NFFC Notables

BillyWaz

NFFC Notables

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:04 pm

Geez, I haven't been on the MB since around 12:45, an although Snake is not even posting on the MB, this has turned into a "Snake thread" complaining about injuries? :confused:

Tom (I think it was him) said it best... when you take players like Westbrook and A.Green, you CAN'T POSSIBLY blame it to poor luck when they get hurt. And this is from a A.Green owner who also took the gamble.

Injuries, poor roster management, underperforming players etc. are ALL things that contribute to a team not doing as well, but that is why the FAAB is there.

To quote Billy Bob Thornton in "Pushing Tin" when he missed a shot for $50, and John Cusack told him to to keep his money....

"You either get it done, or you don't."

(without checking the tape, it was something along those lines). :D

[ October 17, 2007, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

BillyWaz

NFFC Notables

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:08 pm

Originally posted by Go Getta:
quote:Originally posted by JohnZ:
I wonder what would happen if Greg or Tom checked the logged IP addresses.

Bets please.

Let's set an over/under and then change it 12 hours later. I'd be willing to bet that they are one in the same.
[/QUOTE]Without question they are the same.

As I said yesterday, wen I put Snake on "ignore" last year I got a PM from Snake II.

When did I receive that PM...

July 2006. :D

Add one for the same. ;)

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Notables

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:09 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Without question they are the same.

As I said yesterday, wen I put Snake on "ignore" last year I got a PM from Snake II.

Add one for the same. ;) if true, snake, eh...snake 2 is a very troubled individual.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BillyWaz

NFFC Notables

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:10 pm

quote:Originally posted by Go Getta:
quote:Originally posted by JohnZ:
I wonder what would happen if Greg or Tom checked the logged IP addresses.

Bets please.

Let's set an over/under and then change it 12 hours later. I'd be willing to bet that they are one in the same.
[/QUOTE]Without question they are the same.

Add one for the same. ;)
[/QUOTE]P.S. Happy Birthday Snake! :D

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Notables

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:11 pm

P.S. Happy Birthday Snake! :D which snake did u mean?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BillyWaz

NFFC Notables

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:12 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
P.S. Happy Birthday Snake! :D which snake did u mean? [/QUOTE]Snake IV??? (has he posted yet? )

[ October 17, 2007, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Steel Curtain

NFFC Notables

Post by Steel Curtain » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:19 pm

Maybe I'm thinking of a different movie, but wasn't it Kevin Costner in Tin Cup? Although I do think that SNAKE may be the inspiration for the character that Billy Bob played in SlingBlade:

"Mmmm, I like them fried taters real well, mmmmm"
I'll say "Ho, Ho, Ho" any damn time I please

BillyWaz

NFFC Notables

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:25 pm

Originally posted by Steel Curtain:
Maybe I'm thinking of a different movie, but wasn't it Kevin Costner in Tin Cup? Although I do think that SNAKE may be the inspiration for the character that Billy Bob played in SlingBlade:

"Mmmm, I like them fried taters real well, mmmmm" LOL Steel! You are right, I meant "Pushing Tin"-it is fixed.

kjduke

NFFC Notables

Post by kjduke » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:43 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE II:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE II:
Greg,SNAKE wrote that was never in the equation nor posted anywhere. He states that he shall be back to once again impart his ever-so-humble FF wisdom upon the masses and herds after Sunday's games. In the meantime I am still making some extra money by posting for SNAKE in the interim although to tell you the truth, the dude is kind of weird and all. if snake's team posts under 90 pts this weekend, will he still come back to the MB? [/QUOTE]Again, I'm just posting for SNAKE but he wrote these two responses here;

1) yes, most certainly (but also added that he doesn't see that as a realistic possibility because his team "MIGHT FINALLY be at full strength for the first time since Week 2".

2) wants you to capitalize SNAKE in your posts.
[/QUOTE]I think I overheard Kotrax say, "WHY DOES THIS JUST SEEM LIKE snake POSTING IN THE 4TH PERSON, RATHER THAN THE THIRD?"

[ October 17, 2007, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Hard heads

NFFC Notables

Post by Hard heads » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:58 pm

What I want to know is why make a bold statement that if one of my two picks don't hit I will take a self imposed one week hiatus from the MB's and then not have stuff to live up to your onw self imposed proposition? Takes a small man to do that and borderline pathetic. Why not just come back and save the Snake 2 crap for another time as we all know you have already welched on your own words.
BTW, I agree, it is partly bad luck on my part that I am suffering in the WCOFF with the likes of Maroney, Caddy and S Moss, but's it's more bad team management and drafting then bad luck that I drafted them. If I had taken Rudi 1st and a WR 4th instead I would be much better off. But skill is a bigger factor then luck as the better owners typically show the year to year consistency and the lucky ones are the ones that win once every 4 or 5 years. Just my two cents.