Week 1 FAAB

Sebadiah23

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Sebadiah23 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:34 pm

I don't know what the cut-off in player quality is in football for a player to be taken out, I've done more baseball leagues in comparison. Coming off a zero catch game I'd think they'd let it go but don't really have an opinion besides it being a stupid drop.
-Durant/GWallace/Millsap/Ibaka ride it
http://kielinski.blogspot.com/

Coltsfan

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Originally posted by chriseibl:
I'm the idiot who went insane on clayton.

i could be wrong but i'm confident in clayton being the most talented receiver in that group, even if he's no better than an average at best player

comparing 13 weeks of a usable receiver to what people get on average throughout free agency going back and looking at bids the past couple years, i thought it made sense. the reality is 8-10 teams in your league are going to get nothing out of free agency and by securing clayton i feel my chances of being one of those teams has decreased by a lot.

not to mention a couple of the players i like based on speculation are still available for $1 when i have room on my roster to cut someone, even if that someone i end up cutting is mark clayton

i actually feel as though my bid was the "safe" route, rather than hoping a.) another guy who is usable is available in free agency and b.) i get the winning bid in on that guy... which again, even if that did happen would offer far less than 13 weeks of production.

for example, if you get a stud at week 7 he has to be twice as valuable as clayton was to provide the same impact to your team. i'm not saying there isn't a player or two who won't do that, but there certainly won't be many.

me and mark are off to go hang out!!!!

Chris Well said Chris! Your record speaks for itself and he's in a good enough situation that he is worth a shot. How many WR's had 16 targets this past week??????

Wayne

Chi_Town_FEW

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:40 pm

Originally posted by GK:
...either way, dropping MSW the Jags # WR after ONE stinkin' week, well I think that was indeed a HUGE mistake (I have him finishing overall anywhere from #20 - #28 or so overall at the wideout position) and like Frank stated "not cool" at all...if this was done in a Main Event league he should now have to be removed from the FA pool imho...GK Here is a guy who caught 2 balls or less in 7 games last year and 4 of those were out of the last five. He caught 63 balls last year, what are the odds he catches 64 this year with a 0 on the board already. I say let someone drop $700-800 and good luck.

Chi_Town_FEW

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:44 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
quote:Originally posted by chriseibl:
I'm the idiot who went insane on clayton.

iChris Well said Chris! Your record speaks for itself and he's in a good enough situation that he is worth a shot. How many WR's had 16 targets this past week??????

Wayne
[/QUOTE]Agree 100%.

perrylin

Week 1 FAAB

Post by perrylin » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:55 pm

I am guilty of paying and getting Clayton in 3 leagues: $875, $903, and $911. There have been too many times where I've had money left at the end because there was no talent left worth bidding on.

My rationale was to take a chance. Clayton is a WR1 on this Rams team. I also have Laurent, and Amendola on several of these teams so it serves as protection too. The Rams are better this year than last year, and Bradford is better than any QB they had last year. Clayton has the potential to be a top 20 receiver and I'm willing to gamble that he is. If he gets there, than bidding $1000 would have been a steal.

jjsegura78

Week 1 FAAB

Post by jjsegura78 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:09 pm

Originally posted by GK:
...either way, dropping MSW the Jags # WR after ONE stinkin' week, well I think that was indeed a HUGE mistake (I have him finishing overall anywhere from #20 - #28 or so overall at the wideout position) and like Frank stated "not cool" at all...if this was done in a Main Event league he should now have to be removed from the FA pool imho...GK Agreed. MSW is going to end up putting similar numbers as he last year. It was just a (like always) crazy week 1. I can see an average at it's worst for MSW at least about 13.0 ppg.
Projection 2010: Either winning my Classic LV/Chicago Dual League, or making it to the Catalina Wine Mixer.

JJ Segura

Old School

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Old School » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:59 pm

Originally posted by PunchyPerry9:
I am guilty of paying and getting Clayton in 3 leagues: $875, $903, and $911. There have been too many times where I've had money left at the end because there was no talent left worth bidding on.

My rationale was to take a chance. Clayton is a WR1 on this Rams team. I also have Laurent, and Amendola on several of these teams so it serves as protection too. The Rams are better this year than last year, and Bradford is better than any QB they had last year. Clayton has the potential to be a top 20 receiver and I'm willing to gamble that he is. If he gets there, than bidding $1000 would have been a steal. If you want a guy, pay to get him. I like your rationale. 16 targets is nuts, but when I read that Bradford and Clayton were ex-Sooners that work out together in the offseason, I thought
that should be more than a flash in the pan

Azzurri

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Azzurri » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:43 pm

Originally posted by larry schechter:
Lloyd, on the other hand, I think is a one-week wonder. Demaryius Thomas will be their #3 or better) WR before long. Lloyd is the listed #1 WR there and has been all summer long..oh ya he is also best friends with Orton. He's won his position with hard work and good play all throughout the year so far so we shall see how this works out.
Pat Tillman is my Hero.

Azzurri

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Azzurri » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:48 pm

why cant we wee all requested bids and how much.... shouldn't that be posted as it is in all other high stakes contests i play in? Unless i am looking in the wrong places i cant find them..and i really hope they are all listed for transparency sake if nothing else
Pat Tillman is my Hero.

Azzurri

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Azzurri » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:05 pm

Originally posted by Silver and Black:
On the Waiver History page, the "List View" makes it much easier to figure out to whom and for how much.

Someone in one of my online leagues bid $1 for Clayton and Hillis. So close!

I bid around 200 for Clayton in a few leagues. He could be worth it if he establishes himself as Bradford's security blanket.

There were some wild bids for week one. Wow. Thanks S and B..been trying to find that all night long...sick to see I cost myself 300 in bid bucks i did not need to use...thing is in my league (Boston draft)the player list was picked clean at the draft..i mean clean..not one player talked about here other than Lloyd was available this week..all others are rostered. So i bid higher thinking the few players that are worthy of picking up would be bid for by lots of teams..not so not ONE team other than ours bid over 100 bucks..not even Eric L who needed 2-3 Wrs to field a line up...I find this amazing..I know things can happen..but when Eric Weems and Polite are the best players available on the list i don't think all the saved bucks will be worth much of anything in our league..Lloyd was easily the best player available in our league and no one other than us bid over 65 bucks for him..sick i could have had him for 66 bucks..thing is i honestly don't think having those extra bid bucks would be that helpful..there is just NO talent left on the FA list. The best players will likely be drops and i doubt anyone will drop players that will go for huge bids in this league of all very good tough players.

[ September 18, 2010, 03:10 AM: Message edited by: DT ]
Pat Tillman is my Hero.