SuperSatellite League Draft Order

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:07 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Best value...pick#5
not with portis getting hurt. could be brutal there now.
[/QUOTE]Yep, there are AT LEAST 4 guys you could plug in there now. THose with the 5th pick better guess right!

Oh wait, I have the #5 in the 3CC.... CRAP! :eek:

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:23 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
I enjoy the random draft order to have different teams/players.

I would not enjoy always having 12 or 14 due to all my teams being similar.
Couldn't agree more! Thats why is nice to have some control over this process. Nothing like getting 5 random 11 thru 14 picks.

I respect whatever you say re: DC setups...you have earned it.
lol ... thanks ... maybe if we win the super satellite and our DC main event we can start to get bigger heads ... right now we are just a little bit luckier than most and have done a few things right.

I was surprised at the margin of victory from the other thread. This is my first DC league...and I have a good eye for talent late in drafts...so I may fall in love with this style (and the no-maintenance) and play a few more next year.

~Lance This format is beautiful ... hard not to love. 26 rounds ... deep planning ... NO MAINTENANCE. with those margins of victory ... whats a few points anyway? I think you will see the value of bidding on these drafts in the end.

UYT
Hakuna Matata!

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:05 pm

I believe you will prove to be correct...the value of experience.

Damn!

~Lance (I'll do my best)
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:22 pm

You do realise that the more popular bidding on draft position becomes...the more it will be exposed that there may be a fatal flaw in the serpentine game itself.

Can we all evolve toward auction drafting?...or are there WAY too many "less than smart but with money" fantasy football players out there to alter the draft setup.

I have questions about what is better...10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20 team leagues...with BIG, DEEP benches...that almost combine a draft champion with a main.

Just more buzzed talk!

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:32 am

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish both the NFFC main and WCOFF main opened up the bench size a few more rounds.

~Lance
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agreed!

If you do this, you lessen the impact you can make via the FA process. That takes away some of the skill as well as some of the fun. Yes, I understand that drafting "sleepers" is skillful but not at the cost of another part of the game, like the FA process.

Maybe a supplemental draft after week 9 (worst to first used) to increase the rosters by two players or a roster expansion of two places via the BB process?
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King