Week 6 Drops

joetreff

Week 6 Drops

Post by joetreff » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:02 pm

If the Brady owner also had Eli and snagged Derek Anderson off the wire then that has a reverse affect on the overall contest...it depletes the QB pool in that league by 1, putting Manning back in it doesn't affect the overall contest other then giving the rest of that league a shot at a QB all the other leagues are starting...

Example: SOmeone draft Peyton Manning in round 1, then decides that Hasslebeck in round 7 is too much value to pass up, then also takes Favre in round 13 and snags Griese and Anderson off the wire...Ok now does that affect the integrity of the overall game and should they be "forced" to drop valuable QBs because the rest of their league is paper thin at QB? No...so why vice versa?

dcc1973

Week 6 Drops

Post by dcc1973 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:10 pm

Greg, this week Bulger was 21 for 40 for 225 yards, 0 TDs and 3 INTs. Bulger should be put back in the FA pool for the LV league where he was removed. I didn't have an issues with removing him at the time, but it's clear he's no longer an elite QB.

kjduke

Week 6 Drops

Post by kjduke » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:20 pm

Originally posted by David Comings:
Greg, this week Bulger was 21 for 40 for 225 yards, 0 TDs and 3 INTs. Bulger should be put back in the FA pool for the LV league where he was removed. I didn't have an issues with removing him at the time, but it's clear he's no longer an elite QB. When he was injured, and his best OL was injured and his top three receivers all were injured (incl/ SJ), he was no longer a top player worthy of removal ... the evidence is now indisputable.

Greg Ambrosius

Week 6 Drops

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:12 am

Originally posted by David Comings:
Greg, this week Bulger was 21 for 40 for 225 yards, 0 TDs and 3 INTs. Bulger should be put back in the FA pool for the LV league where he was removed. I didn't have an issues with removing him at the time, but it's clear he's no longer an elite QB. As I said previously, since only one league dropped him before his injury, I chose to remove him to see if he would be a top-flight QB upon his return. Tom and I talked after yesterday's game and agreed that Bulger is no longer worthy of being held out of any league. We'll talk with STATS today and then contact LV 8 members once we know exactly what is being done. Thanks for the input.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Gordon Gekko

Week 6 Drops

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:21 am

Agreed about Bulger.

I'll give u a call this week greg. I'm trying to finalize something b4 calling you.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Sound Advice

Week 6 Drops

Post by Sound Advice » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:45 am

Isn't it odd how most of the contestants can get by without calling Tom or Greg, and others can't?

Gordon Gekko

Week 6 Drops

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:52 am

Originally posted by Sound Advice:
Isn't it odd how most of the contestants can get by without calling Tom or Greg, and others can't? Odd???? Not at all. Talking with someone can help to iron out differences. In addition, it's a good way to "talk" football with friends. If u want to stay a hermit, SA, you can certainly do so.

Btw, thanks for the call this morning greg. Very productive talk.

As I said before, I'm working on something very good for the nffc, and I hope to give u call once I have everything ironed out.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Quahogs

Week 6 Drops

Post by Quahogs » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:52 am

Originally posted by JohnZ:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I didn't have the Blackberry on!! FLAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

The only way this could ever happen is if one of the kids dropped it in the crapper.
[/QUOTE]shouldn't it be FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG!!! ?

Greg Ambrosius

Week 6 Drops

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:04 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...hehehe...this Phenomenon is either called;

A) "Teacher's Pet Syndrome"

OR

B) "Chum-Chum Camaraderie"

...SNAKE I'm not sure anyone contacts Tom and me via phone, PM or e-mail more than you Glenn, so keep your chum-chum comments close to the vest. Welcome back to the message boards. ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius