Wednesday/Friday Waivers

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Wednesday/Friday Waivers

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:55 pm

The NFFC had a record-breaking season in 2012 and we currently have over 4,000 teams competing, including over 3,200 teams using FAAB each week. The entire HSFF space grew this year and just between the two major contests there are likely over 9,000 teams setting FAAB each week. That's a lot of work for you folks early in the week and something we understand.

Last year we did survey our customers and the end result was that a full Wednesday FAAB was the top choice. Going to a Wednesday FAAB that involved only the two Thursday teams with a full FAAB on Friday was the second best option when you look at all of the votes. It's actually something I had asked our IT department to be ready for last year and we were ready to work on it if that had received the most votes. We did talk about this yesterday in a meeting and technically this is something we absolutely could do if it was a direction we chose to go.

We'll definitely get through much of the regular season before sending out a survey of possible rules changes to all NFFC owners and getting their opinions while the season is still fresh in their minds. This one change is something we'll consider depending on the feedback and the votes. Everyone will have a say in this and a few other items on the survey. Again, I'm glad the discussion is on all of us doing what is best to improve the game, as all discussions should be. A change might make it better or staying as is may be the best option. We'll ask you and act quickly after receiving your input. Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:51 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:The NFFC had a record-breaking season in 2012 and we currently have over 4,000 teams competing, including over 3,200 teams using FAAB each week. The entire HSFF space grew this year and just between the two major contests there are likely over 9,000 teams setting FAAB each week. That's a lot of work for you folks early in the week and something we understand.

Last year we did survey our customers and the end result was that a full Wednesday FAAB was the top choice. Going to a Wednesday FAAB that involved only the two Thursday teams with a full FAAB on Friday was the second best option when you look at all of the votes. It's actually something I had asked our IT department to be ready for last year and we were ready to work on it if that had received the most votes. We did talk about this yesterday in a meeting and technically this is something we absolutely could do if it was a direction we chose to go.

We'll definitely get through much of the regular season before sending out a survey of possible rules changes to all NFFC owners and getting their opinions while the season is still fresh in their minds. This one change is something we'll consider depending on the feedback and the votes. Everyone will have a say in this and a few other items on the survey. Again, I'm glad the discussion is on all of us doing what is best to improve the game, as all discussions should be. A change might make it better or staying as is may be the best option. We'll ask you and act quickly after receiving your input. Thanks all.
Greg,

I think you should have one person who supports each option write up a little summary of why that option would be the best. As you said you've got 4,000 teams which means thousands of different people that may or may not visit these boards and read these threads. Just to make sure the people voting will be able to make an imformed decision.
Hey maybe we can have a debate :D nah I've seen enough of those already... :roll:
Pat Sorge

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:45 pm

If I were voting today, I like it the way it is. There are little to no differences in the status of players from Wednesday to Friday. Most teams travel to the city of the game on Saturday and if the player makes the flight or not, pretty much makes it a better judge whether they are going to play or not. But, many players who are questionable for the Sunday game, turn out to be game time decisions. So, having the full FAAB on Friday really only effects a small amount of players.. typically, if a player is hurt and questionable on Wednesday, it is likely you are looking for a replacement on Wednesday night, whether you know if they are playing or not.

For me, having a full FAAB on Friday is just a pain in the %^&. I have a family I like to spend time with and if I am watching football all day Sunday, taking Friday night to do FAAB is just very inconvenient. That's just me. If the Full FAAB is moved to Friday next year, I will live with it and probably pick all of my choices on Wednesday or Thursday, and just tweak it a little on Friday, if need be, to be set for the FAAB.

From what I have heard, there hasn't been that disaster situation so far this year, where the Wednesday full FAAB has really hurt someone and there probably won't be. Its just a matter of preference and time.. for me, full FAAB both Wednesday and Friday is best.. but I will conform to whatever decision is made.

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:22 pm

JETS SB wrote: There are little to no differences in the status of players from Wednesday to Friday.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven