AFFL and Question to the NFFC

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:57 am

Scott,

Are you implying that if AFFL doesn't have to pay back, or there ends up being close scrutiny on all other high stakes, you would bail?

I personally am not going to let "one bad apple spoil the bunch". I have never believed in the philosophy of punishing everyone because one person screws up.

To each there own though.

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:04 am

Billy...

Scott could also mean that NOT having whatever money he's owed means he WILL NOT be entering an Ultimate type league or more satellites, etc. (as planned if he DID get paid).

That's a LOT of rollover/reinvest-able dollars stolen from the Fantasy Sports money pool.

THAT does effect all other leagues.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:35 am

I THINK AT THE END OF THE DAY IT COMES DOWN TO TRUST.

I KNOW SOME PEOPLE THINK IT IS BUYER BEWARE BUT I DISAGREE. AT SOME POINT ALL OF US HAVE PITCHED IN MONEY TO JOIN A HIGH STAKES LEAGUE.

WITH THAT BEING SAID WE HAD TO "TRUST" THE PERSON OR PEOPLE RUNNING IT.

NOW AT ANY POINT SOMEONE CAN RIP US OFF AND WE WOULD HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT AND MAKES THINGS OR AT LEAST TRY TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT.

STICKING WITH THE NFFC ALTHOUGH THIS WAS MY FIRST YEAR THEY HAVE NOT GIVEN ME ANY REASON TO BELIEVE THEY WOULD DO ANYTHING SHADY AND THAT'S REALLY GOOD.

I HEAR SCOTT'S POINT THOUGH ABOUT WATCHING HIS MONEY BUT I AGREE WITH BILLY MORE ABOUT NOT LETTING A BAD APPLE SPOIL THE BUNCH.

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:38 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Scott,

Are you implying that if AFFL doesn't have to pay back, or there ends up being close scrutiny on all other high stakes, you would bail?

I personally am not going to let "one bad apple spoil the bunch". I have never believed in the philosophy of punishing everyone because one person screws up.

To each there own though. IMO, the one major effect that the AFFL situation will have (whether they end up paying or not) is high stakes contest customers may not continue to give their trust to the contest organizers with regards to prizes with the same comfort as we have in the past. Talk of Escrow accounts have already began and will likely continue. Any new contest will HAVE to have some sort of an Escrow guarantee to have any hope of attracting business. Even existing contests like NFFC, WCOFF, Fantasy Jungle and others might feel pressured to show that their prizes are guaranteed. Reputation alone may no longer satisfy everyone.

[ February 18, 2008, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Nag' ]
For Players. By Players.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:10 am

Like the Wells Fargo banner on the home page for NFFC and NFBC?
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:35 am

Originally posted by Team Legacy:
Semantics. I'm a fan of the NFFC, but I have to tell ya, since I'm directly involved, I'm watching the AFFL situation very closely and the eventual outcome will likely heavily influence my future participation in high stakes. Exactly. And if $450,000 is taken out of the industry, it will make your decision and a lot of other people's decisions easier, too. That's why this is so important.

Now Neil says he's going to pay and I'll take him at his word. At this point he's just late with the payment. Let's watch and see how it plays out.

That being said, if you and others get paid, this whole episode should leave a bad taste in your mouth going forward. Who do you trust anymore? Why put so much effort into a season and then see possibly nothing in return? I understand the questions, all of them.

Neil keeps responding to the questions being asked, so I'll assume he has a plan in mind.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:42 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Team Legacy:
Semantics. I'm a fan of the NFFC, but I have to tell ya, since I'm directly involved, I'm watching the AFFL situation very closely and the eventual outcome will likely heavily influence my future participation in high stakes. That being said, if you and others get paid, this whole episode should leave a bad taste in your mouth going forward. Who do you trust anymore? [/QUOTE]WELL TO BE HONEST GREG IT IS GOING TO LEAVE A BAD TASTE IN SCOTT'S MOUTH REGARDLESS.

TRUE IF HE GETS PAID IT IS LESS SOUR.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:41 am

I see that Neil is keeping everyone updated on the FBG boards -- not a terrible idea. However, at this point, probably the only thing he can say that will make people happy is "Your payment was mailed yesterday, with a tracking number of 1Z4563452M23421"

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:43 am

In all honesty, I can't see why they'd pay at this point. I mean, they have to know that their game is ruined. Who, in their right mind, would go back next year? Even if they paid?

I echo, Ormond's sentiment, we place our trust with whomever we choose. Fool me once, shame on them, fool me twice, shame on me!

I'm comfortable with the NFFC. I had a great year last year and I look forward to 2008.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.