What Will The First Round Look Like In 2014?

David U Kennedy

Re: What Will The First Round Look Like In 2014?

Post by David U Kennedy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:31 am

TR wrote:I might by August rank WR like this
1. Dez Bryant
2. Calvin- only cuz of knee concerns
3. Julio
4. Green
5. D. Thomas
6. B. Marshall
7. Flash Gordon reluctantly with possible suspension issues.
After that 8-20 look very comparable and hard to rank. Lots can happen and no home run type players in my eyes. Brown had a fabulous year but he was very average with Wallace around. Who knows maybe Roddy White re-emerges in to top ten?? Cobb could be a top ten. If Arizona figures out how to block for Carson then Larry becomes a top 5.
Yet u have Julio ranked only 1 spot behind Calvin...no concerns over Julio's far more serious injury and surgery? And the whole pt is Walace is NOT around...Antonio Brown got the feature role in Haley's offense that Wallace had his last year in pittsburgh. We saw what happened to Wallace when he left for miami...Antonio Brown the more rounded receiver and much better fit for the Haley offense..Steelers made the right decision keeping him..if only a bills receiver could be so average eh...LOL[/quote]

Brown is a nice player but no Calvin, Larry, or Dez. He has opportunity but it could change with decent Rookie or free agent pick up. I've seen too many Flashes in the pan. Antonio is last years gem. Time to dig another. Stevie Johnson is just as good as Brown. Woods is very nice too. Bills will be much improved. Wallace will be a nice bargain as well. Him and Tannehill will get better.

I will put D. Thomas First overall if Decker Leaves VIA Free Agency!!!

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:33 am

How does your 2013 top ten WR list look compared to what it actually was??????????????????????? 2014 might be same

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:45 am

I have even seen the elite fantasy football player's discount significant players. I had a conversation with a well known pro and he had no confidence in Nick Foles. He even wanted to promote James Casey and put a bet on it. Well we all know how that worked out. You just never know what will happen. Mike Vick crapped his pants. I don't how you promote a QB who only ever had a half year of excellence.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:58 am

Stevie Johnson is a 1,000 yard, 8 TD player at best and is not the greatest possession receiver, which in a PPR league, as you know, is huge. Antonio Brown has the size and skills to remain an elite WR for many years. He does everything. I think Stevie Johnson has showed us his best and in reality, it is average, amongst wide receivers.

110 - 1,500, he will never be. Sorry... If anything, Woods, down the line, has more upside...

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:38 am

JETS SB wrote:Stevie Johnson is a 1,000 yard, 8 TD player at best and is not the greatest possession receiver, which in a PPR league, as you know, is huge. Antonio Brown has the size and skills to remain an elite WR for many years. He does everything. I think Stevie Johnson has showed us his best and in reality, it is average, amongst wide receivers.

110 - 1,500, he will never be. Sorry... If anything, Woods, down the line, has more upside...
Like I said Brown is a nice player and in a good situation. You say he has size and the skills. 5-10 186 lbs. is size in NFL??? He has some good speed and is a nice route runner. I could see him slip down to 1200 yards and 4-6 tds. Hes never been a big TD scorer. Stevie Johnson is a heck of a under-rated player. He has been a consistent 1000 yard WR with Terrible QB play. Stevie is the one guy D. Revis could not handle. Stevie will never put up the big numbers but I believe he is comparable to Antonio Brown.

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:34 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:
JETS SB wrote:Stevie Johnson is a 1,000 yard, 8 TD player at best and is not the greatest possession receiver, which in a PPR league, as you know, is huge. Antonio Brown has the size and skills to remain an elite WR for many years. He does everything. I think Stevie Johnson has showed us his best and in reality, it is average, amongst wide receivers.

Like I said Brown is a nice player and in a good situation. You say he has size and the skills. 5-10 186 lbs. is size in NFL??? He has some good speed and is a nice route runner. I could see him slip down to 1200 yards and 4-6 tds. Hes never been a big TD scorer. Stevie Johnson is a heck of a under-rated player. He has been a consistent 1000 yard WR with Terrible QB play. Stevie is the one guy D. Revis could not handle. Stevie will never put up the big numbers but I believe he is comparable to Antonio Brown.
Maybe it's just my own perception but isn't Stevie Johnson always hurt? It's pretty difficult to compare him to Antonio Brown. Say what you will about Big Ben but the guy is a much better option at QB than anything the Bills can run out there. Targets mean production and Antonio Brown is going to continue to get targets in that offense.
Go Big Red!

