

thegambler

Playoff System Protest

Post by thegambler » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:35 am

i think this discussion is turning into andy vs the nffc...not my intentions. just wanted to give my opinion on a thread.

this topic/thread has hit its conclusion. not much new stuff is being said. up to 7 pages of me saying have a playoff and everyone else say beat it loser. well, more like don't let the door hit my azz on the way out or go join another league. ok, maybe not everyone is saying it but i am guessing most would agree with those statements...lol

i have a theory that if the nffc changed its 12 team format to add a playoff they would bring in more poeple. seems like most on here disagree with that theory. all good with me.

gotta run guys, have fun. time to go home.

Sandman62

Playoff System Protest

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:42 am

As did most in the newbie poll, and I strongly suspect as would most when the NFFC vets are polled. Until then, it does come across like you think your opinion speaks louder than everyone else's? We think you're wrong.

DoubleG

Playoff System Protest

Post by DoubleG » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:45 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by thegambler:
look at how the wcoff was run since jesse and dustin took over. they ran it like sh*t but still kept up the 900 teams. he*l, they even had crappy pay schedule but still kept it up to 900 teams. I think that begs the question of whether they reached 900 teams because they had a playoff system or because they had a $300,000 grand prize. Or possibly both. I definitely could be wrong but I'm not sure it was the format which drew so many teams to that event over the years. [/QUOTE]the other important questions is...how many of those 900 teams paid the full entry price? maybe half? i bet a lot of them were discounted significantly

[ November 16, 2011, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: DoubleG ]

BillyWaz

Playoff System Protest

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:35 am

i think this discussion is turning into andy vs the nffc...not my intentions. just wanted to give my opinion on a thread.

this topic/thread has hit its conclusion. not much new stuff is being said. up to 7 pages of me saying have a playoff and everyone else say beat it loser. well, more like don't let the door hit my azz on the way out or go join another league. ok, maybe not everyone is saying it but i am guessing most would agree with those statements...lol

i have a theory that if the nffc changed its 12 team format to add a playoff they would bring in more poeple. seems like most on here disagree with that theory. all good with me.

gotta run guys, have fun. time to go home. Gambler,

Having an opinion is fine. Trying to beat into everyone's skull........not so much.

You were one of the people who were constantly on the WCOFF boards basically telling people they were completely wrong and that they should BELIEVE Dustin. Well you obviously were wrong about that, and I am guessing your playoff system would not even be close to the majority if polled here.

The main reason is like Riverdog said, how would we do it AND keep a 13 week season?

If you then think more would prefer an 11 week season to a 13 week season......I'll be the first to call you off your rocker.

Although it was no fault of the FFPC (due to the lockout) NUMEROUS playoff berths hang in the balance this weekend while superstars like Foster, Wallace, Mendenhall, Sproles, Colston, Graham, Daniels, Brees, Roethlisberger, etc can't even give them a CHANCE to win. :(

And to say people here are resistant to change is ludicrous. Since 2004, the following MAJOR changes have been made in the NFFC......

-3RR & KDS

-Awarding $2500 to both the points and record, and playing 3 weeks for the additional $2500....but if you are top in record and points you get all $5000 (can't get any more fair than that).

-Added the Primetime

-Customer service has NOT changed, and has been top notch since day one (Fanball excluded...which was no fault of Greg or Tom).

Seriously, the 11 week regular season is the biggest drawback to going to a 4 team playoff. I would say MAYBE 10-20% would be in favor of that as opposed to 13 weeks.

[ November 16, 2011, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Glenneration X

Playoff System Protest

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:40 am

Billy, I'm not necessarily for a playoff system here. However, why can't you have a 13 week season and still have a league playoff simultaneous to the overall championship playoff similar to what we do now, just with a couple more teams?

I don't think a playoff and the 13-week season are mutually exclusive.

BillyWaz

Playoff System Protest

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:54 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
Billy, I'm not necessarily for a playoff system here. However, why can't you have a 13 week season and still have a league playoff simultaneous to the overall championship playoff similar to what we do now, just with a couple more teams?

I don't think a playoff and the 13-week season are mutually exclusive. Keeping it where the c-ship round is from weeks 14-16, you could have 4 teams play for POINTS in those weeks to determine the top 3, but if you did the #1 vs #4, #2 vs #3 thing, then I think you would be over in week 15, no?

Glenneration X

Playoff System Protest

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:09 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:

I don't think a playoff and the 13-week season are mutually exclusive. Keeping it where the c-ship round is from weeks 14-16, you could have 4 teams play for POINTS in those weeks to determine the top 3, but if you did the #1 vs #4, #2 vs #3 thing, then I think you would be over in week 15, no?
[/QUOTE]Well, that all depends. There are options.

You could go with points for the three weeks and that's a good one, one similar to what we do now between two teams for the league and what we do for the overall.
Or we can end the league only H2H playoffs in week 15 as you noted and it still would be the latest H2H league playoffs in an overall championship event.
Or we can extend the "league only" regular season to 14 weeks and have H2H playoffs weeks 15 & 16.
Or we can have 6 teams make the league playoffs and have a 3 week H2H playoffs with byes.

Not saying any of these are the best option, just saying there are playoff options that allow you to keep a 13-week regular season.

HOLLYWOODJAMES

Playoff System Protest

Post by HOLLYWOODJAMES » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:41 pm

You said it with your own words: You knew what the rules were when you signed up to play in this competition.

ALL of us decided to play, and our records and points are a product of our ability or INABILITY to make wise decisions. Don't blame the NFFC or it's format for YOUR shortcummings.

NFFC should take control of your sorry-ass team and set the lineup so you don't ruin the integrity of the league.

If you don't like the way the game is played - DON'T PLAY!!!
2011 Online Championship League Champion (Best record)