Classless act or good strategy??

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:23 pm

Originally posted by renman:
if this game is about fantasy football lovers fielding players with the intent of putting up stats to win games... thats one thing. if you think this game is also partially about blocking other owners, "playing" other owners, gathering up players to hurt other teams, then leave the rules as they are... this type of situation would come up VERY seldom anyway... [/QB]Ren, I believe you contradict yourself here... you claim one is an attempt to 'win' while you seem to be proposing that the other is not an attempt to 'win'

The game is clearly NOT about blocking other owners. (Did you really say here that your interpretation of our opinions is that we want the game to be about who blocks FA pickups the best?)

The game is to score more points than your opponent. One way you can do that is to have better players than he does. Another way is to inhibit his roster so as make it difficult for him to field a complete team when he leaves you the opportunity to do so. Yet another way is to play matchups.

The reason you don't get this kind of thing happening very often is that most owners don't let themselves get screwed like Nag did. With McNair fragile and the obvious bye week coming up for his other QB, why didn't Nag spend $1 and hand pick an extra QB a week earlier? MOST owners handle it correctly, Nag did not. End of story.

(Sorry to be so abrupt, but Nag's incessant 'victim' attitude has me a little fed up with hearing it over and over again. He left himself in this position and the other owner took the opportunity. Nag clearly could have prevented this and he did not. Had he done what he should have done this would be a moot point, agreed?)

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:29 pm

Originally posted by Dyv:

The game is clearly NOT about blocking other owners. (Did you really say here that your interpretation of our opinions is that we want the game to be about who blocks FA pickups the best?)

The game is to score more points than your opponent.
Dyv Did the 4 blocks actually work? Did they cost you the game?

When GG blocked me, the net result was that he lost $122 FAAB. I would have lost anyways. So there is some risk, even $16 at the end of the season could make a difference.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:37 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nag':
[qb] That's right Nag, "most of us" are simple in our approach and you're complex and brilliant. And you got out-coached and won't admit it. Don't be offended. Simple is not always bad.

I don't understand why you keep insisting that I admit that I got outcoached? You keep metioning it in every post you made in this thread. Would it make you sleep better tonight if I admitted it?
Well, please explain to me how could I have got outcoached if I only had $3 to bid on a QB and the other team bid $4?? In order to be outcoached, you have to be able to respond or protect youself from the other "coach". I did not have enough money to do that. You want to say that my blind bidding decisions were poor and I should've left myself with more bucks? I guess you could say that, but then I wouldn't get Mewelde Moore for $155 which was where my last remaining money went to while everyone else was paying 300+. I'm not saying I didn't make any bad choices with my bidding bucks, but I did what I thought was best at the time. You want to go back and critique my decisions, be my guest.
So, you can say I got "played" or "blocked" or "taken". Those are fine. But to say I got outcoached is ignorant and more importantly, incorrect.
For Players. By Players.

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:39 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by Dyv:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nag':
[qb] That's right Nag, "most of us" are simple in our approach and you're complex and brilliant. And you got out-coached and won't admit it. Don't be offended. Simple is not always bad.

I don't understand why you keep insisting that I admit that I got outcoached? You keep metioning it in every post you made in this thread. Would it make you sleep better tonight if I admitted it?
Well, please explain to me how could I have got outcoached if I only had $3 to bid on a QB and the other team bid $4?? In order to be outcoached, you have to be able to respond or protect youself from the other "coach". I did not have enough money to do that. You want to say that my blind bidding decisions were poor and I should've left myself with more bucks? I guess you could say that, but then I wouldn't get Mewelde Moore for $155 which was where my last remaining money went to while everyone else was paying 300+. I'm not saying I didn't make any bad choices with my bidding bucks, but I did what I thought was best at the time. You want to go back and critique my decisions, be my guest.
So, you can say I got "played" or "blocked" or "taken". Those are fine. But to say I got outcoached is ignorant and more importantly, incorrect.
[/QUOTE]The outcoached occurred the previous week when all of those FA could have been purchased for $1 and you didn't do it. You created a situation where you could be blocked by your poor management decision. You knew a week earlier that McNair was injured and you had a bye week problem. You did nothing.

I will sleep just fine regardless of whether you are honest or not ;)

I enjoy being simple - I find the more complex I think I am the more of a fool I become.

Dyv

[ November 15, 2004, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: Dyv ]

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:46 pm

The outcoached occurred the previous week when all of those FA could have been purchased for $1 and you didn't do it. You created a situation where you could be blocked with poor management skills.See, now you're just being a CLOWN. And the reason why you are a CLOWN is because you're implying that YOU would've seen this block coming and purchased the QB ahead of time.

On the second thought, maybe you could've know that ahead of time.
After all, you're Dyv...."the only one"
For Players. By Players.

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:52 pm

quote:Originally posted by Dyv:
The outcoached occurred the previous week when all of those FA could have been purchased for $1 and you didn't do it. You created a situation where you could be blocked with poor management skills.See, now you're just being a CLOWN. And the reason why you are a CLOWN is because you're implying that YOU would've seen this block coming and purchased the QB ahead of time.

On the second thought, maybe you could've know that ahead of time.
After all, you're Dyv...."the only one"
[/QUOTE]Of course I would have known that ahead of time - you had one healthy QB on bye and McNair who has missed 2 weeks going and CONSTANT health warnings for the last 6 weeks. Add to that you only had $3 left and you clearly needed a QB.

Absolute no brainer decision to get that QB a week ahead of time for insurance.

No question.

Dyv

p.s. I appreciate the personal jabs. How about if we talk about how maye 'nag' should be 'whine' ? That's pretty funny, just like yours, right? ;)

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:53 pm

CLOWN
For Players. By Players.

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:57 pm

CLOWN Clowns are amusing, fools are not. Your team to run (into the ground) any way ya like!

Just don't pretend you're the victim here... you're not.

Dyv

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:01 pm

For Players. By Players.

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:03 pm