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:12 pm

CoMoHusker wrote:
David U Kennedy wrote:

Maybe it's just my own perception but isn't Stevie Johnson always hurt? It's pretty difficult to compare him to Antonio Brown. Say what you will about Big Ben but the guy is a much better option at QB than anything the Bills can run out there. Targets mean production and Antonio Brown is going to continue to get targets in that offense.
Last year he had injury issues but before that nothing much injury wise. I am only comparing them talent wise. Trust me I know how bad QB play is in Buffalo. My main point is that Antonio Brown isn't a nightmare matchup like Calvin, Dez, or Larry. He could slip down to 15 or 20 rather easily. I wouldn't put Brown in my top 7. Those guys are studs. A healthy Heath Miller could take some targets away.

THEICON

Post by THEICON » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:10 pm

You guy's done putting your smoke screen up? I'll save my intelligence for dc1 :lol:

TR

Post by TR » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:01 pm

TR wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:Greg and I posted a first round look at 2014 on our show from Vegas last week. We had John Hansen on the segment as well. He disagreed with my ranking of Eddie Lacy (7th overall). John likes him a lot but not that high. He also said that despite the large number of WRs sure to be available if you're picking in the latter part of the first round he's still likely going to take a RB with one of those two picks. Two guys he likes a lot are Le'Veon Bell and Marshawn Lynch. So don't be surprised if the Guru tells his readers next year to target one of those guys in the first two rounds while others are loading up on WRs.

Here were the Top 12 I listed on our show:

1. Jamaal Charles
2. LeSean McCoy
3. Matt Forte
4. Adrian Peterson
5. Calvin Johnson
6. Jimmy Graham
7. Eddie Lacy
8. Julio Jones
9. Josh Gordon
10. Demaryius Thomas
11. A.J. Green
12. Dez Bryant
I would take Leveon Bell over Lacy. Bell is on a more run committed team that will have Pouncey back next year and Steelers signing Munchak to be offensive line coach will only help the overall oline play. Bell already proven to be excellent in short passing game as well.
As I was saying...not surprised at all with Lacy sucking compared to where he was drafted ;) Very happy to have the Leveon Bell late 2nd rd GIFT... :mrgreen:

TR

Post by TR » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:26 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:
TR wrote:I might by August rank WR like this
1. Dez Bryant
2. Calvin- only cuz of knee concerns
3. Julio
4. Green
5. D. Thomas
6. B. Marshall
7. Flash Gordon reluctantly with possible suspension issues.
After that 8-20 look very comparable and hard to rank. Lots can happen and no home run type players in my eyes. Brown had a fabulous year but he was very average with Wallace around. Who knows maybe Roddy White re-emerges in to top ten?? Cobb could be a top ten. If Arizona figures out how to block for Carson then Larry becomes a top 5.
Yet u have Julio ranked only 1 spot behind Calvin...no concerns over Julio's far more serious injury and surgery? And the whole pt is Walace is NOT around...Antonio Brown got the feature role in Haley's offense that Wallace had his last year in pittsburgh. We saw what happened to Wallace when he left for miami...Antonio Brown the more rounded receiver and much better fit for the Haley offense..Steelers made the right decision keeping him..if only a bills receiver could be so average eh...LOL
Brown is a nice player but no Calvin, Larry, or Dez. He has opportunity but it could change with decent Rookie or free agent pick up. I've seen too many Flashes in the pan. Antonio is last years gem. Time to dig another. Stevie Johnson is just as good as Brown. Woods is very nice too. Bills will be much improved. Wallace will be a nice bargain as well. Him and Tannehill will get better.

I will put D. Thomas First overall if Decker Leaves VIA Free Agency!!![/quote]

Just came across this and got a good chuckle...I must say u were right Brown is no Larry! And Stevie Johnson just as good as brown :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: