WCOFF bankruptcy

The Franchise

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by The Franchise » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:51 pm

Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:
Yeah you are probably right Billy. It was a fine line on how to proceed. I wanted to try and do what was best to get myself and all others paid. Putting them into bankruptcy I decided was not likely to get that done. It was so close to getting worked out, but too many lies screwed up too many deals that were "done" until they all of a sudden weren't. Close but no cigar. I also didn't find it all that likely that they would be able to simply write me out a 266k check to shut me up. This is pretty much how I felt. Instead I get screwed and still look like a jackass for supporting them. I'm not owed as much as Chad, but 50K is not peanuts either.
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

The Franchise

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by The Franchise » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:53 pm

Originally posted by Al R G:
Chad brings up a point and I am not sure if anyone has brought this up... You cannot declare bankruptcy if you have committed fraud to obtain the debt.

Accordingly, Section 523(a)(2)(A) of the Bankruptcy Code EXCEPTS from discharge in bankruptcy "any debt . . . for money, property, services, or an extension, renewal, or refinancing of credit, to the extent obtained by . . . false pretenses, a false representation, or actual fraud."
11 U.S.C. § 523(a)(2)(A).

I am not so sure this bankruptcy will happen. Make sure as many of you as possible have representation at the hearing and make sure "fraud" is the main bone of contention. Exactly..........Fraud is what my attorney is running with.
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

fflmaster

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by fflmaster » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:12 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by fflmaster:

Negativity sells.

My guess is that the NFFC is mentioned that it once was owned by Fanball. That Fanball went out of business, but did pay its winners before it closed.

My guess is the FFPC is mentioned only as a league that was formed by players of the WCOFF when people became scared of where the company was heading. Neither of those statements cast our event or FFPC in a negative light so I'm curious as to why you continue to believe that will be the case. There is absolutely no connection whatsoever between how we and FFPC run our businesses and how WCOFF ran theirs. The only connection is all three of us competed in the high-stakes space. That's it. If the purpose of the piece is to say all high-stakes entities are corrupt then not only will the piece be rather ignorant but it will be factually incorrect. I doubt ESPN is going to do a piece like this without having all of their ducks in a row.

Again, I can't conceive of a single negative thing that could be put in the piece about us or FFPC. If we are mentioned, one would hope it would be in the context that there remain high-quality and reputable games in this space for fantasy players to choose. Otherwise, my guess is there won't be much mention, if any, of either event.
[/QUOTE]Tom, I really enjoy playing HSFF and really hope you are correct. I hope that ESPN talks highly of both the FFPC and NFFC.

I think the story will be either one of two things: one, ALL HSFF is bad or two, fantasy football is big business and a very small part will be HSFF and the WCOFF defaulting.

I am really hoping the second is the story. I don't want ESPN or anyone bringing any bad light to HSFF.

We will all find out soon.

Sorry the cynical person in me thinks that an outsider with no knowledge of either the FFPC or the NFFC will think negative things IF ESPN casts all HSFF as bad.

We will have to agree to disagree that I don't see my GUESSES at what ESPN will say as positive things.

I see them as negatives. An outsider looking to get into HSFF would not take them as positive.

To me if ESPN makes a statement then people will listen.

[ December 10, 2011, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: fflmaster ]
its nice to be the master

Tom Kessenich

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:36 pm

Originally posted by fflmaster:

I think the story will be either one of two things: one, ALL HSFF is bad I would be absolutely astonished if this was the angle if for no other reason than it is wildly inaccurate. I can't think of a single reason why ESPN would air such a blatantly inaccurate and false story that could be so easily refuted. Again, there is zero reason whatsoever in my opinion to even think our event or FFPC will be portrayed in a negative light in this story - assuming there is any mention of our events at all.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TR

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by TR » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:13 pm

I wonder if the WCOFF Outside The Lines could be preempted for something about Ryan Braun?

KenGill

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by KenGill » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:24 am

Interesting point about the "bankruptcy". They might not even be allowed to file for it! These guys are criminals and need to be pursued to the ends of the earth to recover whatever money can be recovered. Then they can look forward to sharing a jail cell with Jerry Sandusky for a while.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

Money

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by Money » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:35 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by fflmaster:

I think the story will be either one of two things: one, ALL HSFF is bad I would be absolutely astonished if this was the angle if for no other reason than it is wildly inaccurate. I can't think of a single reason why ESPN would air such a blatantly inaccurate and false story that could be so easily refuted. Again, there is zero reason whatsoever in my opinion to even think our event or FFPC will be portrayed in a negative light in this story - assuming there is any mention of our events at all.
[/QUOTE]Lindy Hinkleman received a lot of positive press recently surrounding his enormous success in high stakes fantasy baseball. Would it not be responsible of ESPN to contact him to get his thoughts on the subject and verify that he was indeed paid? This would then have to lead into some sort of mention that there are legitimate above board games that people are playing with confidence.
Joe

Chi_Town_FEW

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:45 am

Was this on at 10:00 am eastern? if not what time will it air please? Thank you.

Greg Ambrosius

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:16 am

Originally posted by Chi_Town_FEW:
Was this on at 10:00 am eastern? if not what time will it air please? Thank you. Next Sunday, the 18th.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Chi_Town_FEW

WCOFF bankruptcy

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:17 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Chi_Town_FEW:
Was this on at 10:00 am eastern? if not what time will it air please? Thank you. Next Sunday, the 18th. [/QUOTE]Thanks.